Theoretical drag race - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
86 muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 264
Theoretical drag race

Excluding the modern gt 500s (07-14) if you lined up a mustang from every generation, which would win? Could a boss 429 beat a new 5.0? I think it's clear the new boss 302 would win so maybe exclude that as well. Could any Mustang in the history of Mustangs best the yote??
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Boss 429's bone stock with just slicks have ran a 12.3 @ 112mph in the 1/4. A modern Boss with slicks and a great driver can see that. Some have seen 11's on bone stock coyotes with slicks and skinnies. It's rare but it has happened. It would be one hell of a race between the two of those cars. I'd pay to see it.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
Boss 429's bone stock with just slicks have ran a 12.3 @ 112mph in the 1/4. A modern Boss with slicks and a great driver can see that. Some have seen 11's on bone stock coyotes with slicks and skinnies. It's rare but it has happened. It would be one hell of a race between the two of those cars. I'd pay to see it.
+100000000
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
86 muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
Boss 429's bone stock with just slicks have ran a 12.3 @ 112mph in the 1/4. A modern Boss with slicks and a great driver can see that. Some have seen 11's on bone stock coyotes with slicks and skinnies. It's rare but it has happened. It would be one hell of a race between the two of those cars. I'd pay to see it.
See I've heard both of those rumors, which is why I asked. They say the 429 was perhaps the most under-rated motor produced. Some people say over 600 hp...insane. Is there any mustang, shelby, saleen, rousch, that can keep up?
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Termi's
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
What about the 428 cobra jet. Or maybe a cobra r?
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Theoretically all stock or modified?

Termi's with an upgraded supercharger all day if not stock imo
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Theoretically all stock or modified?

Termi's with an upgraded supercharger all day if not stock imo
I think he means stock for stock. I mean you could modify the hell out of a fox 4 banger to beat the 5.0.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I think the '13 GT500 would win.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Lol excluding the gt500s. They're to beastly
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
86 muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 264
As they rolled off of the line. Zero mods. I think we all know that the gt 500 from any year would win, as would the boss, which is why we exclude those. Any other mustang produced though, is up for the race.
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 muscle View Post
Excluding the modern gt 500s (07-14) if you lined up a mustang from every generation, which would win? Could a boss 429 beat a new 5.0? I think it's clear the new boss 302 would win so maybe exclude that as well. Could any Mustang in the history of Mustangs best the yote??
I would say no!.. Put the exact same driver in every year make and model Mustang, and the new 5.0 will come out on top!.. (This is excluding all GT500s) But that is what we call progress, the newer car will always outperform the older. Or it should at least in theory!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
86 muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

I would say no!.. Put the exact same driver in every year make and model Mustang, and the new 5.0 will come out on top!.. (This is excluding all GT500s) But that is what we call progress, the newer car will always outperform the older. Or it should at least in theory!...
Exactly. It SHOULD, but it doesn't always work that way. Equal driver in equal conditions, I'd love to see a boss 429, which is arguably the best stang up till the termis, go against a new yote.
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 muscle View Post

Exactly. It SHOULD, but it doesn't always work that way. Equal driver in equal conditions, I'd love to see a boss 429, which is arguably the best stang up till the termis, go against a new yote.
I'd love so much to own a 1969 boss 429. I just don't have remotely that kind of money.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
...the 03/04 cobra is faster than most of the GT500 series up until the Trinity motor series.

03/04 Cobra in a stock race.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
86 muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
...the 03/04 cobra is faster than most of the GT500 series up until the Trinity motor series.

03/04 Cobra in a stock race.
So you are saying stock terminator over stock coyote?
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 muscle View Post

So you are saying stock terminator over stock coyote?
The termi would win.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Duh why do you think i bought a tshirt with one on it? lol
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
86 muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 264
Ive yet to race an 03-04 cobra with my 5.0 but i look forward to it. I know there extreme with very few mods, but so are the 5.0s. I think that would be that two cars that would be in front.
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
A new 5.0 vs Terminator (both being stock) would be a close race. But I would still give the win to the 5.0. But that would be in a drag race, seeing as the exact type of racing wasn't mentioned (and the fact that I do like to stir up things from time time), corner carving I would say the Terminator would have it.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
redbeast0712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
A new 5.0 vs Terminator (both being stock) would be a close race. But I would still give the win to the 5.0. But that would be in a drag race, seeing as the exact type of racing wasn't mentioned (and the fact that I do like to stir up things from time time), corner carving I would say the Terminator would have it.
Here is a race I saw on you tube with a 2012 5.0 vs 2004 cobra. The 5.0 is stock and terminator has some bolt ons.

redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post

Here is a race I saw on you tube with a 2012 5.0 vs 2004 cobra. The 5.0 is stock and terminator has some bolt ons.

It would be interesting if they switched drivers. I get the feeling one driver is a bit better, and more consistent than the other. Still a good vid, and it does help with my earlier prediction.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
DustyStang306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Belleville On
Region: Canada
Posts: 342
Haha I'd take a fox body with mods over any 03/04 cobra or gt500 iv been in both the gt500 an a 03 cobra with a kenne bell but nothing beats a turbo fox haha and when you look at it in the long run it's alot cheaper to make a fox run 10s then the new 5.0s an gt500 or 03/04 cobra but that's just me I love my fox body's haha there just so light can have 450rwhp an beat on a cobra with 500 or 575 rwhp just because of the weight difference
DustyStang306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Terminators are amazing and beautiful cars. Id love a new 5.0 and a termi. I plan on having both in the future
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
86 muscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyStang306 View Post
Haha I'd take a fox body with mods over any 03/04 cobra or gt500 iv been in both the gt500 an a 03 cobra with a kenne bell but nothing beats a turbo fox haha and when you look at it in the long run it's alot cheaper to make a fox run 10s then the new 5.0s an gt500 or 03/04 cobra but that's just me I love my fox body's haha there just so light can have 450rwhp an beat on a cobra with 500 or 575 rwhp just because of the weight difference
But we're talking stock, for stock. I love my fox as well, but these new cars rear view can't see how far behind a stock fox is.
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
DustyStang306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Belleville On
Region: Canada
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 muscle

But we're talking stock, for stock. I love my fox as well, but these new cars rear view can't see how far behind a stock fox is.
Haha ye but how many people have a stock fox? Lol there are some but the fox is the most done up cars by backyard mechanics in the world haha and where talking about 25,000 to 30,000 dollars cheaper lol but I still do love the new 5.0s just thought they would have been a little faster when I first drive a stock auto never drove the standard yet
DustyStang306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:24 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.