How many speeding tickets? - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #176
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean5.0 View Post
You're lame lol
HATER!!! Lol
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #177
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
got my first speeing ticket 2 days after getting my license
ErikMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #178
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikMustang View Post
got my first speeing ticket 2 days after getting my license
My friend got pulled over on the test drive 02 mustang gt
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #179
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Zero and I have no clue why but I'm not complaining
Old 07-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #180
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I got pulled over for doing 85 in a 75 in Oklahoma, but he just told me to watch my speed. Nice guy. When I was in my beat up Subaru; I got pulled over at least a dozen times mostly not speeding related. Anytime I did get pulled over for speeding; I got a ticket every time. One was at 2 o'clock in the morning doing 70 in a 60. I had just worked my shift and had to drive all night to get to my grandmother's funeral.
I think I have 4 points on my record. My insurance is $450 every six months for my wife and I full coverage. I'm 26 btw
D2theJ2theC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #181
Registered Member
Regular

Since i moved, I never drive the speed limit on the highways anymore. Cops around here don't bother you unless you're going really booking it. I drive 20 to 30 miles over. See cops all the time; they don't seem to sweat the small stuff. That or they don't want to cause a traffic jam.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #182
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
20 to 30 miles over isnt considerd speeding?? I got pulled over and got a ticket for 61 in a 55
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #183
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
20 to 30 miles over isnt considerd speeding?? I got pulled over and got a ticket for 61 in a 55
It is but they just don't seem to care on the highways here. The speed limit is 60 mostly everyone goes 70 to 75. I was doing 75 in a 60 when i first got my car and a cop in a camaro passed me doing at least 85 no lights or anything. He just looked at me and I nodded. I never go past 5 in town though.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

A ticket for 6 over in a 55 is ridiculous.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #184
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2theJ2theC View Post

It is but they just don't seem to care on the highways here. The speed limit is 60 mostly everyone goes 70 to 75. I was doing 75 in a 60 when i first got my car and a cop in a camaro passed me doing at least 85 no lights or anything. He just looked at me and I nodded. I never go past 5 in town though.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Oh I see lol, yea it is, but I did get the ticket dropped, guess the cop was having a bad day
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #185
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got pulled over for doing 85 in a 75 in Oklahoma, but he just told me to watch my speed. Nice guy. When I was in my beat up Subaru; I got pulled over at least a dozen times mostly not speeding related. Anytime I did get pulled over for speeding; I got a ticket every time. One was at 2 o'clock in the morning doing 70 in a 60. I had just worked my shift and had to drive all night to get to my grandmother's funeral.
I think I have 4 points on my record. My insurance is $450 every six months for my wife and I full coverage. I'm 26 btw
He wrote you up on the way to your grandmothers funeral? That is brutal!
Mustanglulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #186
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post

I THOUGHT BOOBS GOT YALL OUTTA TICKETS??
You would think! I don't think the female cops fall for it though :/ lol

I was pulled over on I-95 Easter morning and got a $200 ticket and the cop called my tinted tail lights dumb even though they are super translucent

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #187
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Hah, when I was a teenager a girl I hung out with/dated had borderline E cups and got pulled over by a cop who started to chat her up. Well we were both 17 at the time and when the cop finally looked at her license and saw that, she was out of there with no ticket in about 30 seconds... But yeah probably would not have worked on a female cop but hey you never know lol.

As for me, I've gotten 3 or 4 in my life and I'm 31 this week. I usually don't speed but in NJ if you aren't doing 90 in the left lane on the highway you are going to get run off the road... On the backroads though you can get really rung up on points/fines so you have to keep it under 55 in a 45 zone and 60 or under in a 50... Too many places for cops to hide there...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #188
Registered Member
Regular

I forget how lame it is insurance wise when your young. I was so happy when I hit 25 years ago. My insurance, currently full coverage on my 03 mustang, full on my 10 Taurus, and liability on my sister in laws 01 mountaineer for less than 100 a month. I have usaa from my days in the army, no other company has been able to come close to the rates and coverage I get. In fact when I tried getting quotes most companies wouldnt even give me a qoute once they found out I currently have usaa. Progressive out right told me they couldn't compete.

The only exception is bikes. But that's because its common for the young guys in the military to pick up bikes, then crash them. Usaa will insure them, but its expensive because they would rather not deal with it. I got the best deal for my bike through progressive.

My first and only ticket was failure to stop about 15 years ago.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #189
Staff
Regular
Staff

Ya, USAA is the shiznits. Whenever I get a telemarketer call from another insurance company I actually listen to their sell and then when they ask if I have any questions I just go "I have USAA". I either get crickets or "ohhh..." Kinda funny actually when one company is so far and away better.

I actually do want to see what Navy Federal's rates are though, they offer car insurance now and if I go through them that means the rest of my family can too.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #190
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow
Ya, USAA is the shiznits. Whenever I get a telemarketer call from another insurance company I actually listen to their sell and then when they ask if I have any questions I just go "I have USAA". I either get crickets or "ohhh..." Kinda funny actually when one company is so far and away better.

I actually do want to see what Navy Federal's rates are though, they offer car insurance now and if I go through them that means the rest of my family can too.
If only they could match my homeowner's rate. I check every year or so and the closest they have been is double. So I just use the banking and investment services.

I do love when looking at a new (to me) vehicle the salesperson starts in on financing terms and the mere mention of usaa gets a big grin and no more finance talk.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #191
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah not EVERYTHING USAA does is great. They are HORRIBLE for mortgages and their homeowner's isn't the cheapest but for anything auto related and most banking they rock. I've amazed multiple salespeople for used cars when i walk in, look at a car, call my bank and am approved in 15 minutes with money ready to wire.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #192
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
0 tickets, 0 times being pulled over
You will get there young grasshopper lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #193
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Everyone does 80 here, on the daily commute. I got popped for 90. As I said before, I got a lesser charge. The ricers here are like cock roaches. They will pull a mustang before a corolla S doing 90, about to blow.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #194
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Hah, when I was a teenager a girl I hung out with/dated had borderline E cups and got pulled over by a cop who started to chat her up. Well we were both 17 at the time and when the cop finally looked at her license and saw that, she was out of there with no ticket in about 30 seconds... But yeah probably would not have worked on a female cop but hey you never know lol.

As for me, I've gotten 3 or 4 in my life and I'm 31 this week. I usually don't speed but in NJ if you aren't doing 90 in the left lane on the highway you are going to get run off the road... On the backroads though you can get really rung up on points/fines so you have to keep it under 55 in a 45 zone and 60 or under in a 50... Too many places for cops to hide there...
Same here going to the beach. Ross, San Anselmo, Fairfax, San Geronimo, Stinson Beach. Use the cruse control. They will hit you for 3 miles over the limit in these small towns.

In South Carolina in the 80s, open roads. No one in sight on back roads for hours. I wish I could transport my Mustang back.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #195
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT View Post

Same here going to the beach. Ross, San Anselmo, Fairfax, San Geronimo, Stinson Beach. Use the cruse control. They will hit you for 3 miles over the limit in these small towns.

In South Carolina in the 80s, open roads. No one in sight on back roads for hours. I wish I could transport my Mustang back.
I live in Nor Cal too. Your right there is nowhere safe to run , Riding up and down highway 1 is my favorite drive
Old 07-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #196
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Everyone does 80 here, on the daily commute. I got popped for 90. As I said before, I got a lesser charge. The ricers here are like cock roaches. They will pull a mustang before a corolla S doing 90, about to blow.
NJ is like that. If you aren't doing 90 in the left land you are going to get run off the road by some *******. Really have to be going 100 during high volume times for a cop to nail you. We also have the speedtraps you mention. Limit goes from 45 or 55 on a county road to 25 with 0 warning other than the sign and by the time you realize it and slow down the cop that was hiding behind the bush by the sign has his lights on behind you...

One thing that can REALLY help is a military ID though especially driving through a different state. Unless you are being a total *** and going like 50 in a 25 you'll usually get a warning or at least a 0 point $50 ticket.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #197
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

You will get there young grasshopper lol
Hoping that day is when I'm 25

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #198
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Hoping that day is when I'm 25
I have a theory it has something to do with our names
Old 07-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #199
Registered Member
Regular

Going to court tomorrow men. Wish me luck
Old 07-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #200
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
What fer?
Old 07-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #201
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
New ticket or?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #202
Registered Member
Regular

Got my 1st ticket in the stang today, my 3rd overall.was doing 71 in a 55.gona go pay it thursday or try to do defensive driving.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130729_220953.png
Views:	84
Size:	377.3 KB
ID:	121207
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #203
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheelyb09 View Post
Got my 1st ticket in the stang today, my 3rd overall.was doing 71 in a 55.gona go pay it thursday or try to do defensive driving.
Do defensive driving and take it to court. The judge may drop it to a lower charge for insurance and just make you pay the fine. I did that and he dropped it completely and just made me pay the fine. All they want is money lol.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #204
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Do defensive driving and take it to court. The judge may drop it to a lower charge for insurance and just make you pay the fine. I did that and he dropped it completely and just made me pay the fine. All they want is money lol.
Yep. good luck.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #205
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I usually just pay the ticket with no fuss but since this is my third one I don't want my insurance to go up & don't wana go to court.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSleeper View Post

Yep. good luck.
Thanks.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:06 AM   #206
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

New ticket or?
The careless driving one
Old 07-30-2013, 01:10 AM   #207
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The careless driving one
Oh. Good luck, haha.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:01 AM   #208
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanglulu View Post

I live in Nor Cal too. Your right there is nowhere safe to run , Riding up and down highway 1 is my favorite drive
Haha, we just got back from Bodega Bay. Fun drive up and down #1. Lots of windy roads in Marin and Sonoma. More fun further up north. -- cheers!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:12 AM   #209
Registered Member
Regular

Ain't no way I'm bringing my car up there.

Jesus they would crush a car, if you street race.

Hell naw. O.o
Old 08-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #210
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ain't no way I'm bringing my car up there.

Jesus they would crush a car, if you street race.

Hell naw. O.o
We like to keep things slow here in California, it's better for all the stoners out here

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Quote:

Haha, we just got back from Bodega Bay. Fun drive up and down #1. Lots of windy roads in Marin and Sonoma. More fun further up north. -- cheers!
We go to Bodega all the time it's directly west of us! Quick drive, so fun on those roads.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion