Maybe getting first mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Maybe getting first mustang

Found a 2012 5.0 premium near me for sale, has 34k miles on it dealer is asking 24995. Sound about right? I want it so bad, not sure what these are going for dont wanna overpay
Termi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
That sounds about right.

You can always get a little less from a dealer. Never take asking price. Start the negotiating game
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Do it! What are you waiting for? LOL. You could probably knock a $1,000-$2,000 off that depending on how much cash you go in there with. I wouldn't buy it unless it was completely stock though. Make sure to look it over with a fine tooth comb. If they have a lift at the Dealer, ask them to put it up on it so that you can take a look underneath. Either way, Good Luck!
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Im probably going to look at it tommorow, and yeah its stock as far as i know ill run over to make sure, car is still in mint condition, and i even read reviews about the dealership and it actually has a 5 star rating by customers. Now the trick is convincing my parents. Im ganna be paying for it myself and everything and i can afford it, but their ganna try and tell me i cant get it since im only 19.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termi View Post
Im probably going to look at it tommorow, and yeah its stock as far as i know ill run over to make sure, car is still in mint condition, and i even read reviews about the dealership and it actually has a 5 star rating by customers. Now the trick is convincing my parents. Im ganna be paying for it myself and everything and i can afford it, but their ganna try and tell me i cant get it since im only 19.
Awesome on paying for it yourself! As long as you over budget for it and can afford it you're golden.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. Only thing is the negotiating part. Never done that in my life lol, dont really know how to do that
Old 06-15-2013, 01:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Yeah. Only thing is the negotiating part. Never done that in my life lol, dont really know how to do that
Pawns Stars. All the knowledge you seek is contained therein. Trust me. I'm new here
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:03 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I would definitely go with a new base model GT. You can add all the stuff a premium has later on and you'll have a brand new car for around the same price, and it'll be worth more later on because of a shorter production run!
2013 gt premium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:43 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
Good Luck to ya! Hope everything works out.
Radtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey man, I recently got a 12' also about a month ago, you can definitely haggle with them a bit. Mine had 11k miles and I brought them down from 29 to 26. Never underestimate the power of the walk out close.
paulflor98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Get pre approved from your bank 1st, don't tell the dealership for how much. just tell them you already have financing. Offer them 2000 less than listing price, and say I'll give you this right now for it. be prepared to walk if they say no...works for me anyways.. Good luck
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

They ended up telling to come by yesterday morning, when i got there they said it had been sold the day before...it was an hour away too pissed me off. Got a test drive scheduled for tomorrow though for a 2013 5.0 at a different dealer. We'll see how that goes

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post

Get pre approved from your bank 1st, don't tell the dealership for how much. just tell them you already have financing. Offer them 2000 less than listing price, and say I'll give you this right now for it. be prepared to walk if they say no...works for me anyways.. Good luck
Mike, when you get pre approved from a bank, is that basically they'll give the dealer however much money you got approved for then you just make payments to the bank?
Old 06-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They ended up telling to come by yesterday morning, when i got there they said it had been sold the day before...it was an hour away too pissed me off. Got a test drive scheduled for tomorrow though for a 2013 5.0 at a different dealer. We'll see how that goes

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Mike, when you get pre approved from a bank, is that basically they'll give the dealer however much money you got approved for then you just make payments to the bank?
essentially yes, but you do not have to spend to your approval limit. and don't ever, ever tell the sales man what you are approved for. Just say you have financing and make a fair offer. financing through YOUR bank usually gets you a better APR %, that's not to say all dealer financing is bad, but I've seen and heard some horror stories of them taking advantage of younger guys. remember you are not paying your car payment, you are paying for the total cost of the car. I've seen them do this to Jr. Marines.. basically convince them that they can afford 250 dollars a month, but the length and terms of the loan are ridiculous. be careful man and be smart.. MAN I sound like my dad 15 years ago talking to me!! LOL
Old 06-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

also, if the 13 is too much money. check with CarMax for a 2011 or newer, my wife got a 2009 Nissan murrano from them a few months ago with 46k miles for 17500. they can bring cars to your location for a couple hundred dollars and they sell the car for the sticker, No less, no more.. there is no negotiations. pretty straight forward and the car buying experience is great. No I don't work for them..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion