Dodge cant handle the heat? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Dodge cant handle the heat?

So it looks like Dodge might be beefing up the Challengers...Maybe they will be able to keep up with 640HP

Chrysler working supercharged Hellcat Hemi V8 | Fox News

I see a bunch of them running around here, where I live...But they know the deal, and they don't want any part of the Mustangs and Camaros Hell, even the Civics laugh at them
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I probably see twice as many Camaros and Mustangs on the road here in Daytona. Ironic, I rescued my Mustang from a Dodge dealership !
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona View Post
I probably see twice as many Camaros and Mustangs on the road here in Daytona. Ironic, I rescued my Mustang from a Dodge dealership !
Really? Wow, on any average Sunday I will see Challengers 3 to 1 over Mustangs. However, in the last 2 weeks I have noticed a large amount of Mustangs with new paper tags...Chevy lot is FULL of Camaros...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post
Really? Wow, on any average Sunday I will see Challengers 3 to 1 over Mustangs. However, in the last 2 weeks I have noticed a large amount of Mustangs with new paper tags...Chevy lot is FULL of Camaros...
Actually, where I live, I see more Mercedes than anything but it's an older, affluent community. Guess I pay more attention to the Mustangs.

I grew up in the 80's, when classic muscle cars were not so expensive and many high school kids got them as project cars. If you ask me, my fave cars of all time are '67 Mustang, '66 Charger and '69 Firebird even though I drove a '70 Plymouth Barracuda in high school.

The fact that Ford, Dodge and Chevy are offering these muscle cars shows their marketing division realizes a lot of us who grew up on muscle cars, got married, drove grocery getters, riceburners and minivans are now coming back to American performance cars with the kids in college, etc.

I can't slight the Challenger. That's what I went to the Dodge dealership to buy but walked off the lot with my Mustang and $20K in my pocket and no financing.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Actually, where I live, I see more Mercedes than anything but it's an older, affluent community. Guess I pay more attention to the Mustangs.

I grew up in the 80's, when classic muscle cars were not so expensive and many high school kids got them as project cars. If you ask me, my fave cars of all time are '67 Mustang, '66 Charger and '69 Firebird even though I drove a '70 Plymouth Barracuda in high school.

The fact that Ford, Dodge and Chevy are offering these muscle cars shows their marketing division realizes a lot of us who grew up on muscle cars, got married, drove grocery getters, riceburners and minivans are now coming back to American performance cars with the kids in college, etc.

I can't slight the Challenger. That's what I went to the Dodge dealership to buy but walked off the lot with my Mustang and $20K in my pocket and no financing.
Thats cool..My grand father owned a Car lot when my dad was in high school...So my dad had all of the classics...Mostly Corvettes, he is a Vette guy and so am I, but I had to have a back seat and I am just not a fan of camaros, or Government Motors anymore. I have always been a Mustang guy, I have had several over the years...The Coyote is why I cam back...
Old 05-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Where I live challengers out # the rest 20-1, but we used to have a Chrysler plant here. I only seen one other 5.0 here, I had to check the plate, thought it was mine.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Really? I see like 10 stangs a day here. Maybe one challenger a week and about 3 camaros a day.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

They get green slips from retired family, its like 5-7k off. My brother and uncles work for Chrysler, I passed on the green slip, nothing but Ford for me. If I worked there it'd be different, not.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post
Thats cool..My grand father owned a Car lot when my dad was in high school...So my dad had all of the classics...Mostly Corvettes, he is a Vette guy and so am I, but I had to have a back seat and I am just not a fan of camaros, or Government Motors anymore. I have always been a Mustang guy, I have had several over the years...The Coyote is why I cam back...
Ironic, my dad's was 'vette guy also. Uncle owned a body shop. My dad had the 1979 Pace Car, you know, black and silver stingray type. That's the car I learned to drive in. Then he got a 1984 'Vette, new body style when I was in high school. I used to work on cars with my dad and uncle, but got married, got a day job and started buying family cars.Getting this Mustang brings back a lot of good memories since my dad and uncle are long passed away. Also probably the reason I wanted this black+silver Mustang so bad was memories of that Stingray.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Bet you got a lot of experience working on that 84, they were bigger pos than the vega was.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ironic, my dad's was 'vette guy also. Uncle owned a body shop. My dad had the 1979 Pace Car, you know, black and silver stingray type. That's the car I learned to drive in. Then he got a 1984 'Vette, new body style when I was in high school. I used to work on cars with my dad and uncle, but got married, got a day job and started buying family cars.Getting this Mustang brings back a lot of good memories since my dad and uncle are long passed away. Also probably the reason I wanted this black+silver Mustang so bad was memories of that Stingray.
Yeah, he has had every year except the 83-96 models and owns a C5 Vert at the moment...I was going to talk him into a C7, but my mom got cancer and they are dealing with that now, so the car is far from his mind.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion