Salvage titles - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Salvage titles

I am clueless about the subject. Any harder to get insurance for one? A friend of mine rebuilt a 99 stage 2 roush but it has a salvage title..... Just trying to see what I'm getting into before I buy....

Thanks for the help guys! (And gals!!!!)

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Mods, for some reason the thread was duplicated.... Sorry
BorlaGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Um I'm not sure about the insurance they can be a good buy, and they're fixed pretty good usually. I personally wouldn't buy one that's just me though.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Salvaged titles means that you basically are driving a totaled car but since it's repaired n it has been totaled before the buying price n sell price would be very low theirs a 07 gt blacker out salvage title costing only 4 grand so yeah
Mflores14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Deja vue
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Bought my 99 cobra in 2011 with 108xxx on it with a rebuilt title. Car was nice really didn't check it over good. I traded my 99 v6 that I paid around 3k for and gave 5500 cash to buy this one. Turns out my electric green v6 I traded for my yellow cobra turned out to be electric green as well lol. Both cars never gave me any problems and they had rebuilt titles. Later figured out someone hit a tree. Car drives straight and only thing I had to do was change trans in it because guys wife was learning how to drive stick and ended up hating it. So basically even though both my rebuilt title cars were totaled someone fixed them right because they drove perfect and I loved them both. I have insurance on it through shelter no problem. Only thing that hurts it is people dont want to buy rebuilt titles. But what doesn't make sense to me is that people buy older restored mustangs that probably have seen worse than most "totaled cars".
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #6
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
My Cobra had a salvaged title and I would never do it again. It's a huge turn off for buyers. It took me 6 months to sell it and it went straight to Mexico where I'm sure he got double what he paid me. Don't get me wrong the car looked great,ran strong,sounded mean as **** and I got tons of compliments on how clean it was but I would never do it again because of the resale issues.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
My Cobra had a salvaged title and I would never do it again. It's a huge turn off for buyers. It took me 6 months to sell it and it went straight to Mexico where I'm sure he got double what he paid me. Don't get me wrong the car looked great,ran strong,sounded mean as **** and I got tons of compliments on how clean it was but I would never do it again because of the resale issues.
True as hell!! I have offers of 6k but is like at least 7 for it. I just can't seem to get it. Rebuilt titles are VERY HARD to sell.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I bought a salvage. Yeah. A rearender. The engine and unibody was unaffected. Everything was fine except the back. I turned that ugly duckling to a thing of beauty. I look at it this way. I adopted a mustang saved it from being stripped apart for parts. Becoming a crushed metal cube. I'm never selling. It's like family.
Sakol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post

True as hell!! I have offers of 6k but is like at least 7 for it. I just can't seem to get it. Rebuilt titles are VERY HARD to sell.
Your telling me your car was totaled because of this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2408987943.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	110460  
Old 05-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I know people that can fix this all day. I don't see how that damage is more than the worth of the car. I think insurance company's like to go a little heavy with labeling everything wrecked as totaled. What about full on restoration jobs they do on older cars. If you ask me I'd rather buy a newer mustang that's been rebuilt than an older one that's been restored from metal eating rust.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #11
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
We have had multiple salavage titles.. The biggest thing is to know the damage that was done.. Just like my 99 all of the damage was cosmetic but it was about 9k in damage so I didn't have the money to buy it back and fix it
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-631336703.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	110471   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-596308403.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	110472  

2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post

Your telling me your car was totaled because of this?
I won this mustang from online auction site erepairables.com. My highest bid was $7000. Won bid at $6600. There's deals if you can find it...and there's pitfalls. Buyer beware. Do your research.
Sakol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I love my cobra but hate the resale value. I'm sure there was an extent of damage done when my car nailed a tree but I don't think it was too bad because someone fixed it. I wrecked my gfs 2004 gt and tore the entire bumper off and bent exhaust and ford placed said 3k to fix it. Found out I dd t have liability on it so I took it to this one guy with a bumper and 200 bucks and it looks brand new. Get this went through a cleaner in same car before I wrecked and some paint came off so took it to insurance ad another 3.5k I had comprehensive so that fixed it ad took it to guy who fixed bumper and he painted it for 400.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3562169547.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	634.4 KB
ID:	110512  
Old 05-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Your looking at 2687 dollars worth of damage... They wanted to total my fox... I told them to go f*** themselves.

Long story short,
It's getting fixed and I'm driving around a new 5.0 as a rental!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1911081756.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	512.4 KB
ID:	110523   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2024619657.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	488.2 KB
ID:	110524  

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion