procharged 3.7 vs 5.0 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bonnie12V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

The most glorious thing ever?? C'mon now...
He'll yeah. People always ragg on the sixxers. He has one that craps on 5.0's. pretty awesome IMO.
__________________
Ryan
'Sally' 2014 Mustang GT 5.0, Black
Shelby GT500 Axleback, Res delete, Barton shift bracket.
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-30-2013, 02:10 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tpost08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 624
What kind of 1/4 times are you running by the way.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:49 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
RocknCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
What kind of 1/4 times are you running by the way.
+1 do tell...
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknCali View Post

+1 do tell...
Yes please do. I wouldn't trade my 5.0 for a 8 second v6.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Yes please do. I wouldn't trade my 5.0 for a 8 second v6.
Would u trade an 8 second v6 U built for a stock 5.0?
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Would u trade an 8 second v6 U built for a stock 5.0?
No, because I'd never build a v6 in the first place.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

No, because I'd never build a v6 in the first place.
Lmao. How did I know u were gonna say that! Way to avoid the question.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Lmao. How did I know u were gonna say that! Way to avoid the question.
I answered your question, no means no!
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I answered your question, no means no!
Lmao. Okay! Btw the question was would u trade ur 8 second built v6 (I know I know u would never have a 6 but theoretically speaking) for a 5.0 & u said NO so either ur contradicting ur self or don't know how to answer a question.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Lmao. Okay! Btw the question was would u trade ur 8 second built v6 (I know I know u would never have a 6 but theoretically speaking) for a 5.0 & u said NO so either ur contradicting ur self or don't know how to answer a question.
Get a life!
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Get a life!
Lmfao!!!!!!!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
when I first put the SC on it was 12.2 sec. I had tuning problems though then - quite a bit actually and I was also on very low boost. when I find my slip I will take a pic n post it. the above time was on 6 lbs. it's on 8.5 now and feels much faster.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

i could probably get into the 11s soon but if I supercharge the 5.0 I'd be talkin 10s but then again it's another $10k outta my pocket-probably more.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
when I first put the SC on it was 12.2 sec. I had tuning problems though then - quite a bit actually and I was also on very low boost. when I find my slip I will take a pic n post it. the above time was on 6 lbs. it's on 8.5 now and feels much faster.
I'm sure it's fast and you have pride in building it and I do respect the car but you will always want a 5.0 or else you would've never made this post am I correct? We ALL want a 5.0. That's why I traded my 3.7 for my boss. It's a whole different animal. But it's your car your decision, but to me it's not even a question. Trade it.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
SoberGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sierra Vista
Region: Arizona
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

I'm sure it's fast and you have pride in building it and I do respect the car but you will always want a 5.0 or else you would've never made this post am I correct? We ALL want a 5.0. That's why I traded my 3.7 for my boss. It's a whole different animal. But it's your car your decision, but to me it's not even a question. Trade it.

By far the best line this whole thread "but you will always want a 5.0 or else you would've never made this post am I correct?"

Well said BoB
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberGT View Post

By far the best line this whole thread "but you will always want a 5.0 or else you would've never made this post am I correct?"

Well said BoB
Hey I call it like I see it.

He already knows what he is going to do anyways
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
SoberGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sierra Vista
Region: Arizona
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Hey I call it like I see it.
So wise. I shall follow you and all your wisdom lmao
SoberGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
curtin1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 964
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberGT View Post

By far the best line this whole thread "but you will always want a 5.0 or else you would've never made this post am I correct?"

Well said BoB
Once Again I wouldn't do it but
These guys do have a good point .
__________________
Corey
curtin1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
when I first put the SC on it was 12.2 sec. I had tuning problems though then - quite a bit actually and I was also on very low boost. when I find my slip I will take a pic n post it. the above time was on 6 lbs. it's on 8.5 now and feels much faster.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

i could probably get into the 11s soon but if I supercharge the 5.0 I'd be talkin 10s but then again it's another $10k outta my pocket-probably more.
With $10k u can forge the internals & turn up the boost & some! Real question to me would be.. What power are u looking to put down when it's all said & done?? If u wanna get over over 600 then I'd trade it & start modding the 5.0. If urs was N/A then it would be a no brainer but I doesn't seem like an even trade to me b/c of all the $, time & effort put into it!?
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberGT View Post

By far the best line this whole thread "but you will always want a 5.0 or else you would've never made this post am I correct?"

Well said BoB
+1
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
so my friend wants to trade me his lightly modded 5.0 for my procharged 3.7 mainly because of gas. as of right now ican afford the gas of the 5.0 and insurance. my 3.7 has:

procharger tuner kit
4.10 gears
Dyno tune
cai
LT headers
catted x pipe
Borla atak axle backs
springs
sway bars
80 lb injectors
raptor trans
auto

he has:

cai
bama tune
3.73 gears
auto

and numerous exterior upgrades

I smoke him when we race but the 5.0 has more potential and more Hp/tq gained per mod I believe. his sounds better obviously cuz it's a 5.0.

the opportunity came up and it maybe a stupid question but I want y'all's opinions. thanks
I vote for you to keep your ride. Bro, you got a pony that's running 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. Dude, that's awesome. With your supercharger and mods you have to be pushing close too or more than 500 HP. Bro, good lord, that's crazy sweet. Why get caught up in the everybody wants a 5.0 nonsense. Dude, you have the ultimate sleeper stang. Be proud of your pony. Punk that 5.0. Lol. Sure the 5.0 is awesome and so is your pony.

Would I like to have a 420 HP , 390 torque mustang, heck yeah. Am I willing to pay for it, balls no. Lol. I don't care if its a 5.0, 3.7, 4.6, 2.3 engine. Fast is fast, 420 HP is 420 HP and it can be a 3 cylinder engine for all I give a hoot.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
well it looks like I'm keeping the 3.7. don't have much choice. my buddy wants a 2014 camaro ss. dick. I hope he knows I'll crush him when he drives off that car lot.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
well it looks like I'm keeping the 3.7. don't have much choice. my buddy wants a 2014 camaro ss. dick. I hope he knows I'll crush him when he drives off that car lot.
Dude. He is getting rid of his 5.0 for a Camaro. What a puts your friend is. Lmao. I'll beat the SS. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Dude. He is getting rid of his 5.0 for a Camaro. What a puts your friend is. Lmao. I'll beat the SS. Lol
I can't believe it. I'm literally stunned.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post

I can't believe it. I'm literally stunned.
Did your buddy ride the short bus to school and eat lead paint chips Lmao. Just kidding .
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Did your buddy ride the short bus to school and eat lead paint chips Lmao. Just kidding .
Lmfao bro
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
I'm so pissed. not really because of the loss of a 5.0 but just cuz he is going slowmaro. idk if he Should be my friend anymore...lol jk

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

but he is a dumba**
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Did your buddy ride the short bus to school and eat lead paint chips Lmao. Just kidding .
Lmfao!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
andregayola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: newark
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,201
U wana make him feel worse? If he's getting the ss beat him with your stang n then be like looks like its even slower than ur 5.0
__________________
1999 V6
Sonic Blue
Mods - Eibach Super sports
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by andregayola View Post
U wana make him feel worse? If he's getting the ss beat him with your stang n then be like looks like its even slower than ur 5.0
haha yeah dude. will do. he said he's gonna beat me when he puts a tune n cai on his ss. lmao
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Wait didn't he want better MPG?? So he's going to an uglier slower car & still gonna get bad MPG! Smh.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
andregayola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: newark
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,201
Worse the ss is worse in gas
__________________
1999 V6
Sonic Blue
Mods - Eibach Super sports
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
so my friend wants to trade me his lightly modded 5.0 for my procharged 3.7 mainly because of gas. as of right now ican afford the gas of the 5.0 and insurance. my 3.7 has:

procharger tuner kit
4.10 gears
Dyno tune
cai
LT headers
catted x pipe
Borla atak axle backs
springs
sway bars
80 lb injectors
raptor trans
auto

he has:

cai
bama tune
3.73 gears
auto

and numerous exterior upgrades

I smoke him when we race but the 5.0 has more potential and more Hp/tq gained per mod I believe. his sounds better obviously cuz it's a 5.0.

the opportunity came up and it maybe a stupid question but I want y'all's opinions. thanks
Do it, AFTER we race my 5.0 has more than him buddy
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Well, it's a little late but I would have said 5.0 all the way with a seat swap. My 5.0 ran a 12.89 with nothing done to it but drag radials. You've got like $10k more into your car than I do mine and may only be a second faster. If your buddy wasn't a loser he could have thrown a $700 100shot on his 5.0 and the races would be completely different.

The new 3.7s are pretty beast for what they are though, and I am a huge advocate of being different. I've seen new v6s beat new edge and 05-09 GT's like they were running a clinic lol! I'm sure your 3.7 is a monster, so it would be a really tough decision if it were my car. I know my post is kind of contradictory, but I think it is because when you own a car it's easier said than done to get rid of it. I still have my first car from when I was 16.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
13 stang22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: fort worth
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Well, it's a little late but I would have said 5.0 all the way with a seat swap. My 5.0 ran a 12.89 with nothing done to it but drag radials. You've got like $10k more into your car than I do mine and may only be a second faster. If your buddy wasn't a loser he could have thrown a $700 100shot on his 5.0 and the races would be completely different.

The new 3.7s are pretty beast for what they are though, and I am a huge advocate of being different. I've seen new v6s beat new edge and 05-09 GT's like they were running a clinic lol! I'm sure your 3.7 is a monster, so it would be a really tough decision if it were my car. I know my post is kind of contradictory, but I think it is because when you own a car it's easier said than done to get rid of it. I still have my first car from when I was 16.
I know man. couldn't agree more. he gets whatever he wants though when it comes to money so it didn't mean anything to him. I've worked very hard with my 3.7 through all the bs and troubles that came along. I have finally gotten it right and am jus so hesitant to sell it but it's too late now so I'm jus gonna be happy with my 3.7.
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gordito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CG
Region: Arizona
Posts: 374
I'm happy you didn't trade and end up hurting your cars feelings They have hearts too you know! You should apologize for even considering it
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:54 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.