Best mod? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Best mod?

Is the driver mod! My brother and I have almost identical cars, before my cai and tune, so we set out to race to see who would win. This took place at a track, my buddy owns our local 1/4 mile strip and held a test day, no lights or timing system. 3 honks and go.

We got 5 runs each, I won the first three in a row, 30 minutes cool down between each run, my bro thought my car had a mod or was faster out the factory, built and bought a matter of days apart mine being newer! But on the 4th run I said let's switch cars and see, well I won the next two.

The point is, the driver mod is the single best mod you can do. These were hardly close races he shifts extremely slow and dumps the clutch. I treat her like the fine woman she is, slow and easy to start, the pound through the gears like a man on a mission! I spent the better part of the next evening teaching him how to properly drive a stang! He thinks he'll win next go around but he won't! Lol!

Moral of the story, LEARN TO DRIVE!
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 muscle View Post
Is the driver mod! My brother and I have almost identical cars, before my cai and tune, so we set out to race to see who would win. This took place at a track, my buddy owns our local 1/4 mile strip and held a test day, no lights or timing system. 3 honks and go.

We got 5 runs each, I won the first three in a row, 30 minutes cool down between each run, my bro thought my car had a mod or was faster out the factory, built and bought a matter of days apart mine being newer! But on the 4th run I said let's switch cars and see, well I won the next two.

The point is, the driver mod is the single best mod you can do. These were hardly close races he shifts extremely slow and dumps the clutch. I treat her like the fine woman she is, slow and easy to start, the pound through the gears like a man on a mission! I spent the better part of the next evening teaching him how to properly drive a stang! He thinks he'll win next go around but he won't! Lol!

Most pointless thread I've ever read .
Old 05-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

this is gonna end up here anyway, so, you can always just buy an Auto too!
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
It is. But it's always fun to beat an older sibling!

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

this is gonna end up here anyway, so, you can always just buy an Auto too!
This will get a lot of hate, but, I actually like to enjoy my car and drive. I like the control. You just can't get the same feel from an Auto.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

It is. But it's always fun to beat an older sibling!

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

This will get a lot of hate, but, I actually like to enjoy my car and drive. I like the control. You just can't get the same feel from an Auto.
Auto vs manual = who gives a *****
Old 05-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post
Actually, plastic dip threads are.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I had something happen just like this. Raced a guy at the track in a 2011 5.0, Boss 302 Intake, ProDyno tuned, CAI, Magnaflow Comp. cat-back. beat him by a hair...
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

We have a guy out here with a blown 5.0 pushing 700 hp but he gets beat by pullied and tuned 04 cobras, or light bolt on yotes. That dude gets pissed when he doesn't win he plays the dyno game though
Old 05-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We have a guy out here with a blown 5.0 pushing 700 hp but he gets beat by pullied and tuned 04 cobras, or light bolt on yotes. That dude gets pissed when he doesn't win he plays the dyno game though
did he do anything with his suspension? A bolt on coyote with suspension mods and good rims and tires will probably beat a fully stock suspension'd blown 5.0 regardless of the drivers.

You can have all the power in the world but without traction doesn't mean anything...
Old 05-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
03 and 04 cobras are really hard to beat... I think its how the tranny is geared so different, at least that's what I've heard.
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

did he do anything with his suspension? A bolt on coyote with suspension mods and good rims and tires will probably beat a fully stock suspension'd blown 5.0 regardless of the drivers.

You can have all the power in the world but without traction doesn't mean anything...
Agree, I seen a shelby run 15s, the guy finally got it down to 12.7 on his 5th run. He even had nitto Drs.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
OP, I agree - driver mod is the best mod you can make. It's also the only mod that easily transfers from one car to another.

Autos take most of the guesswork out of a dragstrip, but I'll have a manual any day of the week for track work or daily driving.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Agree, I seen a shelby run 15s, the guy finally got it down to 12.7 on his 5th run. He even had nitto Drs.
In that case since he got better runs ya never know if he is still learning. I've done plenty of launching off the line at red lights for practice, but from what I hear it still is nothing like the drag strip. Just kinda gets ya an idea of what is to come.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

In that case since he got better runs ya never know if he is still learning. I've done plenty of launching off the line at red lights for practice, but from what I hear it still is nothing like the drag strip. Just kinda gets ya an idea of what is to come.
Ya the only street experience that transfers to the track is power shifting. Launching will even vary from track to track. Tracks grip so much, that it bogs the motor with Drs, where as on the street you'll spin a little and haul ***. Don't get me wrong, practicing on the street helps, but it's no where near the same.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

The guy was definitely learning. I told him to launch like he was leaving a light on his beat run. The car had another good sec in it.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I never judge people based on there first 3 or 4 runs half of them are timid still. He did have lcas and drs but that's it. Those termis are beyond amazing still.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #16
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Moved to general mustang discussion

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion