Roush or Shelby - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2013, 05:44 AM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
To me, it comes down to what u like. Then u find the best deal possible on what u like. I wanted my Shelby because to me, it represents the dream. Other cars and makers can do that for other people but when I was 8, seeing that 67 in a magazine and reading that article, from then on, it was a passion. I'd definitely take an rs3 but then again, I would take several other makes and models, as an enthusiast. They were not my dream tho.

I'm happy to see anybody get what they work all their life for, especially if its something they hav always wanted. Even if all u can afford is an 87 4 cyl mustang, I am happy to see u get that. I'm sure I'm not the only one who grew up in a single wide that has worked all their life and is now fortunate enough to love part of their dream.

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Lol, I want what your smoking.
Lol. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and just hoping he was new.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
This is a bit off topic, but personally I think the name "Shelby" is a bit overrated. He did more work with Dodge than he did with Ford, and we champion the guy like he is the messiah. Jack Roush has done more personally for Mustang performance than Shelby ever did. The guy has been building Mustangs for 30yrs. He was building Mustangs while Carroll Shelby was building Dodge's pony car. As far as Ford built Mustangs go, I do love the GT500.. but for my $$ I'd take a Roush simply because. He's Jack Roush.
Really. Lol. First, there is no bigger name. Only one who comes close is Steve Saleen and I don't think it's that close.

The Shelby is just bada**. Not too many things on this earth are prettier than that F150 sized motor crammed into the Mustang with the nasty blower on top. Let's not even talk about the Super Snake 1000.

So if you buy a Roush, keep it because you will get porked on resale unless you trade it into a Roush Dealer. Still love to see them around. Bottom line is if you can afford one consider yourself lucky. Any mustang
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Actually targeting either car as an "investment" is ridiculous. These are still hot rodded versions of mass produced cars. It's got to sink to the bottom of its standard depreciation curve like any product before it starts to climb to investment value, if it does at all. These cars aren't that rare and rarity doesn't always equal collector desirability anyway. People watch too much Barrett-Jackson on TV and think their car is a million-dollar Plum Crazy Hemi 'cuda Convertible, all matching #s.

Who wants to bubble-wrap these things and wait and risk to see what the collector car market is like 50 years from now when these cars will have their "value" if any at all? These things might be illegal to own by then or there may be no collector car market for these things because people of non-buying age now may not give a **** about this kind of stuff like the boomers did?

As for Carroll...he did invent the Cobra and take Ford to Le Mans wins before filling his wallet with Chrysler money. The guy was an entrepreneur, full stop; nothing wrong with that. Contending he did more with Dodge is ridiculous from the measure of his impact on automotive history.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #39
Registered Member

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Actually targeting either car as an "investment" is ridiculous. These are still hot rodded versions of mass produced cars. It's got to sink to the bottom of its standard depreciation curve like any product before it starts to climb to investment value, if it does at all. These cars aren't that rare and rarity doesn't always equal collector desirability anyway. People watch too much Barrett-Jackson on TV and think their car is a million-dollar Plum Crazy Hemi 'cuda Convertible, all matching #s.

Who wants to bubble-wrap these things and wait and risk to see what the collector car market is like 50 years from now when these cars will have their "value" if any at all? These things might be illegal to own by then or there may be no collector car market for these things because people of non-buying age now may not give a **** about this kind of stuff like the boomers did?

As for Carroll...he did invent the Cobra and take Ford to Le Mans wins before filling his wallet with Chrysler money. The guy was an entrepreneur, full stop; nothing wrong with that. Contending he did more with Dodge is ridiculous from the measure of his impact on automotive history.
Couldn't have said it better myself. You, sir are 100% CORRECT.
DeepImpactPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

A+ on that essay!! Well said!!!!
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Knew I'd get you guys all fired up. I love what Shelby did with Dodge. He worked on the Viper. Great car. Those Shelby Daytonas from back in the day. Classic. I love a GT500 just as much as the next guy, but I would like it more if it were more appropriately called the SVT Cobra. That's just me though. Shelby doesnt carry the same historical significance for me since he was working on the Viper while we were getting stomped by F bodies and the only people who were doing anything about it were Jack Roush and Steve Saleen. Shelby had little to do with Ford for 35 years, and those happened to be the years I was growing up and formulting an opnion based on what was happening around me
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Yep, I have an M.o...Master of the Obvious....

Let's take a short trip back to read the lessons of history: Is there ANY Fox body that has collectible dollar value worth a darn compared to its purchase price? Nope. '93 Cobra has some desirability but they still don't command enough dollars to surmount their OE purchase price, even in unadjusted dollars, barely 1/2 for the most part and that's a 20 year old, 1 year only, limited-run car that most people knew would be really rare at the time.

At some point, I think the collectible bargain from this gen, if there is one, will be the B302. It's truly a limited production vehicle, unlike the Roush and the Shelby, where they make what the market demands, for the most part.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Boss 302 leguna seca!? YES PLEASE!
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

let me put it this way, a lion and a tiger are pretty much the top of the food chain in the jungle. BUT the lion is the king of the jungle.

in a concrete jungle the SHELBY is the lion........
BAD CO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD CO. View Post
let me put it this way, a lion and a tiger are pretty much the top of the food chain in the jungle. BUT the lion is the king of the jungle.

in a concrete jungle the SHELBY is the lion........
I agreed until roush offered the aluminator. Manley rods are one of the toughest out there. Does Shelby use Manley rods or are they still using "powered metal forgings" that was fords description of them anyways.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Just buy a six cylinder and save a boat load of cash lmao.
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87 View Post
Just buy a six cylinder and save a boat load of cash lmao.
Hahahahahaha good one
Old 08-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Roush has a RS v6 as well! I'd pick a RS3 with an aluminator over a gt500 any day of the week. The dealership I purchased my 2013 5.0 sells both roush and gt500's. both cars will require upgrades to be serious track cars. But honestly for that kind of $$ I'd be afraid to pull EITHER car out of the garage!! It's a matter of preference and really this is a dead end street! Some prefer Shelby and some prefer roush. Neither is a bad choice
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
And there are also Steeda Serialized Vehicles ...

Just wanted to stir the pot and give another option ...

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
What about Saleen? I saw one of those yesterday btw!
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
And there are also Steeda Serialized Vehicles ...

Just wanted to stir the pot and give another option ...

Best Regards,

TJ
Do you purchase the steeda stangs from steeda or a dealer?
Old 08-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

You purchase them from a Steeda authorized Ford Dealership. We build them at our Steeda facility and then send them to the respective dealers.

They are not pieced together with other companies parts ... the performance parts and suspension components on these cars are all made by Steeda.

These vehicles also have a warranty backed by Steeda's serialized vehicle program.

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 08-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I might interject here... Yesterday I was playing with some of the Shelby guys. I raced one of them in my 12 GT. we made a 40-120 pull and He only pulled a nose on me, my passenger door was even with his tail. This is a car with 130+ more hp then mine...I have to admit, I was expecting more from the Cobra. The guy driving even asked me what did I do to my GT. You should have seen the look on his face when I said nothing yet, it's stock except the axel backs. So a Roush with an Aluminator 700 hp Stage 3 would probably destroy an out of the box Shelby.
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

All that power in the Shelby is useless unless you add the appropriate suspension components and are able to put the power to the ground.
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 08-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
All that power in the Shelby is useless unless you add the appropriate suspension components and are able to put the power to the ground.
I agree, same goes for my GT. That is one reason I dont like to race from a dig....I have not done my suspension and my wider wheels are going to powder coat next week...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I own a 2013 gt. good friend owns 2012 roush. My shop guy owns a few dodge vipers along with a Shelby. I've driven in all of them. Shelby if you just want balls to the wall power. You get like 650+ horses. I believe the roush comes in at like 525 or so. And everyone knows the gt is 420. So from my experience roush is the best mustang all around. From suspension to engine and interior and rarity and a few thousand cheaper then a Shelby. Not by much tho. The Shelby is a straight line beast. It will go around the corners with the best in the business. But roush is a better track performer and the Shelby well it's a Shelby. If I had the money to buy one I would go roush. Just bc it's a little more track car then DD. just my preference tho. And I'm sure you can get almost the same power from the roush supercharger with a few pulley mods n so on.
Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Yuckooo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

i see you have made your choice , and its a good one .bottom line ..... shelby,roush,saleen,svt cobra,mach 1, boss,and gt's they are all mustangs.ford rules

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Lol, I want what your smoking.
agreed what are you smoking how many people in the world know who jack roush is? even my wife knows who CS is and that says alot
BAD CO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Quote:

+1. When ford created the GT40 it was garbage, then Carroll Shelby stepped in and helped develop the GT40 into a competitive race car.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep, I have an M.o...Master of the Obvious....

Let's take a short trip back to read the lessons of history: Is there ANY Fox body that has collectible dollar value worth a darn compared to its purchase price? Nope. '93 Cobra has some desirability but they still don't command enough dollars to surmount their OE purchase price, even in unadjusted dollars, barely 1/2 for the most part and that's a 20 year old, 1 year only, limited-run car that most people knew would be really rare at the time.

At some point, I think the collectible bargain from this gen, if there is one, will be the B302. It's truly a limited production vehicle, unlike the Roush and the Shelby, where they make what the market demands, for the most part.

2000 Cobra R...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion