Pros & Cons of GT - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
I want a new 5.0 now. Wanna trade? :p
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackbeast12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New castle
Region: Delaware
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
I want a new 5.0 now. Wanna trade? :p
Actually I traded a 2004 gt in on my 2012 it was a clean car!
To answer your question aaaa no! ...lol
__________________
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post

Oh i forgot to say thats on street tires... Not slicks so he can run mid to high 11's on slicks
I've seen 20+ 5.0s run 11s on slicks with minor bolt ons
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #74
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Lol forged motor- $3000-5000, super charger- $5000, 2013 v6 mustang- $27000. So $35000k not including labor or instillation on the motor and supercharger and you get 12s all day?

2013 5.0 mustang- $32000, custom tuner and tune-$400... 12s all day haha. So lets say we wanna share the $35k bill. $35000-32400 is $2600. Boss Mani and cold air intake-$1000, drag radials for stock wheels-$500, lower control arms-$200... I'll stop there at 11s all day. Save the other $900 for taking the wife out to dinner and get some appearance mods.
Got to realize some of us hear love having a fast v6.. David has a 4.2 v6 that could take some Gts easy I could go out and buy a 12 second car... But I'd rather build one..
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #75
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I had the same decision to make before, a newer v6 or an older GT... I picked the Gt because I just couldn't give up the sound of a V8
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

No one offended here boss. If you don't like a mustang 6er, then don't buy one. I have an 11 V6 about 3500k in mods and I'm running 0-60 in around 4.6 to 4.7 consistent. That's plenty fast for me yo.

I love the V8 but not everybody needs or wants that type of power for the 7k more. It depends on what ones wants are and there goal in the vehicle. I like being the little sixer that the other big V8 musscle cars underestimate and then keep right with them even if they edge me out barley.

Having said that. The 5.0 is awesome . If I didn't currently own my 11 v6 and given my current financial position today and mustang knowledge, I would buy the 5.0. Either way I love my v6 and have NO intension in trading it up to the V8.
Couldn't have put it better myself!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
I have a 5.0, and it runs 5's all day. It way better than any your mustangs.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post

Got to realize some of us hear love having a fast v6.. David has a 4.2 v6 that could take some Gts easy I could go out and buy a 12 second car... But I'd rather build one..
I respect that, but arguing that cost is an issue is where I differ. To make a v6 keep up with a v8, (especially a 5.0) takes serious modifications to not only the car, but the engine, Trans, and suspension. I also prefer to build an easy 10 second car myself so I start with the 12 second one. 5.0s can break single digits with superchargers, big tires, and a diet. A v6 mustang would no longer resemble what it was as it came from the factory once it became a sub 10 second ride.

I'm not accusing every v6 owner of this, but I know of v6 mustang owners that feel like they should have bought a GT. So instead of accepting the mistake, they try to convince themselves of valid reasoning for getting the v6 (cost, gas mileage, comparable performance) so that they feel better about it. Then they come into threads with angry v8 owners (because of all the "what CAI should i get" threads) and want to throw their weight around. In reality, personal preference prevails. I prefer performance, panty dropping sound, and knowing every time I put my foot into the floor I'm going to have to hold on for my life... So I got a 5.0. V6 owners have their reasons like I stated earlier. The only con I believe in with my 5.0 is that the highest speed limit around is 70mph.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post

Got to realize some of us hear love having a fast v6.. David has a 4.2 v6 that could take some Gts easy I could go out and buy a 12 second car... But I'd rather build one..
+1
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
I have a 5.0, and it runs 5's all day. It way better than any your mustangs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1367033047.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	112970  
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #81
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

I respect that, but arguing that cost is an issue is where I differ. To make a v6 keep up with a v8, (especially a 5.0) takes serious modifications to not only the car, but the engine, Trans, and suspension. I also prefer to build an easy 10 second car myself so I start with the 12 second one. 5.0s can break single digits with superchargers, big tires, and a diet. A v6 mustang would no longer resemble what it was as it came from the factory once it became a sub 10 second ride.

I'm not accusing every v6 owner of this, but I know of v6 mustang owners that feel like they should have bought a GT. So instead of accepting the mistake, they try to convince themselves of valid reasoning for getting the v6 (cost, gas mileage, comparable performance) so that they feel better about it. Then they come into threads with angry v8 owners (because of all the "what CAI should i get" threads) and want to throw their weight around. In reality, personal preference prevails. I prefer performance, panty dropping sound, and knowing every time I put my foot into the floor I'm going to have to hold on for my life... So I got a 5.0. V6 owners have their reasons like I stated earlier. The only con I believe in with my 5.0 is that the highest speed limit around is 70mph.
But then like me I didn't buy my mustang for speed.. My girlfriends is for looks and gass mileage.. So why there's not. A V8 under here hood..
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Lmao.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

I respect that, but arguing that cost is an issue is where I differ. To make a v6 keep up with a v8, (especially a 5.0) takes serious modifications to not only the car, but the engine, Trans, and suspension. I also prefer to build an easy 10 second car myself so I start with the 12 second one. 5.0s can break single digits with superchargers, big tires, and a diet. A v6 mustang would no longer resemble what it was as it came from the factory once it became a sub 10 second ride.

I'm not accusing every v6 owner of this, but I know of v6 mustang owners that feel like they should have bought a GT. So instead of accepting the mistake, they try to convince themselves of valid reasoning for getting the v6 (cost, gas mileage, comparable performance) so that they feel better about it. Then they come into threads with angry v8 owners (because of all the "what CAI should i get" threads) and want to throw their weight around. In reality, personal preference prevails. I prefer performance, panty dropping sound, and knowing every time I put my foot into the floor I'm going to have to hold on for my life... So I got a 5.0. V6 owners have their reasons like I stated earlier. The only con I believe in with my 5.0 is that the highest speed limit around is 70mph.
I don't know if the sixer guys feel it was a mistake to have not bought the v8. I think many feel there already in so much for there sixer and to trade it in and get the v8 would cost way more and they would loose there back sides. Since they already have the sixer and invested so much money into it with there current mods, its more cost effective at that point to just mod it and make it faster.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
What's the most rwhp a new 5.0 N/A is gonna make? Not forged either just straight bolt ons?
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
What's the most rwhp a new 5.0 N/A is gonna make? Not forged either just straight bolt ons?
Boss mani, CAI, off road x, long tubes and a tune usually gets you to around 430-445rwhp. Switch to E85 and you'll be around 455-465rwhp.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Boss mani, CAI, off road x, long tubes and a tune usually gets you to around 430-445rwhp. Switch to E85 and you'll be around 455-465rwhp.
Interesting! Is switching to E85 just about tuning for it?
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Interesting! Is switching to E85 just about tuning for it?
Mainly it's tuning for it, but it requires larger Injectors than the 5.0s come with stock
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Mainly it's tuning for it, but it requires larger Injectors than the 5.0s come with stock
Cool thanks.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #89
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post

Got to realize some of us hear love having a fast v6.. David has a 4.2 v6 that could take some Gts easy I could go out and buy a 12 second car... But I'd rather build one..
I understand that and think its cool, but I would still rather have the V8. It's just what I like. But these guys are special. They want to take a V6 to different levels. What OP wants to know is whether he should buy a V6 or V8. If you have to ask yourself that, buy the 6'er.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

I understand that and think its cool, but I would still rather have the V8. It's just what I like. But these guys are special. They want to take a V6 to different levels. What OP wants to know is whether he should buy a V6 or V8. If you have to ask yourself that, buy the 6'er.
That was never OP's question! He asked what were the cons to having a V8.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangchassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

That was never OP's question! He asked what were the cons to having a V8.
Pros and cons if you wanna be exact lol.
__________________
2013 GT Premium: 15% Tint/Roush Axleback/Gloss Black 5.0 Badges/2007 GT Premium (SOLD)
mustangchassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy View Post

Pros and cons if you wanna be exact lol.
Lmao. True!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Okay people, let's stay focused here and stay on point to the OP's question. A pro for the 5.0 is its faster and outperforms the V6 model. Mod for equal Mod the power gains in the 5.0 are going to be more than the power gains in the V6 model. Example, The GT will make more HP gains with a tuner and CAI compared to the sixer with a performance tuner and CAI.

Now with that said, the cost of the 5.0 is gonna run around 7k more than the V6 with could be considered a con. The cost of insurance could be slightly more than the cost of it on the V6 model which can be a con. GT mods cost more money for the same exact mod on the v6 model which is a con. A supercharger on the GT costs more money than the V6 supercharger which could be a con. The GT typically gets fewer MPG's compared to the V6 model which could be a con (not saying that affected my choice).

So, OP which one are you going to buy after I had answered your question. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackbeast12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New castle
Region: Delaware
Posts: 187
I have a 600 hp mustang i could go to the dealer tommorow and trade it for a 2014 gt500 if i wanted to, but its not cost effective, besides my car the way its set up I can probably beat one, mostly because i can get the power down sooner due to a better suspension . When you add up the cost of my car 28k,+ 13k in upgrades the cost of my car is 41k compared to 70k , so when you buy a gt 500 your really just paying for the name...you can build a better car for less...
__________________
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post
I have a 600 hp mustang i could go to the dealer tommorow and trade it for a 2014 gt500 if i wanted to, but its not cost effective, besides my car the way its set up I can probably beat one, mostly because i can get the power down sooner due to a better suspension . When you add up the cost of my car 28k,+ 13k in upgrades the cost of my car is 41k compared to 70k , so when you buy a gt 500 your really just paying for the name...you can build a better car for less...
But you don't get that cool cobra emblem on the sides. Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jsmorley81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
Personally and no offense to anyone on the form I have to agree with his statement.. People are here to learn because they don't know as much as other people. Being the reason they come to a form. If you don't want to take the time to inform him, then don't take the time to bash him.. OP I told you my opinions on cons of a GT..
Totally agree
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackbeast12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New castle
Region: Delaware
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
But you don't get that cool cobra emblem on the sides. Lmao
They cost 20 bux at late model restoration!..lol
__________________
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular
 
foxbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 269
Go to your friendly local ford dealership and try one out for yourself. Look at the car, drive car, take notes. Finally, make a venn diagram and the side with the most benefits wins. Forums are not helpful for these questions. Most of everything you will read is opinion or something of that nature. Ultimately, You are paying for the car. You have your own expectations of what of mustang should have. Hopefully this helps.
foxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox View Post
Go to your friendly local ford dealership and try one out for yourself. Look at the car, drive car, take notes. Finally, make a venn diagram and the side with the most benefits wins. Forums are not helpful for these questions. Most of everything you will read is opinion or something of that nature. Ultimately, You are paying for the car. You have your own expectations of what of mustang should have. Hopefully this helps.
Good sir, I wrote all facts about the pros and cons. Fact, the Gt is faster and outperforms the V6. The GT costs more money than the V6 model. The GT gets less MPG's than the V6 model does. Mod for equal mods , the Gt will have greater HP and Torque increase numbers compared to the V6 modrl. GT mods cost more than the many other same mods for the V6. See, all facts. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black8thElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,117
Pros:

It's a GT !!!

5.0

You will see bigger gains from aftermarket mods

One of kind exhaust note : "don't act like y'all don't care about that, search the site for how many we got on that topic"

Cons:

Since it won't be your DD there aren't any if its for off-road use only. It's kinda on the driver and making the right modifications this point, so talkin about gas mileage is pointless when it pertains to your situation. There are no Cons to getting a GT for performance reasons...
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular
 
foxbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Good sir, I wrote all facts about the pros and cons. Fact, the Gt is faster and outperforms the V6. The GT costs more money than the V6 model. The GT gets less MPG's than the V6 model does. Mod for equal mods , the Gt will have greater HP and Torque increase numbers compared to the V6 modrl. GT mods cost more than the many other same mods for the V6. See, all facts. Lol
I meant to mention something about obvious facts haha
foxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox View Post

I meant to mention something about obvious facts haha
Lmao.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Once again, it comes down to what the wants and goals of the buyer are. Not every consumer needs a stock car to run high 12 to low 13 second 1/4 mile times. For many, a 14 second flat car is plenty fast enough for there liking. Some people don't need or want a car that can safely handle 475 HP without doing any engine mods. I would suspect many consumers feel a 305 HP pony car is plenty HP for them. The v6 looks the same to the non mustang enthusiast as the GT looks.

You get way more acceleration and performance from the GT compared to the V6 but its at a premium price for that extra power. Over 7k for a ball park figure. I certainly would of loved to have that extra 100 HP but didnt love it that much to cough up that difference. Its the old expression , you got to pay to play. For many, including myself back then they just don't want to play that bad. Although an 11 plus stock sixer is no sloucher when it comes to performance especially when you get the performance package with the 3;31 gears.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular
 
stangaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Region: California
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post
I have a 600 hp mustang i could go to the dealer tommorow and trade it for a 2014 gt500 if i wanted to, but its not cost effective, besides my car the way its set up I can probably beat one, mostly because i can get the power down sooner due to a better suspension . When you add up the cost of my car 28k,+ 13k in upgrades the cost of my car is 41k compared to 70k , so when you buy a gt 500 your really just paying for the name...you can build a better car for less...
That's like comparing the 6 to the 5.0 though you can beat the gt500 for less money sure but that gt500 is capable of a lot more with mods

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Everyone is making the mistake of comparing the v6 to the 5.0 when in reality they are in 2 completely separate classes. The pice and performance are both individually the best bang for buck within their own class this making them both separately amazing.
__________________
2008 4.0 SOLD (I will miss my first stang forever)
2011 5.0 black on black with 3.73 manual and I still get over 26 mpg
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post

That's like comparing the 6 to the 5.0 though you can beat the gt500 for less money sure but that gt500 is capable of a lot more with mods

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Everyone is making the mistake of comparing the v6 to the 5.0 when in reality they are in 2 completely separate classes. The pice and performance are both individually the best bang for buck within their own class this making them both separately amazing.
+1 there's always gonna be something better. You can either start at the bottom like a 6er or top like a gt500
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:11 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.