Before you ask a question (iphone app) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Before you ask a question (iphone app)

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place but here it goes.

This is for the ME app on the iPhone

A lot of people get irritated because new members ask the same questions that have already been asked multiple times, heck, even older members ask the same questions.

There is a search bar at the very top of the forum everywhere in the app.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2116086370.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	107254

You can search the whole forum with this search bar. Or you can go to a section and search that whole section of the forum. For example, here I'm going to my usual place, the Pre-2005 V6 Mustang forum.

Name:	image-3031445841.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	107259

Then, I go to the top and there is a search bar. This will search the whole Pre-2005 V6 Mustang forum and nothing else. Here I am searching for CAI on the Pre-2005 V6 Mustang forum ONLY

Name:	image-3432828089.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	107260

That will give you results for CAI in the Pre-2005 V6 Mustang only.

You can also go on other sections. For example the SVT section

Name:	image-2625905048.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	107261

Name:	image-3309270480.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	107262

Or you can do a more advance search. Go to the very bottom left where it says "more" here you can do a more specific search like; post, title, user, date, etc.

Name:	image-1923982522.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	107263

Name:	image-715659108.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	280.2 KB
ID:	107264

Name:	image-2082869823.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	107265

Here I searched CAI on the general search setting which is the whole forum.

Hope this helps
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
+1
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

THANK YOU!

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Works for the android app too as well everyone
Old 05-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
You would think this would fall under common sense smh.

But you have now made it beyond idiot proof with awesome instructions ( with pictures 😁).

This should be at the top of every forum like the classifieds post.

Good job and good post.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yes, God forbid someone talks about Mustangs on the Mustang forum...I have search many forums and could not find the answer to my question to only be told "That topic again?" or "How may time's is someone going to ask that"...I personally think it is bull stuff...If you are tired of it don't go on the thread. People come to this site to become informed or ask these very questions. So why don't people do there fellow mustang owners a favor and help them find the information they are looking for instead of belittling them and making them feel unwelcome?
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post
Yes, God forbid someone talks about Mustangs on the Mustang forum...I have search many forums and could not find the answer to my question to only be told "That topic again?" or "How may time's is someone going to ask that"...I personally think it is bull stuff...If you are tired of it don't go on the thread. People come to this site to become informed or ask these very questions. So why don't people do there fellow mustang owners a favor and help them find the information they are looking for instead of belittling them and making them feel unwelcome?
Whatever... The OP needs to be a sticky on every page.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not saying people shouldn't ask, but some people do not know how to use the search feature and that's what gets other forum users irritated. I did this to help users not bash on them.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
If they are new they can go ahead and ask.... But it becomes a PITA when you see 4 different threads on the same exact topic inside of a single day.

HID end all thread
Old 05-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post
I'm not saying people shouldn't ask, but some people do not know how to use the search feature and that's what gets other forum users irritated. I did this to help users not bash on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
If they are new they can go ahead and ask.... But it becomes a PITA when you see 4 different threads on the same exact topic inside of a single day.
I here you, I just get irritated by people on the forum thinking they are better or have special privileges because they have been on the forum for over a year...Most of them are on there first Mustang, some are on there first car that there parents bought them...I have had 4 mustangs over the past 12 years and I just think it is funny that these first timers think they know everything and look down on the people who don't know how to find things on forums...
Old 05-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

i dont see what the big is asking questions that have already been asked. ? this forum is real sensative sometimes

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
i dont see what the big is asking questions that have already been asked. ? this forum is real sensative sometimes
Because some members get irritated when they have to answer the same question so many times in one day. It's easier to say "search bar" than type what you've already typed before.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

but y get irrated ? this forum would be dead if no one asked questions and just relied on old threads wouldnt it?

Low2v
Old 05-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
but y get irrated ? this forum would be dead if no one asked questions and just relied on old threads wouldnt it?
I'd be fine answering the same question every other day... But please don't tell me it isn't an obvious idea that if you have a question and see a thread on the first page about the same question, to look at that before creating a new thread.

HID end all thread
Old 05-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's what I am saying...Just don't answer it, let someone else answer it or post the link to the discussion with the answer... There is now reason to get butt hurt over it.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

That's what I am saying...Just don't answer it, let someone else answer it or post the link to the discussion with the answer... There is now reason to get butt hurt over it.
Oh I'll answer it. I'll make sure they get the information they want. I'm not a dick to people saying to use the search bar. I'll just answer it but feel a little annoyed on the inside. I don't let it get to me that much though.

HID end all thread
Old 05-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Common sense ain't so common. Nuff said.

I agree it is a bit irritating when there are multiple threads on the front page at the same time. but the other side to that is sometimes they just happened to both start the thread at the same time.

Though, if the threads are hours apart, common sense would dictate that "oh, look, they had a question about that too. Wonder if they have an answer yet. No? damn well i'll subscribe to it/come back to it, and see what they get." or "I'll post on here that i have this problem too. maybe it will get answers faster." But there still isn't a need to be a DB to them, its easier just to answer it than to deal with the flak of being a prick.

And if you already answered it? even easier... Ctrl+C...Ctrl+V...done.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
Common sense ain't so common. Nuff said.

I agree it is a bit irritating when there are multiple threads on the front page at the same time. but the other side to that is sometimes they just happened to both start the thread at the same time.

Though, if the threads are hours apart, common sense would dictate that "oh, look, they had a question about that too. Wonder if they have an answer yet. No? damn well i'll subscribe to it/come back to it, and see what they get." or "I'll post on here that i have this problem too. maybe it will get answers faster." But there still isn't a need to be a DB to them, its easier just to answer it than to deal with the flak of being a prick.

And if you already answered it? even easier... Ctrl+C...Ctrl+V...done.
Exactly my point of view.

HID end all thread
Old 05-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

exactly

Low2v

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion