Florida Salt Water - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Florida Salt Water

Thinking about moving to Tampa in the very near future. I keep hearing the salt in the air will eat my paint up. For those of you that do live in Florida, how true is that and how do I protect my paint?
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
i live near tampa and no rust on my car, i guess if u live right on the ocean it might b different
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
i live near tampa and no rust on my car, i guess if u live right on the ocean it might b different
+1 as long as your not right on the coastline you should be fine. The salt in the air near there eats up and rusts everything kind of like salt on te roads up north. But you will be fine if your a little more inland. I live in west palm beac with no problems at all
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
Thinking about moving to Tampa in the very near future. I keep hearing the salt in the air will eat my paint up. For those of you that do live in Florida, how true is that and how do I protect my paint?
I live on the east coast of Florida by the water and grew up here, never had any problems or know anyone with damage from the salt.
South3rnBeLLe50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

ya been about 1 mile away from the beach for 18+ years no car has ever had any problems
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Cool, thanks.
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:11 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Keep in mind that you are on a mustang forum with people who adore their cars, so all these people saying they don't have issues probably wash and wax their cars on a regular basis
If you slack on washing and waxing, you WILL start to see oxidation, which, if left untreated, will eventually rust. I live less than 5 miles from the beach here in FL and I see it happen all over. But don't worry, the regular wash is all it takes to prevent it. Oh and welcome to the sunshine state

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion