370z or Mustang GT? Need help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via MSN to dudeitsdylan
370z or Mustang GT? Need help!

I'm gonna be getting a new car in a few months because I just got a full time job and I have no other bills besides my car payment. I can't decide between a used 370z touring+sport+nav it would have to have all those options or I wouldn't want it. Other option is a new 13/14 mustang gt premium. This will probably be a 18th birthday present to myself. I keep going back and forth between both. I love the looks of the 370z with the amuse kit on it, but I love the engine and sound of the 5.0. I just get a little tired of seeing so many mustangs, but at this point I'm a little obsessed with them, lol. Can you guys give me your opinions on what you think? I'm stuck right now. Thanks.
dudeitsdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Youre in a mustang forum youre not gonna get any real answers my friend.. As of me il go with the 5.0.. Again im bias.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Youre in a mustang forum youre not gonna get any real answers my friend.. As of me il go with the 5.0.. Again im bias.
Yeah, I pretty much figured that. I just thought it would be good to hear others opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
+100, everyone is going to say the mustang. But I'm not biased

I sat in a 370 before and they are just too cramped for me. They are also known to be slower than the GTs, that is a fact.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Faster, more room, muscle =gt

Tuner, smaller, better handling, still kinda fast= 370z

I think you get more for your money with the stang imo
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Just sold my 370 for an 11gt. 370 was much more nimble. Had enough power on tap. Suspicion was awesome. Real feeling of connection to the road. Also, say what you want about the aftermarket exhaust available for the gt, the 370 had a snarl that really permeated the cabin. Fun as hell to drive. Great sporty seats that really hug you. That being said, there was also a ton or road noise that could get old on long trips.
Mustang....tons of power, even in stock form, can really put you back in your seat. Compared the the 370 thought, almost drives like a Cadillac. You almost sit on it, rather than in it. Good visibility, but far from a sports car seating position. Super soft suspension, not a ton of connection with the road. Very quiet, also Plenty of aftermarket stuff available. You can make it as loud and fast as you like. Play with the suspension a little, and it will feel a little more like a sports car and a little less like a muscle car. Truly enjoyed both. Both are good at what they do, just a little different flavor.
Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Suspension....not suspicion. Damn you, Siri.
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I am a car enthusiast and have many cars.
I like both of them and they both have great assets, however, I think the Mustang
is more mod friendly and much more bang for your buck.
Plus a nice exhaust can make it so much more fun to drive
MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Tuner or muscle is pretty much the choices.

Both good fast cars
Old 06-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Those 370's have good handling out of the box since their low and weight less. I believe the insurance will also be higher since its a 2 seater. You said you were going to be 18 so it's going to be preety high unless it would be under you're parents name
Old 06-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I say Mustang because of the two extra girls you can drive around in the back
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Little off topic but I don't see why a 18yr old kid wants a 5/6 hundred dollar car payment and a ridiculous insurance payment on top of that. Do you really want to be a slave to a car and live outside your means? You are 18.....take your time and do it the right way so you can enjoy it and don't have to eat ramen noodles every night and risk screwing up your credit.

But if you make that choice......I would go for most bang for the buck with the Mustang.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I doubt he's paying for it. At least his name won't be the only one on the loan. (not trying to insult anyone, but no 18 year old kid cant afford a 370z unless he sells drugs or has rich parents. Either way, you didn't WORK for it) That being said, I would go with the 370z... but 300zx's are my favorite car so I'm biased (I prefer tuners)
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

If I got a mustang I'd take out the backseats anyways. As for insurance I will still be on my parents policy. My parents said they will pay for insurance but if its too much I just have to help out. I start Monday working 40 hours a week @ $10 an hour so I don't see why I can't afford a mid to high 20's car if its financed. I wouldn't be getting insane payments either, I wouldn't get a car any higher than my payments are now ($450). I still live at home so this is my only bill. My college is paid for right now with grants and scholarships so that's not an issue. I've been thinking about this for a while. If you think I'm doing this without thinking it through at all you're wrong. I've talked it over with my parents and everything. Thanks everyone who is giving me opinions about both. It's really making me lean towards the mustang more so keep then coming.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Also, didn't mean to sound like an ***hole in the last post. Just saying if that's what I came off as.

And if you are going to post a comment saying something like an 18 year old doesn't need either of those cars, then please don't comment. I feel like these types of comments might be coming soon, so just throwing that out there, lol.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
What's wrong with the mustang you have now. Pay it off and drive it and continue to modify it. Good luck finding a 370z with all the extras for under 30k or even a 13/14 gt premium for less than 30k. U have a good looking car now Id just keep it.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
What's wrong with the mustang you have now. Pay it off and drive it and continue to modify it. Good luck finding a 370z with all the extras for under 30k or even a 13/14 gt premium for less than 30k. U have a good looking car now Id just keep it.
My mom needs a car so is going to take over the payments on mine. As for finding a car under 30k I've found 370z just like I want for 25-28k you just have to wait and look everyday. As for mustangs, there are sooooo many around my area for 29k right now with premium and everything.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Youre 18 and can afford a new Mustang GT or a 370z!?!?! Get out!

Just kidding! I drove a 370z and I absolutely loved it! They are very fun cars and look amazing. Very very nimble and the traction control works very well. If I didnt have a passion for Mustangs and if I wasnt so cheap I probably would have bought the 370Z I drove. Its actually a very tough choice for me. I will probably own one eventually...
crackhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

What is your budget? Are you looking to buy new or used….13/14 GT are not cheap. I got a 12, because of the deal or I would have a 13 right now. I love my car, but now I am wishing I would have waited a few months and saved a few more thousand $$ and got a nice used Cobra instead. However, I love my car and enjoy every minute of driving it and I can tell you from experience that the 370z cannot hold a candle to the 13/14 GT.
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post
What is your budget? Are you looking to buy new or used….13/14 GT are not cheap. I got a 12, because of the deal or I would have a 13 right now. I love my car, but now I am wishing I would have waited a few months and saved a few more thousand $$ and got a nice used Cobra instead. However, I love my car and enjoy every minute of driving it and I can tell you from experience that the 370z cannot hold a candle to the 13/14 GT.
I would like to stay under $30k definitely not much more than that if I have to go higher. Also, it would be new for a mustang and used for a 370z.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Then why not get a new car that you know hasnt been abused. A lot of performance cars are abused
Old 06-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitsdylan View Post
I would like to stay under $30k definitely not much more than that if I have to go higher. Also, it would be new for a mustang and used for a 370z.
You might be able to find a new 13 somewhere...If you get a 14 for under thirty it won't have ANYTHING in it options wise. I recommend shopping around on the internet. autotrader.com you can find exactly what you're looking for. I would not recommend the Z but that is just me. If you want one don't let anyone tell you what you like, get what makes you happy. Don't let a dealer pressure you into buying anything either...they made millions of both the Mustang and Z so you will not have a problem finding one, just trouble finding "THE ONE". Good luck
Old 06-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You might be able to find a new 13 somewhere...If you get a 14 for under thirty it won't have ANYTHING in it options wise. I recommend shopping around on the internet. autotrader.com you can find exactly what you're looking for. I would not recommend the Z but that is just me. If you want one don't let anyone tell you what you like, get what makes you happy. Don't let a dealer pressure you into buying anything either...they made millions of both the Mustang and Z so you will not have a problem finding one, just trouble finding "THE ONE". Good luck
Thanks dude!

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Then why not get a new car that you know hasnt been abused. A lot of performance cars are abused
That's another reason I'm leaning towards the mustang, but every time I see an amuse 370z I drool a bit and it makes me rethink my decision. :/
Old 06-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I love tuners and muscle, depends what mood im in but luckily i get to drive my stang or a 450+hp evo as well.
Depends what your interest are. Both are good cars and you'll enjoy both. But id get the stang. I feel you get more power for the money you spend than the 370.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I almost forgot...My boy here on the forum "jaredGTneelley" is a Mechanic for Swell Infinity in north Houston. He said "I like the Z's but, Nissans are POS, they leak oil really bad and they are always in the shop." This is what he said, and he works on them for a living...Just and FYI. Of course, you can go to a Ford Dealer and find a mechanic to say the same thing about Fords...LOL Take it how you want, Just putting that out there.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I drove the z first was dead set on getting it. The wife told me to at least look at the new mustangs. After hearing the growl of that v8 and feeling the power and knowing that I could add more,I was sold. Didn't even make it a quarter mile down the road. Went back took home my 5.0.
mknlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Wth why all these dumb questions lol this is a mustang forum if you get a 370 I look forward to blowing past you on the street good luck op
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Get an 04 termi!!

Insurance and payment won't be near as much and unbelievably fast cars and you can't beat the sound of a supercharged 4v
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangerBanger04 View Post
Get an 04 termi!!

Insurance and payment won't be near as much and unbelievably fast cars and you can't beat the sound of a supercharged 4v
+100000000

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:49 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Wth why all these dumb questions lol this is a mustang forum if you get a 370 I look forward to blowing past you on the street good luck op
Good luck matching him on a road course or drifting or autocross
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I love Nissan and saw a sick 370Z tonight on the road but F*CK THAT SH*T MUSTANGS ALL THE WAY!

Obviously biased, ha.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:31 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I almost forgot...My boy here on the forum "jaredGTneelley" is a Mechanic for Swell Infinity in north Houston. He said "I like the Z's but, Nissans are POS, they leak oil really bad and they are always in the shop." This is what he said, and he works on them for a living...Just and FYI. Of course, you can go to a Ford Dealer and find a mechanic to say the same thing about Fords...LOL Take it how you want, Just putting that out there.
Put 90k on my 370....never spend a dollar on it that wasn't routine.
Kona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:33 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

My friends nissan 350z that he's had since 07 has been the most reliable our of all out cars. He just does maintanence.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Appearenyly Vaughn's drift car is so terrible o right it's a mustang and if I remember he's pretty damn good lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah people gave me ***** all the time about driving a 2010 GT when they first came out and I paid for it myself at 16. And paid half on insurance.
I worked for lack land AFB and got paid $719 every two weeks so payments were fine with me.
Then after having to leave the job and get rid of the GT I now own a 2000 v6 lol but I still love my sixxer.
Ill have a new GT in the near future^.^
But yes they're both great cars!
I loved the way the 370 felt. Sitting in it felt great. Having the seat hug you the way it does and the smoothness of the car and quick throttle response. But the new mustang feels so much faster. And nicer. Love the feeling and sound of torque and muscle. But I need rear seats.. So no way I could get a 370 either way.
Xaperez100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitsdylan View Post
I'm gonna be getting a new car in a few months because I just got a full time job and I have no other bills besides my car payment. I can't decide between a used 370z touring+sport+nav it would have to have all those options or I wouldn't want it. Other option is a new 13/14 mustang gt premium. This will probably be a 18th birthday present to myself. I keep going back and forth between both. I love the looks of the 370z with the amuse kit on it, but I love the engine and sound of the 5.0. I just get a little tired of seeing so many mustangs, but at this point I'm a little obsessed with them, lol. Can you guys give me your opinions on what you think? I'm stuck right now. Thanks.
I was looking at 370s when I bought my Mustang. I liked the additional headroom in the Mustangs and the fact that I got my dad's employee discount really steered me to finally buy the Mustang. The NISMO (while beautiful and fun to drive) was too stripped out for a daily driver for me and the Mustang just felt more fun to drive and given that a loaded 370Z would have cost me about $10K more made me feel solid in my decision to get my GT.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion