I'm at my dealer!!! And... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: New York
I'm at my dealer!!! And...

Looks like this is mine... Waiting for the bank to say yes or no...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3185996148.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	537.1 KB
ID:	121454

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3368789990.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	445.0 KB
ID:	121455
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Why in the v6 section??

And you gotta down payment for this bad boy?
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Nice breh. Hopefully they approve your loan.
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Why in the v6 section??

And you gotta down payment for this bad boy?
Because I'm still a V6 owner. It not set in stone. Yes I have a deposit. Just waiting on ford credit for a answer.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Try to go through a credit union for a loan
Old 07-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Try to go through a credit union for a loan
I have to take it out for 75 months to keep the payments out of the $600 range. Credit union will not go out that far not to mention I'm rolling over $2000 thats after my $1000 down payment. I'm a member of one and they told they will not roll money over from the payoff of my V6. I paid off my motorcycle last month $4300 so I could afford this car. Dealer said they will know by noon tomorrow. Can't freaking wait!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Geez...
Old 07-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post
I have to take it out for 75 months to keep the payments out of the $600 range. Credit union will not go out that far not to mention I'm rolling over $2000 thats after my $1000 down payment. I'm a member of one and they told they will not roll money over from the payoff of my V6. I paid off my motorcycle last month $4300 so I could afford this car. Dealer said they will know by noon tomorrow. Can't freaking wait!!!
This is an unbelievably terrible financial decision, even assuming you get the lowest rate Ford offers for that financing option.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Better off selling your car on auto trader, then starting over...

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2
This is an unbelievably terrible financial decision, even assuming you get the lowest rate Ford offers for that financing option.
+1

Was thinking the same exact thing
Old 07-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
+1000000000

I have done it before. I give it 6 months, maybe a year before you really regret it. From that point forward, you have to live with it for years until the car is paid off since you will be so far upside down that you don't have a choice.!

I know you will still do it because you are now emotionally invested. If nothing else, be sure you have gap insurance. You are only one bad accident away from financial ruin when you total it and insurance only pays blue book and you are on the hook for the rest.

Disclaimer: i do not know you or pretend to know you. My comments are based entirely on my own moronic choices.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

If you can "afford" the payment just do it. We don't know your financial situation. Maybe you make 100k and rolling over a small ammount of negative equity doesn't matter. If you just paid $4300 to get the title on your bike you must be doing something right. Most folks don't have $4,000 in the bank. You only live once
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:22 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
You only live once
Pretty sure that's all the more reason not to make terrible decisions. That phrase is idiotic.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:32 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Wow it amazing so many of you know my financial situation and think I'm making a terrible decision. Ok let me break this down for you and prove you wrong!!!

My current V6 payment is $457

I get the GT at a discount threw my employer with the GE/Ford X-Plan the sticker price in just over $34500 with the discount in my area I get a discount just short of $2000 now when adding the $1000 down payment and the roll over of $2000 the price with tax is $35845. The dealer told me my payments will be around $575. I went to a car payment calculator and the interest rate at 75 months is approximately 6%. 75 months sound like a lot but it's only 3 months over 6 years.

With the difference in payment, insurance and gas. I estimate the GT will cost me an extra $50 a week over what I'm paying now.

I mentioned I paid off my motorcycle which was $215 a month so I'm actually saving $15 a month and I will own a 420hp GT.

Trust me 6 months from now I will never regret it!!!

Pease out!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Really nice bro, early congratulations
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
If you can "afford" the payment just do it. We don't know your financial situation. Maybe you make 100k and rolling over a small ammount of negative equity doesn't matter. If you just paid $4300 to get the title on your bike you must be doing something right. Most folks don't have $4,000 in the bank. You only live once
+1,000,000 you get and yeah I have a great job. Just sounds like some guys are guessing at the situation and were wrong. Or maybe some are just jealous. Who knows? I know I'm not getting screwed I have good credit and before I left the dealer they are confident the car is mine there is a sold sign on it. My pickup date is Saturday morning.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
Really nice bro, early congratulations
Thanks man this is my early birthday present to myself. I'll be 43 and not getting younger!!! Best part my wheels, lowering springs and pan hard bar are coming off the V6 and going on the GT. The CAI and tuner will be up for sale and I will be buying one for the GT.

Super excited.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:51 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

check out www.penfed.org

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
check out www.penfed.org
0.49 apr and they refinance cars.
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Pretty sure that's all the more reason not to make terrible decisions. That phrase is idiotic.
The phrase itself can't be idiotic because it is an indisputable fact. You only live once. That's a fact. If I had followed " You only live once" with some sort of statement that could be called foolish or stupid, then you could say it was an idiotic phrase.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:58 PM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

When I bought my '13 GT, my salesguy fixed me with 5.99%. When it went to the business manager for closing, he found a bank with 3.99%. After making the first payment, my credit union called me with a loan sale. They would refinance with no closing where they dropped the rate 2% and gave me a $500 Visa card to go with them. So I went from 5.99% to 1.99% and payments dropped $72/mo. Deals are there for those who shop. I just don't understand the 3-day wait. My whole deal took less than 2 hours from picking out car to driving home.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:58 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
+2, way too much money and you have a Mustang that's in great shape. A new car isn't worth putting yourself in that much debt.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1,000,000 you get and yeah I have a great job. Just sounds like some guys are guessing at the situation and were wrong. Or maybe some are just jealous. Who knows? I know I'm not getting screwed I have good credit and before I left the dealer they are confident the car is mine there is a sold sign on it. My pickup date is Saturday morning.
Good for you. Enjoy yourself. It'll make you smile everyday. That in itself is worth the extra $$$
Old 07-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #23
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

...this is my early birthday present to myself. I'll be 43 and not getting younger!!!

Happy birthday, oh to be 43 again, I'm 61.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:19 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:

The phrase itself can't be idiotic because it is an indisputable fact. You only live once. That's a fact. If I had followed " You only live once" with some sort of statement that could be called foolish or stupid, then you could say it was an idiotic phrase.
I read it as using that phrase to justify poor decision making is idiotic. I agree for the most part that, "YOLO" or any other way it's put is sort of dumb. Especially if that one life is lived in self induced variations of ruin.

My kid says, "look both ways crossing the street, YOLO!"

As for the OP, best of luck man! Hope it all works out for you. Nice car. My reply was not directed at you.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post

I read it as using that phrase to justify poor decision making is idiotic. I agree for the most part that, "YOLO" or any other way it's put is sort of dumb. Especially if that one life is lived in self induced variations of ruin.

My kid says, "look both ways crossing the street, YOLO!"

As for the OP, best of luck man! Hope it all works out for you. Nice car. My reply was not directed at you.
"My kid says, "look both ways crossing the street, YOLO!" "

That's not even a sentence
Old 07-31-2013, 11:35 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:

"My kid says, "look both ways crossing the street, YOLO!" "

That's not even a sentence
Omfg...are you one of those guys? Lol

It was a joke.
Six7One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow it amazing so many of you know my financial situation and think I'm making a terrible decision. Ok let me break this down for you and prove you wrong!!!
Proving me wrong on that point isn't possible since regardless of your situation, this is a bad financial decision. It's really only a matter of how much effect you will feel from it. thejohncarlson is correct, you're emotionally invested so it's not like anything we say really matters. Hence the attempt to rationalize your decision by stating people who don't agree with you are just jealous.

Quote:
My current V6 payment is $457

I get the GT at a discount threw my employer with the GE/Ford X-Plan the sticker price in just over $34500 with the discount in my area I get a discount just short of $2000 now when adding the $1000 down payment and the roll over of $2000 the price with tax is $35845. The dealer told me my payments will be around $575. I went to a car payment calculator and the interest rate at 75 months is approximately 6%. 75 months sound like a lot but it's only 3 months over 6 years.
$457 with how many months left?
75 months is a long time for a monthly payment of $575, but like you stated you feel you can afford it (although your statement that doing $600 is too much makes this slightly dubious. If you have to take out a loan for more than 5 years due to the payments you really shouldn't be buying the car). At that rate, over the life of the loan you'll be paying about $7300 in interest so your car will really cost you about $43145. (This also assumes you don't add anything else on like the GAP coverage that I find probable that your company might require you to get, of course this depends on the insurer.) Regardless of what you believe, you are getting screwed in this deal with an interest rate like that (or anywhere near that) over such a long period.

Quote:
With the difference in payment, insurance and gas. I estimate the GT will cost me an extra $50 a week over what I'm paying now.
An extra $75 a month in gas and insurance? I guess it heavily depends on how much you drive and what kind of coverage you have now.

Quote:
I mentioned I paid off my motorcycle which was $215 a month so I'm actually saving $15 a month and I will own a 420hp GT.
That doesn't make much logical sense, but I suppose it depends on your definition of "save" in this context.

Quote:
Trust me 6 months from now I will never regret it!!!

Pease out!!!
That's for you to decide. I do hope you enjoy your car and wish you the best with it.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six7One View Post

Omfg...are you one of those guys? Lol

It was a joke.
Sometimes. I'm working on it though
Old 08-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #29
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Ok guys. Op didn't post this thread for financial direction. He just bought a new car, lets be happy for him and move along. Congrats on the ride, nice color.

...and moving to the General mustang discussion section. This section is intended for tech related discussion.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I don't care what anyone says but when you buy a new car you will not "save" anything. At the end of the day you really need to sit down and figure out just how much, not just this car but any car, will cost you a day and see if it is worth it. You're paying over $40K for a car that when its finished and payed for in "only 3 months over 6 years" will not even be worth half. Just think, in "only 3 months over 6 years" it will be 2020, I'll be 24 and hopefully wealthier, happier and more dependent than I am now, I'll probably just now start seriously thinking about settling down an starting my own family an will have owned at least 10 other vehicles and you? Well you'll finally be the proud owner of a payed off 7 year old, out I date mustang with at least 120,000 miles on it worth $8-12K. But I think it's safe to assume that you won't have it, because you will have traded it in an made another "great" deal on another car.

Now I know what I say will probably get picked apart, but I'm just trying to put things in perspective of just how long and how much money is being wasted.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:40 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post
I don't care what anyone says but when you buy a new car you will not "save" anything. At the end of the day you really need to sit down and figure out just how much, not just this car but any car, will cost you a day and see if it is worth it. You're paying over $40K for a car that when its finished and payed for in "only 3 months over 6 years" will not even be worth half. Just think, in "only 3 months over 6 years" it will be 2020, I'll be 24 and hopefully wealthier, happier and more dependent than I am now, I'll probably just now start seriously thinking about settling down an starting my own family an will have owned at least 10 other vehicles and you? Well you'll finally be the proud owner of a payed off 7 year old, out I date mustang with at least 120,000 miles on it worth $8-12K. But I think it's safe to assume that you won't have it, because you will have traded it in an made another "great" deal on another car.

Now I know what I say will probably get picked apart, but I'm just trying to put things in perspective of just how long and how much money is being wasted.
Because you're 18, we won't beat you up... but I will say because u prolly didn't read my last post; just because you have a 75 month contract doesn't mean you can't pay it off early and "save" money on the interest...

Like MODs said, just congratulate the OP, geez.

Everyone thinks their thoughts are worth .02, but if I were OP I would anyone of you crap for them.
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post

You save a lot in repair costs when you buy new. Thats something I imagine you will be very familiar with switching cars so often. Why else would you possible want to have 10 cars in a 6 year period if it isn't to go from one piece of trash to the next?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your new GT ....... Have fun you'll love it!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

You save a lot in repair costs when you buy new. Thats something I imagine you will be very familiar with switching cars so often. Why else would you possible want to have 10 cars in a 6 year period if it isn't to go from one piece of trash to the next?
To flip them, I've already been doing it with success.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Lol at the direction this thread has gone, 18 year olds lecturing 43 year olds on financial decisions. If you can afford it more power to you. Good luck with whatever decision you make.
GreenBean 1809 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion