08 Bullitt questions - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2008, 06:09 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Re: 08 Bullitt questions

Now I'm in trouble, my local dealer has got back to me after some time and is getting right on the price considering how many options is on his Bullitt.
Just got back from test driving it and everything seems OK. No flat spotted tires, the traction control seems to be in order (read over at IMBOC that someone had an issue with this) and the rear axle only had a slight amount of rust forming on it (the one I looked at last weekend was ate up and the undercarriage was covered in road salt after someone test drove it...I guess) and the paint looked good, only problem was the hood seams were not perfect (not bad either, but not Honda quality) I'm probably too picky, and wish I wasn't, life would be more enjoyable.
The car only had 5.3 miles on it so I wonder if anyone else even test drove it.
The Bullitt was sitting by a grey Shelby GT500, it is so awesome to be able to go to a car lot and see cool cars like this. I also spotted my first new Challenger (orange, well for all I know maybe they are all orange ) two weekends ago while traveling to see my wife's folks in St Louis, nice, not that I want one but I enjoy seeing that car.
Now if I could only figure out what the "mobile ease" option is, I guess I should have asked the salesperson but it didn't seem important at the time.
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 08:21 PM   #37

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVII View Post
Now if I could only figure out what the "mobile ease" option is, I guess I should have asked the salesperson but it didn't seem important at the time.

Here ya go!

Hit this link: Ford Motor Company - Press Release - "MOBILE-EASE" HANDS-FREE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM DEBUTS
Unhomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Unhomed! Now I know.
I don't know if I want to pay an extra $395 for it but it's looking like I may not have a choice.
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 09:34 PM   #39

Quote:
Thanks Unhomed! Now I know.
I don't know if I want to pay an extra $395 for it but it's looking like I may not have a choice.

Maybe.......

Perhaps you can bargain to get a free set of Deluxe floor mats from the parts department (you'll need them for shows, or eventually the originals will wear out) since you really want to "buy this Bullitt now and from this dealer" but you are hesitating since you are being "forced to buy an option that is completely worthless to you". Or perhaps a years worth of oil changes. Mud flaps? Dr Pepper, heavy ice? Ya got nothing to lose!

Good luck!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:47 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I like your thinking Unhomed, the floor mats is a great idea.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:16 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri

I had the hood seam issue with my GT when purchased in 06, like you realized it's not a perfectly assembled Asian sewing machine & sucked it up, I'm also a perfectionist & wish I was not, the joy of driving my GT soon overtook any concerns. My new Shelby appears to have perfect seams maybe I got lucky?
I saw a challenger @ the Lake of the Ozarks (MO) a couple of weeks ago in Orange before seeing & having viewed a lot of press with great photo's I was terribly disappointed with it in the flesh, saying that & having here made critical comment (Mild) on the Bullitt, saw one again today in my dealership & have to say on closer inspection, I can see the attraction, hood up very impressive, exhausts look horny asked the dealer to start up sounded great ok sound like a hypocrite & my opinion is only my opinion, but you must go for it a & really hope you do.
English Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:47 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

@ English Paul
I wish you could have taken the Bullitt out and rowed through the gears, it truly is one of the finest feeling shifters I have ever felt (of course I haven't tried the Shelby GT500, it may have the same tuned shifter or gearbox or whatever it is that makes it feel like magic).

I'm currently $250 and waiving the DOC fees apart from a deal (and if I wind up having to pay for those d*** doc fees you can bet that I'm asking for those floor mats ).
Old 08-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

the shifters in 05+'s that ive drove seemed rubbery to me~ as they are not actually on top of the trans like the previous years were
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

@ Spector V
Yep, I know just what you are talking about, but the Bullitt does not feel like that.
It's magically delicious.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:50 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Question Re: 08 Bullitt questions

Have you bought that Bullitt yet
Old 08-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

@ English Paul
No, but I'm working on it.
Went and drove the Bullitt by myself, it's marginally faster than a stock GT.
As far as "bang for the bucks" a stock GT with the current rebates is a bargain but I would never be satisfied with one.
My local dealer refused to come down on the $250 and wouldn't consider waiving the doc fees either, so I have found one about 5 hours from where I live that is $1500 cheaper and still the Highland Green color.
It does not have the mobile ease option, Ambient Lighting or Sat. radio option either which appeals to me because the little bump on the trunk takes away from the cleanness of the cars lines IMO (although nice to have). Trying to talk the wife and my 8 yr old daughter in making the drive with me (or else I'm going to have to rent a Hertz car one way and have the dealer pick me up at the airport), I'm bribing them with a trip to the zoo or some crap like that plus a night in a hotel room so that we are not driving 10 plus hours in one day.
I'm a little upset with my local dealer (him with me too I suspect) because I know the price that I offered was legit, he had plenty of profit on his side ($750) but I guess he could sense this in me when looking at the Bullitt.
I'm a little leary of buying a car sight unseen, but it is new so surely it would be OK, unless it's been test drove on the salt covered roads this past winter. (I've seen this before and it is a nightmare on anything not plated or painted, i.e. axles, shock tower bolts,etc.)
Wish me luck.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

DV11
1) I think you are your greatest enemy in this matter, you simply cannot make a decision to go for the car you have clearly set your heart on & therefore are amassing reasons not to make "THAT' decision. So we are letting $250 & doc fees be a reason not to reach that final decision ( Don't misunderstand I,'m no millionaire that can throw money around BUT - come on ).
2) Now you are convincing yourself that a vehicle $1500 cheaper with in reality unknown salt damage condition, no sat radio, no ambient lighting, no mobile ease option some 5 hours away may be a better option, of course it's probably not BUT "Provides" you with more decision delay time which you can justify.
3) Yeh fly down, get dealer to collect from airport ( Good luck with that), or rent Hertz, or take wife & daughter throw in hotel costs & hellish day @ zoo or similar ( +cost) + 10 hours of driving & then get long distance purchase serviced by enthusiastic local dealer !! ( Buying locally has bought me incredible service)
4) Personally I would like all the options you are prepared to bypass, that blue tooth or emergency call up/contact or similar tech is a must these days ., I have ambient lighting it is cool, the Sat radio great ( Little bump spoils looks - please !)
Look man your decision but sounds to me like it may not be, you have posted so passionately it's obvious you are obsessed with the car ( know the feeling well - trust me), the local vehicle has passed all the DV11 test check off's & sits there beckoning you easy for me to say I know & really none of my business but posting here kind of makes it so - so go buy it & be done with the indecision - you know it makes sense !
Old 08-04-2008, 02:53 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Paul View Post
so go buy it & be done with the indecision - you know it makes sense !

+1

Pay $250 or drive 5 hours .
That $250 is starting to look mighty good .

Good luck with the decision, though. IMHO don't let a $4ish per month addition to your payment get in the way of this car, it's worth it (to say the least).

I do hope to hear one way of the other you get one .
Old 08-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Not $250 but $1500 in reality.(the options mean little to me)

I agree that the 10 hr (it's actually slightly more) drive will be hell (well, maybe not so much on the way back) , plus enduring what my wife will come up with to occupy my free time while there will make me want to slit my wrists, but $1500 is $1500.

The rusted undercarraige would be a nightmare scenario though, and I've seen one around here like that already...scaling, flakey rust.

It's just that I've waited a long time for this and I want every thing as perfect as I can get it, the right car at the right price. Once you do the deal there is no going back.
My local dealer should have jumped on my offer, since the Bullitt has came out we have had $4 a gallon gas, stock market crossing over into bear territory (20% decline, that's actually known as a crash, 10% is a correction) huge bank failures and housing forclosures not seen since the Great Depression and last but not least Ford had it's worst quarter ever...Ford's Worst Quarter Ever

Sorry for the rant but my local dealer is living in la la land.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I'm telling you, drive down to the dealer in olive branch, they have them on the lot and are ready to let them go. Sick of looking at them. Shoot me a message and I'll go make sure what they have before you make the drive.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

& I am saying go to your local doolally dealer & put him straight before you make the trip.

" Hey mate I am off to ------ to pick up my new Bullitt, they will deal , seems you won't, giving you the absolute last opportunity to seel that car that IS stuck on your lot, believe me I'm not kidding Mr salesman piss or get off the pot, I think he will deal.

By the way are you dealing with the owner or @ least manager ?, if not you should be. Good luck just want you to get what you want, & my God you want it !
Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ok, DVII, did some leg work for ya.

Homer Skelton Ford, Olive Branch, MS (right down 78 from ya, maybe 30 minutes tops)

08 Bullitt, DHG, No Nav, No sat, 31,525 sticker.

All you have to do is go up there and ask for Michael Angelo McKinnie, he said bring whatever deal the other dealership is offering you and he'll beat it on this one. He was there till close tonight, said he'll be there 8-5 tomorrow and most the rest of the week.

He's ready to sell the car and will do what it takes, I told him part of what you've gone through.

The car is sitting out on the lot right down from another DHG Bullitt with all the options, they haven't been able to move either one of them.

Just go there, ask for Mike, tell him Brad sent you and he'll get you hooked up.
Our's:
Old 08-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Ok, DVII, did some leg work for ya.

Homer Skelton Ford, Olive Branch, MS (right down 78 from ya, maybe 30 minutes tops)

08 Bullitt, DHG, No Nav, No sat, 31,525 sticker.

All you have to do is go up there and ask for Michael Angelo McKinnie, he said bring whatever deal the other dealership is offering you and he'll beat it on this one. He was there till close tonight, said he'll be there 8-5 tomorrow and most the rest of the week.

He's ready to sell the car and will do what it takes, I told him part of what you've gone through.

The car is sitting out on the lot right down from another DHG Bullitt with all the options, they haven't been able to move either one of them.

Just go there, ask for Mike, tell him Brad sent you and he'll get you hooked up.

That's what I call 'going above and beyond'.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:45 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

I agree, let's hope our friend goes for it
Old 08-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
@ Lowflyn
You forgot those *****in' seats, dash, shifter, gauge script, and shock tower brace

This car is a steal at under $30,000 compared to a regular GT.

3.73 gears would not be a minor bolt on for me although I'll grant you the cold air system would.

@Spector V

I have driven an 03 Cobra w/supercharger, 03 Mach 1, and the stock 05-08 GT plus numerous ole' timey musclecars such as Ram Air III 4 spd T/A, 66 Chevelle w/427 rat motor, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th gen Camaros, C3, C4, C5 Vettes etc, and can honestly say that this new Bullitt rendition hits the spot for me. I get that same funny butterfly feeling looking at this new Bullitt as I do looking at a 66 fastback 'Stang or a 68 big block Camaro SS (or more appropriately the COPO Camaro with the tiny hubcap wheels... plain and stealthy) or any number of awesome musclecars from that bygone era that I will never be able to afford (at least in the shape that I would want them in).

Having said that the 03 Cobra that I drove was pretty cool but I'm a sucker for the new Bullitt.
But have you bought the bloody thing yet ? the anticipation is killing me !
Old 08-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

DV11, where are you ? what's new ?, speak to us
Old 08-21-2008, 05:00 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

I think he gave up lol
Our's:
Old 08-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

maybe he's making the 5 hr trip, haha

95 GT- Sold
09 Hyundai Elantra Touring-new ride.
Looking for the next project car now
Scut95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Well checking out for a rusty undercarriage probably does take a fair while, on the other hand persuading a wife that buying the car is a good idea may have taken just a little longer !
Old 08-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #60

Region: Pennsylvania

Hey guys,

I guess DVII is still trying to make up his mind.

Way to go Lowflyn for doing all that research for him.

I'm with you English Paul - he should just go buy it and get it over with!

Sorry for the remarks about the glitz. I was at my local Ford dealer last week and they had a GT 500 on the floor. Silver (or Pewter) with black stripes - looked and sounded very mean! I'm sure your GT 500 would easily take my Bullitt. Somehow a supercharged 5.4 L vs. a normally aspirated 4.6 L doesn't bode well for the Bullitt!

I hope DVII comes back with good news!

Stay healthy guys! As one of you said, any Mustang is a good Mustang!

Take care,

John L
Bullitt0553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:46 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Emotional vehicles like Mustangs tend to be impulse purchases. Nothing wrong with that - if you can afford it & you enjoy it.

I waited 10 years to get my 4th Mustang . . . . & that was 9.9 years too long - but at least the S197 Mustang is Ford's best ever!

You know what you want ( H.Grn Bullitt) & can afford it - don't settle for something else to save a few $$$ . . . . . get what you want & you'll be lovin' it.

Vaya con Dios.
4thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #62

Well, still no word from DVII!

I guess we'll never know the outcome of his search for the perfect Bullitt!

John L, aka Bullitt0553
Old 09-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I dont think he likes us anymore.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #64

This Bullitt thread caught my eye, as I just sold my 94 Cobra to make room for a new Bullitt. I purchased an 09 on E-bay for $27,100.00 from a guy who won it in a lottery. It has 141 miles and is essentially a new car, so saving $6000 off of sticker for the car that I think is one of the cleanest Mustangs to come along in years has made my day.

The Bullitt has created a lot of controversy, people either love it or hate it, and I'm a little surprised at the negative reaction from so many Mustang owners. Too bland, not distinctive enough, just a GT with a few bolt-on's that are not worth $3000, etc. We've all heard the criticisms. Clearly as a new Bullitt owner, I love the lack of "bling" on it, and think that the spirit of the car captures the retro-muscle car feel of the 68 that was the focus of the movie.

I've been watching the prices come down since January. I remember seeing them on E-Bay for $38,000 back then, and now the buy-it-now prices average around $31,000. One of the local dealers here has 4 2008's on the lot, and will take $29,000 plus ttl, or about $4000 off sticker, so there some deals out there.
lambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #65

I agree with you Lambo that people either love the Bullitt or hate it. As I always say, opinions are like you-know-whats, everybody's got one!

I haven't kept up with prices for the Bullitt, but with the economy in the state its in, I don't doubt that there will be deals out there. Ford and the others of the "Big Three" (boy, is that a laugh anymore) are hurting and will be doing anything to move cars. It doesn't help that Bullitts only get in the low 20s for MPG with the price of gas, either.

On the other hand, I had my Bullitt out this morning for a coffee and donut run. It is a beautiful day here in Central PA and riding around with the windows open and hearing that exhaust was enough to change my mood and make me glad to be alive and to be a Bullitt owner.

Good luck with yours!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:40 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Exclamation Re: 08 Bullitt questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt0553 View Post
Well, still no word from DVII! - I guess we'll never know the outcome of his search for the perfect Bullitt!
I'd guess over-analysis & pinchin' the pennies too hard killed the enthuaism.

It can happen . . . .

2:

Probably got a rice car instead . . . .

:hammer:
4thMustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion