Information About SCT Devices - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2015, 09:22 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
SCT is good. But HP is where it's at now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2015, 09:29 PM   #37
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I'm on the bleeding edge at any point I'd for sure go with whatever is top of the line at the time. Hell, maybe I'll make Tech on Tuesday and then I have a chance at getting non-vol'd for TI duty in San Antonio and I can come see all these crazy Texas shops I keep hearing about lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:34 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I'm on the bleeding edge at any point I'd for sure go with whatever is top of the line at the time. Hell, maybe I'll make Tech on Tuesday and then I have a chance at getting non-vol'd for TI duty in San Antonio and I can come see all these crazy Texas shops I keep hearing about lol.
There is a few of them. But there is also a lot who aren't good also.

I'm setting another appointment up next week for another retune. We are going to play around and get crazy with the cam timing,spark tables ect. And see if we can get her to spin past 8100.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2015, 09:42 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Damn that is high. I hardly ever spin mine half that much lol
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:19 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Best thing to do. Junk the sct. Go with HP tuners. If your shop is already set up with HP. Guess what no handheld lol

Since your from San Antonio who's doing the HP tune what's involved and about how much lethal performance said 400 but that's dyno and sct

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeno View Post
Since your from San Antonio who's doing the HP tune what's involved and about how much lethal performance said 400 but that's dyno and sct

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Lethal does all my tuning. And my price isn't something I can say as it will not apply to everyone

Old 06-07-2015, 08:56 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I know Danny I'll call him and find out

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2015, 09:20 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know Danny I'll call him and find out

Cool

Old 06-07-2015, 09:33 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for your help

Old 06-07-2015, 01:18 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for your help

Just saw yours is a 03 right? I do not think yours is supported under the software they have right now. You may have to stick with sct

Old 06-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I googled it no support yet so SCT it is thanks for the info though

Old 06-07-2015, 04:35 PM   #47
Staff
Regular
Staff

Heh same here. SN95 4 lyfe yo!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:47 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

But still SCT a good way to go

Old 06-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #49
Staff
Regular
Staff

Almost all the shops around here use SCT still. Or Diablo even... but that guy does mostly pushrods.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:00 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
👍

Woooot!!!!!
Old 12-16-2015, 04:02 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Since it's an SCT thread, I figure I should ask here. Any news on the upcoming GTX tuner? News on the SCT and Bully Dog sites is very limited at best.
Mugeismo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:46 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Thanks for the info. Looking to get an SCT tuner within the next couple weeks.
CyberCarnage12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:27 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Tagged to read later.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:20 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Correct. The device is married to the car, not the owner, so yes it will work fine. The only thing with that is, if you have a "tunes for life" program with steeda or bama, I dont believe that will apply to a new owner. They will probably have to pay again if they want more tunes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Bama makes you pay again for the "tunes for life". I personally do not agree with this policy. Technically the tuner and tunes for life were paid for by the previous owner. If you buy a car, and the tuner that is married to that vehicle, I think everything should transfer. After all, the tuner is married to the vehicle, and is essentially a package. The only way I believe this would or should change is if the vehicle and tuner is returned to stock (an unmarried tuner).

I happen to be the owner of a tuned car. I have the original tuner and every bit of paperwork that came with the product as it was delivered by American Muscle. I am not sure whether or not Bama and American Muscle are one in the same. I have not done the research to find out. Regardless, there is nothing AM can do from the information I have gathered.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:29 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

I was told by an SCT tech that helped me get around a driver problem with my computer that I needed to update the firmware on my X4 (SF4 of I remember correctly). Do I need to return the car to the factory tune before I update the firmware?

If the car has to be returned to the factory tune before an update, can you tell me why? I am trying to learn as much as possible about this tool.

I am not a Bama tunes for life member at this time. If I encounter a glitch and my tunes are lost can they be restored?

At the moment I think I have the option for 3 tunes on the device. It would be nice to have the ability to store 10 or more files.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:32 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Can an SCT tuner branded for Bama or another company be used by a new tuning company if you are not satisfied with the results of your current tuning company?

I know I have asked a lot of questions, but I think they are all valid and can help others in the others as well as myself.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:22 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I was told by an SCT tech that helped me get around a driver problem with my computer that I needed to update the firmware on my X4 (SF4 of I remember correctly). Do I need to return the car to the factory tune before I update the firmware?

If the car has to be returned to the factory tune before an update, can you tell me why? I am trying to learn as much as possible about this tool.

I am not a Bama tunes for life member at this time. If I encounter a glitch and my tunes are lost can they be restored?

At the moment I think I have the option for 3 tunes on the device. It would be nice to have the ability to store 10 or more files.

I upgraded my firmware and didnt go back to stock all is still there

xxr staggered 17's, ford racing c springs, tokico blue struts, koni orange shocks, shorty billit antenna, billit gas cap, UPR CAI, UPR O/R Xpipe, Magna flow exhaust, Mach1 grill delete w/ chin spoiler, honeycomb blackout, Bama tuned 93 OCT. V2
Old 06-02-2016, 12:23 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Can an SCT tuner branded for Bama or another company be used by a new tuning company if you are not satisfied with the results of your current tuning company?

I know I have asked a lot of questions, but I think they are all valid and can help others in the others as well as myself.

Bama is from am but you have to ask them if you can but i believe so you do have space for 10 tunes

xxr staggered 17's, ford racing c springs, tokico blue struts, koni orange shocks, shorty billit antenna, billit gas cap, UPR CAI, UPR O/R Xpipe, Magna flow exhaust, Mach1 grill delete w/ chin spoiler, honeycomb blackout, Bama tuned 93 OCT. V2
Old 06-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I just tried to update my tuner. The very first prompt was to make sure the car was returned to stock.

My concern is not with returning the car back to its factory tune, but in losing the current tunes and not having the ability to restore them. Computer glitches happen, and I want to know I am covered if something goes wrong.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:10 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just tried to update my tuner. The very first prompt was to make sure the car was returned to stock.

My concern is not with returning the car back to its factory tune, but in losing the current tunes and not having the ability to restore them. Computer glitches happen, and I want to know I am covered if something goes wrong.

You are using the tunes on there from sct right? If so they will be there when your done if its other tunes you just transfer them to your pc tgen tranfer them back to the tuner

Old 06-02-2016, 05:36 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You are using the tunes on there from sct right? If so they will be there when your done if its other tunes you just transfer them to your pc tgen tranfer them back to the tuner

I will have to learn how to transfer/copy files from the SCT.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:36 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Its pretty straight forward

Old 06-03-2016, 07:18 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its pretty straight forward

Straight forward for some is a nightmare for me. I work with a computer and a ton of studio equipment and software all day. I only appear to know what I am doing with a computer.

I'm going to plug it in and try to transfer the Bama files to my laptop shortly.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:32 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

So if I have a tune on my car and I DO NOT have the original handheld device, there is no way to save the tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:39 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorMCA View Post
So if I have a tune on my car and I DO NOT have the original handheld device, there is no way to save the tune?

When you upload a custom tune into the car's computer the factory tune is loaded and saved in the tuner. The car's computer does not have multiple partitions that will allow you to load multiple tunes, or save a tune.

If you want to adjust tunes you can. The new handheld tuner will pull the old tune off and store what is there now. This could cause a problem down the road if you need the factory settings though.

Old 09-07-2016, 02:40 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When you upload a custom tune into the car's computer the factory tune is loaded and saved in the tuner. The car's computer does not have multiple partitions that will allow you to load multiple tunes, or save a tune.

If you want to adjust tunes you can. The new handheld tuner will pull the old tune off and store what is there now. This could cause a problem down the road if you need the factory settings though.

Don't want to sound ignorant but I am, what would I need the factory setting for? I bought it from the dealership with the current tune.

TrevorMCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:06 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

I can't seem to find the an owners manual, anyone have a link? I am trying to learn how to data log.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #68
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy13 View Post
I can't seem to find the an owners manual, anyone have a link? I am trying to learn how to data log.
Pretty much any email tuner has instructions on their website.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-01-2016, 10:08 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks I will look. I have tried to figure out the data logging on my own but keeps giving me an error. I will look there
Old 11-01-2016, 10:41 AM   #70
Registered Member

Regular

There are a few programs you should download for it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion