Welp, left knee MRI came back worse... Might sell my 98... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Welp, left knee MRI came back worse... Might sell my 98...

Going to seriously consider selling my 98 GT. Will have to go auto it looks like or at least wait for possible surgery or time to heal the knee before I get into another 5 spd. I kind of am hoping for the latter as I would LOVE to get back into a clean low mileage garage queen 94/95 Crystal White Cobra with a black interior. Like the one I sold on a whim... If not then a 04 GT auto or 04 Mach Auto or an 05-09 GT Auto. Blargh, not a happy camper right meow...

2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
That car looks brand new
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Yellow automatic mach1!!!
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
That car looks brand new

Yeah there is some minor corrosion on the underbody but nothing like a normal car of this age and no rust issues at all. Its about as good looking as a SN95 as you'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
Yellow automatic mach1!!!
You know, I like the Yellow and apparently they are way cheaper because I am in the minority. A guy at work has a 2003 Yellow 5 spd and he was telling me that the blue and DSG ones are a LOT more expensive. If I get an auto mach it will HAVE to be an 04 for the 4r75w.

It'd probably be down to a 2004 Automatic Mach or if my knee gets better I'll keep this one or get back into a 5.0 Cobra. I miss my old 5.0 Cobra, those cars are PERFECT IMO. Best motor, updated SN95 body and its a numbered car. Or that's just me getting nostalgic again because the 04 Mach would be a WAY better car to keep for the long haul...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

Yeah there is some minor corrosion on the underbody but nothing like a normal car of this age and no rust issues at all. Its about as good looking as a SN95 as you'll see...

You know, I like the Yellow and apparently they are way cheaper because I am in the minority. A guy at work has a 2003 Yellow 5 spd and he was telling me that the blue and DSG ones are a LOT more expensive. If I get an auto mach it will HAVE to be an 04 for the 4r75w.

It'd probably be down to a 2004 Automatic Mach or if my knee gets better I'll keep this one or get back into a 5.0 Cobra. I miss my old 5.0 Cobra, those cars are PERFECT IMO. Best motor, updated SN95 body and its a numbered car. Or that's just me getting nostalgic again because the 04 Mach would be a WAY better car to keep for the long haul...
Is there a screaming yellow mach 1?
Old 07-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

I don't know the actual color but his is an 03 Yellow Mach. Its a 5 spd too which most were. I know if I want an 04 automatic in the condition I want I'm probably going to have to travel and pay $15k plus at least... The 94/95 Cobra is a WAY better buy IMO, just have to make sure I'm ok with a 5 spd before I do anything or nothing if I don't sell my 98. Nobody wants 94/95 Cobras for some reason, you can pick one up with next to no miles for $10k and that's a badass car. Underrated from the factory and make more like 260-270hp. Perfect car do to bolt ons/s-trim and have a 500whp sleeper.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't know the actual color but his is an 03 Yellow Mach. Its a 5 spd too which most were. I know if I want an 04 automatic in the condition I want I'm probably going to have to travel and pay $15k plus at least... The 94/95 Cobra is a WAY better buy IMO, just have to make sure I'm ok with a 5 spd before I do anything or nothing if I don't sell my 98. Nobody wants 94/95 Cobras for some reason, you can pick one up with next to no miles for $10k and that's a badass car. Underrated from the factory and make more like 260-270hp. Perfect car do to bolt ons/s-trim and have a 500whp sleeper.
I've always wanted to build a chrome yellow 5.0 cobra with a 331 turbo and built auto tranny
Old 07-31-2013, 10:58 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

If I was going to get another 5.0 Cobra it would be one of the sub 30k mile ones I see pop up on the Corral every now and then. All the "bolt ons" and a S-trim and I'd call it a day. At 450whp I don't see the need to go any crazier on a car that would be a garage queen and rarely raced. In all honesty though, I do think an 04 Mach automatic would be the best thing for my situation seeing as I am probably going to sell my 98 because its a manual and my left knee is messed up.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Going to seriously consider selling my 98 GT. Will have to go auto it looks like or at least wait for possible surgery or time to heal the knee before I get into another 5 spd. I kind of am hoping for the latter as I would LOVE to get back into a clean low mileage garage queen 94/95 Crystal White Cobra with a black interior. Like the one I sold on a whim... If not then a 04 GT auto or 04 Mach Auto or an 05-09 GT Auto. Blargh, not a happy camper right meow...

This ur dd?
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Dang brother. That's like superman selling his cape.

If u sell, are u gonna have the replacement in the driveway the same day? Lol. I hate to hear it. What all have u done to this one?
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
This ur dd?
No but it might be in the near future if I get this knee straightened out. Depends on how long my Mazda 6 with near 150k lasts lol. This 98 is nice but its not so super nice as to not drive in the rain. Snow is one thing but rain will not do much to hurt it if I wax it relatively often and wash it every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Dang brother. That's like superman selling his cape.

If u sell, are u gonna have the replacement in the driveway the same day? Lol. I hate to hear it. What all have u done to this one?
Eh, its just a GT and I'd say its a solid 8.5/10 as far as condition. If I am going to have to get an Automatic its probably going to be an 04 Mach 1 so I can have a valid reason for garaging it and being nuts about putting miles on it haha. If I do NOT have to get an auto... I still might sell this 98 and get myself a really low mileage 94/95 Cobra like the one I sold. Or even try to find a 93 fox Cobra but those are pricier.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:29 AM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff

Followup with an orthopedic doctor yesterday. "extensive cartilage deterioration and arthritis" in that knee. I asked if I should be driving a stick shift and he looked at me and was like "really?". Yeah... probably going to do a photo shoot and list it for sale this week/weekend... If anyone in NJ wants it let me know before it goes on sale LMK. As long as it sells the hunt will start for a 2004 Mach 1 Automatic next year.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Car is listed for sale in the classifieds/CL/Corral/SVTP etc... I'll see if it sells for what I want. If not I'll keep it and swap to auto but I'd rather get one already done.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion