Somebody help please - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
2003SonicBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 210
Somebody help please

For the past few months if I accelerate to 4,000RPM my battery light will come on. Has anyone else experienced this or maybe know what the cause could be? Thanks for the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-423904991.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	456.8 KB
ID:	109369  
2003SonicBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-21-2013, 02:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Make sure you're battery is tightened I had the same problem in my 02 gt on wot the icon would come out as well. And what you showing in the pic?
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
2003SonicBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 210
Nothing just took a picture of my dash and I work at an Auto Parts store and In the past year I replaced my alternator, battery, belt, and both terminals. Still don't know what the problem could be...
2003SonicBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003SonicBlue View Post
Nothing just took a picture of my dash and I work at an Auto Parts store and In the past year I replaced my alternator, battery, belt, and both terminals. Still don't know what the problem could be...
Double check all your connections and make sure they are tight. Check both ends of your ground/black/negative battery cable. If not that go to autozone and have them run a diagnostic, they might be able to tell you what the problem is. I think they will do a diagnostic for free...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post

Double check all your connections and make sure they are tight. Check both ends of your ground/black/negative battery cable. If not that go to autozone and have them run a diagnostic, they might be able to tell you what the problem is. I think they will do a diagnostic for free...
+1
Might just be something as simple as tightening cables, hopefully
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2003SonicBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 210
Like I said I work at an auto parts store. I've ran all the tests from my store that I can. I work at Advance Auto Parts. And I put in batteries every day in customers cars and I know everything is solid and good. It doesn't make sense and nobody knows what the fix is
2003SonicBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003SonicBlue View Post
Like I said I work at an auto parts store. I've ran all the tests from my store that I can. I work at Advance Auto Parts. And I put in batteries every day in customers cars and I know everything is solid and good. It doesn't make sense and nobody knows what the fix is
Well in that case, you may want to check you belts and tensioners...Make sure they are not loose, you could be having belt slip at higher RPM.
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post
Well in that case, you may want to check you belts and tensioners...Make sure they are not loose, you could be having belt slip at higher RPM.
Something else I just thought of...My wife's old Taurus's A/C compressor was going bad and went it got down to the last days I would notice the battery light coming on...it was because it was locking up and causing the belt to slip...Hope this helps...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
2003SonicBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 210
Belt is new as I said and I'm having no slipping.
2003SonicBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2003SonicBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 210
Found out what was wrong, the new alternator i put in was bad
2003SonicBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003SonicBlue View Post
Found out what was wrong, the new alternator i put in was bad
Cool, glad you got it fixed
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:45 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.