Ford Extended Warranty - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #1

Region: Canada
I am picking up my new to me 2007 V6 coupe from the dealership tomorrow morning. Very excited.

I let them talk me into the Premium Extended Warranty from Ford ("ESP"). Now I kind of regret that decision on my part.

Or did I do a good thing? I only agreed to it because it is a Ford warranty and not third party, and is valid in Canada and US.

Can anyone here who purchased this kind of warranty chime in with their comments?

Thanks.
bwv565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwv565 View Post
I am picking up my new to me 2007 V6 coupe from the dealership. Very excited.

I let them talk me into the Premium Extended Warranty from Ford ("ESP"). Now I kind of regret that decision on my part.

Or did I do a good thing? I only agreed to it because it is a Ford warranty and not third party, and is valid in Canada and US.

Can anyone here who purchased this kind of warranty chime in with their comments?

Thanks.
I got it with my 14. Obviously i am nowhere near 100k yet, but its nice for me to have a little bit more piece of mind because with as much as i drive, i would have blown threw the 36k warranty in no time. The only question i have is if im going to be able to wait until 100k to do any serious modding. The good part about that warranty though, is that it is refundable. So you get reimbursement for the coverage you have remaining.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I've been debating on refunding mine as I long since voided my warranty. I think the dealership I live near will cover me best they can though (along with knowing a service manager at another dealer), which is the only reason I haven't refunded it. If none of the dealerships were mod friendly I would have returned it forever ago.

one of those age old debates. Do I buy the warranty on the tv, do I buy it on the laptop, do I buy it on the car.

Currently sitting with a brand new macbook pro because my last one got dropped and a brand new TV because the old one had burn in. So who knows!?!?! lol.
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I've been debating on refunding mine as I long since voided my warranty. I think the dealership I live near will cover me best they can though (along with knowing a service manager at another dealer), which is the only reason I haven't refunded it. If none of the dealerships were mod friendly I would have returned it forever ago.

one of those age old debates. Do I buy the warranty on the tv, do I buy it on the laptop, do I buy it on the car.

Currently sitting with a brand new macbook pro because my last one got dropped and a brand new TV because the old one had burn in. So who knows!?!?! lol.
Its so hit or miss man. Im with you there. I got stuck buying a brand new Samsung GS3 after dropping it off a pier on vacation last year. Thats the thing about warrenties, 9 times outta 10 you will never use it, but that 10th time could KILL the wallet lol.

Ill probably end up keeping mine. Even though I've already voided the suspension aspect, and its only a matter of time before i give in and get a tune, atleast the trans will still be covered. And to me its worth it, since we all know what a PITA the MT82 can be.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion