I'm at my dealer!!! And... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
bigmac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cleburne
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,036
To flip them, I've already been doing it with success.

You are comparing apples and oranges here. Flipping cars and buying one as a keeper are two different things and philosophies. When buying a car for a permanent addition to your stable you look at cost totally different. You theoretically are never going to part with it. Whether you do or not doesn't matter. I have kept most of my cars a minimum of ten years and get my money out of them all. Their demise has usually been as a result of something drastic (wreck, blown component, divorce).
__________________
Frank
1989 Blue LX Hatchback
2001 Red SVT Cobra Convertible (Phoenix)
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
RocknCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
To flip them, I've already been doing it with success.

You are comparing apples and oranges here. Flipping cars and buying one as a keeper are two different things and philosophies. When buying a car for a permanent addition to your stable you look at cost totally different. You theoretically are never going to part with it. Whether you do or not doesn't matter. I have kept most of my cars a minimum of ten years and get my money out of them all. Their demise has usually been as a result of something drastic (wreck, blown component, divorce).
Lol if you can't handle relationships you can't balance a checkbook
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
351stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Pas, Mb
Region: Canada
Posts: 443
I would love to have a brand new 5.0L, my buddy bought and put LT's and an x-pipe on it and got a tuner with a 93 octane tune. But no way I would drop that much money into a new car when I could totally rebuild the old car, paint it, put all the upgrades I want into it an make it over 500rwhp for $20000 all said and done. Who knows. Maybe even less since my hatch already has lowered suspension (control arms, shocks, springs), strut tower brace, frame connectors, full off road exhaust, rebuilt 8.8, heavy duty shafts, and a few other goodies. It just needs a fresh motor and its good to go.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #39
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Ok guys. Op didn't post this thread for financial direction. He just bought a new car, lets be happy for him and move along. Congrats on the ride, nice color.

...and moving to the General mustang discussion section. This section is intended for tech related discussion.
Thanks primer2tone. Some people aren't happy unless they are picking someone apart or maybe they just like to hear themselves talk. Either way I'm happy and in the end that's all that matters.

If I would take the loan out for 5 years at 3.9% it would be $665 a month. The sticker on the car is $34500. I'm paying $33500 after discounts, down payment and roll over. Add taxes/fees and it put it just over $36800. So in the end I'm going to pay an extra $3400. Is that really such a terrible financial division? The way some guys were talking you thing I was paying double for the car. If I want each income tax I could put $1000 on it and it would be paid off in less than 5 years. Like I said it's amazing how people think they know what is best for others. They need to walk in those shoes before giving any advice!!! I can afford the car and that's all that matters. A special thanks to all of you who wished me happy b-day which is not till the 23rd and thanks to all who are happy for me. I finally got my second 5.0 it took 20 more years but it will be in my garage!!!

FYI...Every person who owns a V6, if you could swing it and afford a 5.0 no matter if it was 60, 66, 72, 75 or what ever number of months. You would go after it. I ran the numbers and the extra $3400 is worth it. I was happy with my 6er but never truly satisfied. When I bought it I thought I would be.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
RedSleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 417
Happy birthday!

Congrats on the nice car, there!

Let us all know how you enjoy it, sir!
__________________
Loving the days when you travel down to Mexico to push your car to the limits!
RedSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
RocknCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post
I'm not saying that having more cars is better, all I was doing was showing what I imagine happening in my life in 3 months over 6 years.

It doesn't matter if I'm 18 or 58, people who bring age into things are just insecure with themselves and try to make them feel better by saying I'm older so I know more. Just because someone is young doesn't mean that they aren't knowledgable.

If you're 43 and have to have a 75 month mortgage for a car then something is severely wrong financially.
Lol knock it off kid! you don't have enough life experience to know the difference between right and wrong! move out, pay rent, utilities, phone bill, pay for your own college, and more importantly... GROW UP! get off the thread you jack***.

You're 18. that's as insecure as it gets
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
GreenBean 1809's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Troy, ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 204
Yep
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1110132967.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	121565   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1473381114.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	121566  

GreenBean 1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
RocknCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Well then :p
I'm just gonna say congratulations!!!! Happy birthday!!!!
Not gonna say my age
I might get an e-flogging
LOL
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #44
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknCali View Post

Lol if you can't handle relationships you can't balance a checkbook
I can actually handle money a lot better than relationships lol.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

But to the OP, congrats on the new car! Don't listen to any of those guys, you got a new 5.0, be happy.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Region: New Mexico
Posts: 484
Keyboard commando combat operations.
Lol

As typed earlier...congrats to the OP. You don't owe a single one of us an explanation.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
RocknCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post
Keyboard commando combat operations.
Lol

As typed earlier...congrats to the OP. You don't owe a single one of us an explanation.
+1
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #47
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Well, I'm old, and I got tired of reading the "whos more wiser than who" postings. I deleted those. Lets get off the old verses young, and let the buyer enjoy the purchase!

Geez, thanks for making me feel old.

But my house is almost paid for....tee hee.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post

Thanks primer2tone. Some people aren't happy unless they are picking someone apart or maybe they just like to hear themselves talk. Either way I'm happy and in the end that's all that matters.

If I would take the loan out for 5 years at 3.9% it would be $665 a month. The sticker on the car is $34500. I'm paying $33500 after discounts, down payment and roll over. Add taxes/fees and it put it just over $36800. So in the end I'm going to pay an extra $3400. Is that really such a terrible financial division? The way some guys were talking you thing I was paying double for the car. If I want each income tax I could put $1000 on it and it would be paid off in less than 5 years. Like I said it's amazing how people think they know what is best for others. They need to walk in those shoes before giving any advice!!! I can afford the car and that's all that matters. A special thanks to all of you who wished me happy b-day which is not till the 23rd and thanks to all who are happy for me. I finally got my second 5.0 it took 20 more years but it will be in my garage!!!

FYI...Every person who owns a V6, if you could swing it and afford a 5.0 no matter if it was 60, 66, 72, 75 or what ever number of months. You would go after it. I ran the numbers and the extra $3400 is worth it. I was happy with my 6er but never truly satisfied. When I bought it I thought I would be.
I'm tellin ya check out Penfed.org it's how I got my car and I'm paying 1.49 apr over 5 years. they go higher that that also. it'll save you TONS!
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
JAC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 519
Congrats.


They are doing 0% on all models by me last week. I was tempted to do the same thing you did but instead I bought new wheels instead. Plus the wife said I could look at the 2015 gt if I like it. Love that girl.

Fordofmurfreesboro. Not sure if its still going on but I think ford is doing 0 for 60 on 2013 s still? Couldn't tell if it was a 14 or not. But they sell a ton on eBay.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:50 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.