Top speed? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
RedSleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 417
Top speed?

Was wondering suspension would be the best to get if you're trying for 200mph on a track?

Would it be better to get a advanced suspension that is adjustable? Or it would be fine just as long the suspension is updated with tokico advanced, eibach sway bars?
__________________
Loving the days when you travel down to Mexico to push your car to the limits!
RedSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
You will need a pretty still suspension, don't forget the power needed to go 200mph also, the '13 GT500 was the first stock mustang to reach it, and that has 660hp
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
RedSleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
You will need a pretty still suspension, don't forget the power needed to go 200mph also, the '13 GT500 was the first stock mustang to reach it, and that has 660hp
I didn't forget about power.
I'm doing suspension first, then worry about power. Hah.
__________________
Loving the days when you travel down to Mexico to push your car to the limits!
RedSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSleeper View Post

I didn't forget about power.
I'm doing suspension first, then worry about power. Hah.
Ok, figure out what type of suspension high performance cars have, that should lead you in the right direction. Sorry I'm not much help lol
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
RedSleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Ok, figure out what type of suspension high performance cars have, that should lead you in the right direction. Sorry I'm not much help lol
No problem. I know most of what to do for the power..
Just uncertain on my judgement with the suspension. Ha-
__________________
Loving the days when you travel down to Mexico to push your car to the limits!
RedSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Don't forget the really long road also lol
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
joedelpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 164
Stock V6..... Only 115mph so far...
__________________
POLICE PROTECT AND SERVE THIER WALLETS
joedelpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
crackhutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Europe
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSleeper View Post

I didn't forget about power.
I'm doing suspension first, then worry about power. Hah.
Go for a set of high performance coil overs or some very stiff shocks and struts/dampers (preferrably adjustable). Dont forget control arms, K-Member, anti-roll bars and the all important bump steer kit. If you really want to go 200 mph you're looking at probably at least $7000 in just suspension and drivetrain before you even get to power. Bottom Line, wait a couple years and buy a used Shelby, will be cheaper. Or you can go with my motto and say "This is my car, and I will do with it as I please, no matter the time or cost!" I much prefer a car i took and built over one that was built for me.
crackhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackhutch View Post

Go for a set of high performance coil overs or some very stiff shocks and struts/dampers (preferrably adjustable). Dont forget control arms, K-Member, anti-roll bars and the all important bump steer kit. If you really want to go 200 mph you're looking at probably at least $7000 in just suspension and drivetrain before you even get to power. Bottom Line, wait a couple years and buy a used Shelby, will be cheaper. Or you can go with my motto and say "This is my car, and I will do with it as I please, no matter the time or cost!" I much prefer a car i took and built over one that was built for me.
+1 to this ^
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
86 muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 264
The new shelbys arent even realsiticaly at 200. I dont think that a gt based 197 will hit 200 with out a ton of work. Suspension is going to have to be supercar worthy, along with power.
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
RedSleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 muscle View Post
The new shelbys arent even realsiticaly at 200. I dont think that a gt based 197 will hit 200 with out a ton of work. Suspension is going to have to be supercar worthy, along with power.
I agree.
But you never know. Prob even get 199. Lol..
__________________
Loving the days when you travel down to Mexico to push your car to the limits!
RedSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
I forget who but someone took a 2011 mustang to 200mph on stock suspension. Probably was scary but it can handle it.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
crackhutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Europe
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I forget who but someone took a 2011 mustang to 200mph on stock suspension. Probably was scary but it can handle it.
Im going to need to see proof on this, mainly for how it was geared and what changes he made to the drivetrain.
crackhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
RedSleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackhutch View Post

Im going to need to see proof on this, mainly for how it was geared and what changes he made to the drivetrain.
1+ d:
__________________
Loving the days when you travel down to Mexico to push your car to the limits!
RedSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
I could have sworn it was stock suspension but apparently not based on the way the car sits.

Twin Turbo 5.0 � 206.2 MPH at the Texas Mile – World’s Fastest 5.0 Coyote Mustang GT

twin turbo kit is near 9K and then forging the engine among other supporting mods is about 25-30K.

Hope that is what you are looking to invest in the car.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
My buddy has been trying to hit 200 in his Shelby. He's fairly certain he can do it. Last time he went to the Texas Mile his stability control messed him up, he managed 168 in a half mile but the stability control kicked in and wouldn't let him go faster. It's a stock '12 other than an MGW and a Whipple.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
My buddy has been trying to hit 200 in his Shelby. He's fairly certain he can do it. Last time he went to the Texas Mile his stability control messed him up, he managed 168 in a half mile but the stability control kicked in and wouldn't let him go faster. It's a stock '12 other than an MGW and a Whipple.
Lol....do you realize how hard it was for the 2013 Shelby to hit 200? They do it and struggle. Your buddy has got a bunch more work to do to hit 200. Lol.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Lol....do you realize how hard it was for the 2013 Shelby to hit 200? They do it and struggle. Your buddy has got a bunch more work to do to hit 200. Lol.
I know, that's just his personal goal.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
RedSleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I could have sworn it was stock suspension but apparently not based on the way the car sits.

Twin Turbo 5.0 � 206.2 MPH at the Texas Mile – World’s Fastest 5.0 Coyote Mustang GT

twin turbo kit is near 9K and then forging the engine among other supporting mods is about 25-30K.

Hope that is what you are looking to invest in the car.
Explains much better!
Now it makes sense (;
I was like, wtf a 5.0 can go 200mph on stock engine or what...??

Thanks for clearing that up!
__________________
Loving the days when you travel down to Mexico to push your car to the limits!
RedSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSleeper View Post

Explains much better!
Now it makes sense (;
I was like, wtf a 5.0 can go 200mph on stock engine or what...??

Thanks for clearing that up!
Oh I never meant to imply it was a stock engine. That thing was built to hell and back.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013mustang5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cream ridge
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 461
Well I did 140 today with my bone stock 13 gt track pack so that's a start.... Look at the gt500 200mph from the factory that's sick
__________________
2013 mustang 5.0 track pack(first mustang)
2013mustang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:44 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
RedSleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
Well I did 140 today with my bone stock 13 gt track pack so that's a start.... Look at the gt500 200mph from the factory that's sick
'13 5.0 can do much more.
__________________
Loving the days when you travel down to Mexico to push your car to the limits!
RedSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013mustang5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cream ridge
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSleeper View Post

'13 5.0 can do much more.
Yeah I wouldn't doubt it I was in 5th to
__________________
2013 mustang 5.0 track pack(first mustang)
2013mustang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:14 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.