Really WTF! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Really WTF!

So tomorrow will be the 6th time in 3 months I will have taken my car to the dealer for problems with my ac. I'm so pissed
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
wanna give us the issues?
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
Yeah lol. I so wanna be on ur side but have no clues on the issues.
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
1.... It would blow warm when I came up to a light. They replaced some switch.
2. Started clicking when first turned on. They replaced a door motor.
3.... Started clicking again. They replace another motor.
4. Blowed warm at above 3k rpm. They couldn't find anything
5. Started blowing hot all the time. They moved some sensor.
6. Now this. Fan speed up all the way and there's not much air coming out of the vents. Like something is blocking
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
610swolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
1.... It would blow warm when I came up to a light. They replaced some switch.
2. Started clicking when first turned on. They replaced a door motor.
3.... Started clicking again. They replace another motor.
4. Blowed warm at above 3k rpm. They couldn't find anything
5. Started blowing hot all the time. They moved some sensor.
6. Now this. Fan speed up all the way and there's not much air coming out of the vents. Like something is blocking
mine does the blow warm air thing when i stop at a light and go any other times it's ice cold... do you know what switch they replaced?
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by 610swolf View Post

mine does the blow warm air thing when i stop at a light and go any other times it's ice cold... do you know what switch they replaced?
No I'm not sure. I will have to track down my paperwork and find out
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
blend door actuator...swap it out and see how it goes
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,610
The blend door actuator was likely the clicking motor they replaced. I know because my Expy goes through the crap dorman replacements for the rear AC like a fat chick goes through Ben and Jerry's.

Have they checked the compressor electronics? The clutch is activated by a switch and if that is going in and out or if its a flaky wire somewhere... dunno... My father had a wiring issue on his F250 a while back and it took like SIX trips to the dealer before someone finally found a chaffed wire and it never had a problem again.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The blend door actuator was likely the clicking motor they replaced. I know because my Expy goes through the crap dorman replacements for the rear AC like a fat chick goes through Ben and Jerry's.

Have they checked the compressor electronics? The clutch is activated by a switch and if that is going in and out or if its a flaky wire somewhere... dunno... My father had a wiring issue on his F250 a while back and it took like SIX trips to the dealer before someone finally found a chaffed wire and it never had a problem again.

The last visit the moved the sensor cuz the condenser was freezing up and shutting the system off. But this problem is like the blend door is closing on its own.

The funny thing is that this am I jumped into my car to take it to the dealer and my ac was working perfect.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Sounds like a short to me, give them time, a short is the hardest thing to trouble shoot.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie
1.... It would blow warm when I came up to a light. They replaced some switch.
2. Started clicking when first turned on. They replaced a door motor.
3.... Started clicking again. They replace another motor.
4. Blowed warm at above 3k rpm. They couldn't find anything
5. Started blowing hot all the time. They moved some sensor.
6. Now this. Fan speed up all the way and there's not much air coming out of the vents. Like something is blocking
Are u paying them for this?!?
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

Are u paying them for this?!?
No it's warranty. Thank god I'd be even more pissed if I had to keep paying for this
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie

No it's warranty. Thank god I'd be even more pissed if I had to keep paying for this
Bout to say lol
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Well here we go again. My car is back at the dealer for the ac not working
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,610
Lemon law time? If not I'd demand an entire AC system replacement AND the harness too. If not then elevate the issue to corporate.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Lemon law time? If not I'd demand an entire AC system replacement AND the harness too. If not then elevate the issue to corporate.
I'm about to start pushing lemon law or something this is begging to be ridiculous
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681
I thought all AC's disengage after 3k RPMs or at WOT? Still sucks though man, that has to be extremely frustrating. Some days I feel like my AC doesn't work that well and other days it's ice cold. Obviously mine is older, but I understand how that sucks lol.
__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
I thought all AC's disengage after 3k RPMs or at WOT? Still sucks though man, that has to be extremely frustrating. Some days I feel like my AC doesn't work that well and other days it's ice cold. Obviously mine is older, but I understand how that sucks lol.
Well yeah they do disengage but not working isn't disengaging when you nail the throttle, not working means is effing goddamn hot in 90-100 degree weather in what is likely a leather interior. I know the other day when it was 100 if my AC was not working I might have had to pull the car over and get out.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

Well yeah they do disengage but not working isn't disengaging when you nail the throttle, not working means is effing goddamn hot in 90-100 degree weather in what is likely a leather interior. I know the other day when it was 100 if my AC was not working I might have had to pull the car over and get out.
Ya it does suck. I was stuck in slow moving traffic on the freeway yesterday. Black car + black leather int + 113 degrees out = me really pissed of that I have a 2012 car that keeps having problems
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
So my car has been at the dealer since Wednesday and they still haven't found out what's wrong. They have even got ford engineers involved.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
So my car has been at the dealer since Wednesday and they still haven't found out what's wrong. They have even got ford engineers involved.
Sounds like they are trying. I work with computers and can relate to chasing an oddball problem that eludes all normal tshoot'g protocol.

Perhaps it is time to have a discussion regarding expected outcomes with the dealership. Invoke a lemon law claim if you meet your state's requirements. I would advise against any benefit of the doubt. It's just business.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post

Sounds like they are trying. I work with computers and can relate to chasing an oddball problem that eludes all normal tshoot'g protocol.

Perhaps it is time to have a discussion regarding expected outcomes with the dealership. Invoke a lemon law claim if you meet your state's requirements. I would advise against any benefit of the doubt. It's just business.
I know they are trying. I work in the service dept for the international trucks dealer here in phx. I know what it's like. I'm being patient with them cuz I know they are doing everything they can to fix it.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post

I know they are trying. I work in the service dept for the international trucks dealer here in phx. I know what it's like. I'm being patient with them cuz I know they are doing everything they can to fix it.
You're a rare customer. ..lol
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #24
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
You're a rare customer. ..lol
He's a customer that realizes what it takes to work on/troubleshoot a system like this. Your average dip**** customer thinks you can plug it into a computer and it'll tell you exactly what is wrong with it or wave a magic wand at it and it'll be fixed.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 484
Cooler heads prevail. I tell my internal customer they can jump up and down screaming while I resolve their IT issue or I can resolve their IT issue.

Glad to see a person describe their issue without the childish banter.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Ok so I talked to the dealer today and they still can't find what's going on. So they are going to keep it till it acts up. I'm not gunna lie but I miss my car and I want her back
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 484
Ask for a loaner GT
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Ask for a loaner GT
Lol I think I'd rather push for them to buy my car back so I could get a new gt
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post

Lol I think I'd rather push for them to buy my car back so I could get a new gt
A sale may entice them...
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post

A sale may entice them...
They would have to make it a sweet deal.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post

They would have to make it a sweet deal.
Shoot. Ask. It will pass the time
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:02 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.