Pre-Supercharger Modifications - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missxalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lindenwold
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 578
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Pre-Supercharger Modifications

I'd like to get recommending a on what mods and supporting mods I should get prior to getting my supercharger. I am going with the Procharger kit on 6-8 psi.

Currently I have:
- Steeda intake
- Roush lowering springs
- SCT race & ghost cam tune
- Borla long tube headers
- Borla shorty off-road x pipe
- Borla Stinger mufflers
- Steeda shifter bushing
- 3.31's (3.73's waiting in box to be installed)
__________________
2012 Dub Edition V6 Mustang
full borla exhaust / steeda intake / 3.73's / aluminum driveshaft
exedy stage 3 clutch / spec steel flywheel / steeda shifter bushings
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
You don't need anything. It's as easy as installing then getting a new tune. Also that's a pretty impressive list of mods, nice car.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii View Post
I'd like to get recommending a on what mods and supporting mods I should get prior to getting my supercharger. I am going with the Procharger kit on 6-8 psi.

Currently I have:
- Steeda intake
- Roush lowering springs
- SCT race & ghost cam tune
- Borla long tube headers
- Borla shorty off-road x pipe
- Borla Stinger mufflers
- Steeda shifter bushing
- 3.31's (3.73's waiting in box to be installed)
I would hold off on the 3.73's. they will create more wheelspin than the 3.31's. IIRC you have 2 v6's? One is a 2010 and one is an 11+? Which one are you installing this on? Is it auto or manual? Even with the longer gearing of the v6 trans you may still not want to put shorter gears in with the procharger
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
Also if I can remember right the stock V6 drive shaft is crap so it would be a good idea to get a new one
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I would beef up the rear end and so some suspension work.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
Also if I can remember right the stock V6 drive shaft is crap so it would be a good idea to get a new one
+1, upgrade the driveshaft.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Upper and lower control arms are a must imo.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missxalii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lindenwold
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 578
Send a message via AIM to Missxalii
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

I would hold off on the 3.73's. they will create more wheelspin than the 3.31's. IIRC you have 2 v6's? One is a 2010 and one is an 11+? Which one are you installing this on? Is it auto or manual? Even with the longer gearing of the v6 trans you may still not want to put shorter gears in with the procharger
All current and future mods will be on the 2012 v6. And it is a 6 speed.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
Also if I can remember right the stock V6 drive shaft is crap so it would be a good idea to get a new one
Yeah I did have plans to do that. Aluminum one piece.
__________________
2012 Dub Edition V6 Mustang
full borla exhaust / steeda intake / 3.73's / aluminum driveshaft
exedy stage 3 clutch / spec steel flywheel / steeda shifter bushings
Missxalii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: South Elgin ill
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Yep driveshaft uca lca and relocation brackets . Then some tires to do doughnuts with in parking lots lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:03 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.