Scarred... :( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Scarred... :(

Well, last week for the first time ever, someone keyed my car. Is this something I should expect for having such a beautiful car?

Based on estimates, going to cost me about $500 including a rental car for a couple of day. Very sad/angry about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130513_154018.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	444.3 KB
ID:	109499  
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Jealousy is just human nature sometimes, it happens a lot not to just mustangs but any nice car in general. My brothers truck was keyed all the way around for 5-6 laps, it just happens
Mustang936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Every scratch, dent, spiderweb crack. It hurts, but having someone be such a scumbag that they key it is a whole different story. Hopefully you shouldn't expect this type of behavior. Lets hope it was just a one time deal. Should it happen again though, my services are available. 50 bucks gets you a full time car attendant, lurking in the shadows until i find the sum***** that's been doing it. For an extra $5 i'll hold him down for yah. I don't know nothin' i don't see nothin.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Every scratch, dent, spiderweb crack. It hurts, but having someone be such a scumbag that they key it is a whole different story. Hopefully you shouldn't expect this type of behavior. Lets hope it was just a one time deal. Should it happen again though, my services are available. 50 bucks gets you a full time car attendant, lurking in the shadows until i find the sum***** that's been doing it. For an extra $5 i'll hold him down for yah. I don't know nothin' i don't see nothin.
Aww man ((( I'm sorry to hear that
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Then we all know what comes next...

Mustang936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Heheh - thanks. If I catch the SOB, then I'll pistol-whip them. Thankfully the awesome of the car is slowly making the anger/sadness fade. I'm trying to look at it now that no car remains perfect (unless it stays in the garage).
Old 05-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post
Well, last week for the first time ever, someone keyed my car. Is this something I should expect for having such a beautiful car?
Sad to hear that. I'd be out of my mind if that happened to me. Did you tick an ex-girlfriend off? Usually most keyings are the work of someone you know who was ticked at you.

If you don't mind me asking, where did it happen?
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona View Post
Sad to hear that. I'd be out of my mind if that happened to me. Did you tick an ex-girlfriend off? Usually most keyings are the work of someone you know who was ticked at you.

If you don't mind me asking, where did it happen?

Nope, no mad ex-boyfriends either. I've been married for a few years now and am on good terms with my exes.

It happened at work - and I'm pretty well liked. Still waiting for them to review the security camera footage (but given that they rotate around, they might not have caught the person). I'm actually wondering if it was just some careless moron who got out of their car and accidentally bumped into the car and they had a rivet on their jeans or something they were carrying that did it. What sucks is that last week I didn't get my spot right at the entrance to the parking garage because 4 people went out of town on a trip and parked in those spots so I may have pissed someone else off (or parked near where a careless person parks) taking another premium garage spot. I arrive pretty early when nobody else is there.

Nikki

Nikki
Old 05-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Hey Nikki, hopefully you can get that camera footage. It takes a lot more than a careless jean rivet to scratch a paint job. Did you talk to your insurance company as most of the time the insurance will cover vandalism. I know I bumped my insurance coverage up when I got my Mustang .

btw, love that vanity license plate !!
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Alas, we've had to make a couple of pretty major claims already in the last year due to hailstorms (house and a car) so I'm not even going to try to go through the insurance. It could have also been someone slinging a purse or bag over their shoulders - otherwise it makes no sense unless it was just jealousy. I'll just keep my fingers crossed on the camera footage.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
WoW..... That $ucks Nikki. I'm feeling the pain for you. I look at your pics and that's a beautiful stang.

That is definitely a key scratch. I'm not sure why somebody would do that

I hope you and a Horse with no Name never have this happen again.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you very much.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #13

Region: Hawaii
Sorry to hear that this happened..it really gets my goat when people hate! I went to target here in Oahu two weeks ago. When I came out I looked over my car like I do every time I have to park in a parking lot, and there was this big A$$ dent on my passenger side door. There was a foot print and everything! Cops said they would review security tape.said it was somebody that probably doesn't like military...that's why I have always hated those DOD stickers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3039238202.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	413.3 KB
ID:	109738  
vargas2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

WTF!?!?! That's some serious bull**** there. I hope they find them!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
That's Why I park way out in the back nobody can accidently hit but then there is not witness
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream View Post
That's Why I park way out in the back nobody can accidently hit but then there is not witness
There is usually no witness anyway

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream View Post
Park nearest where camera sees your car
Old 05-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSleeper View Post
Park nearest where camera sees your car
Yeah - since my normal spot was taken that's what i went for but apparently it only caught the front of it.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I guess all I can say is I'm sorry! I know the feeling, we take care of these cars and their not cheap. Some dip****s don't have decency.

Hope everything work out for you
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion