Need Some Insight on Purchasing a Used 2012 Mustang GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Need Some Insight on Purchasing a Used 2012 Mustang GT

Okay guys,

I am looking at a used Mustang GT (2012) with about 13.5k miles. Its in immaculate condition. The owner said it was repo'd and he bought it on the spot (this was in Arizona) and had it shipped to his place in OH. He treats it like a baby by not taking it out into the rain or winter and claims to not drive it hard. Still has a year on warranty for b2b. Clean title and carfax.

I am just a little weary of getting a USED GT as I feel like the owner of any V8 drove it really hard and that would possibly make it a bad decision? I was wondering if there are any red flags I should look out for on it? Is this car capable of being driven hard without any problem?

I looked around for someone asking about used GT's but I couldn't really find anything.

Thanks.
Thenervemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
If it was repo'd, he didn't buy it on the spot. The owner of the car, would have to repo it and depending on the state, would have to hold it for the original owner to catch up on his payments. Then it would usually go to auction. Where is it titled at? How do you know this wasn't a salvaged car in Arizona and now has a Ohio title? What kind of place does the current owner have? Is he a car dealer? New and Used cars or used only?

How much does he want? Wants the KBB say its worth?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #3

Region: New York
I bought a used 2012 GT recently....
I think it comes down to what the previous owner is like. when looking at dealers, I found a lot of accident cars, ex rentals.... didn't leave a good feeling

I found an owner who was older, took great care of the car, and seemed responsable. He did a few mods, but nothing major, and kept the car great. I got a decent price, but didn't hammer him on it as honestly, i wanted that one, and althoguh I could get one from a dealer for a few $$ cheaper, this was accident free, had remote start, had tints, had the history, had a front lip. It was worth more to me to get the accident free, responsible owner and those mods.

in your case, you are talking about 2 owners...... the current guy for his mileage, and the guy it got repoed from. How long as this guy had the car?
Chrisk327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Okay finally had time to respond.

He is asking around 24k which is about KBB, but the thing is pristine.

The car was repo'd with like 3k miles on it and he bought it off a dealership in Cali, Everything is clean. Title is in OHIO. He originally bought it in 2011 and claims to not have driven it hard and really is taking good care of it. Only selling to get extra money for his house.

Its is a private seller. He seems pretty cool. " aka not shady"
Old 08-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
IDK about who you're buying it from...But I bought my 12 GT 3 months ago and it has been awesome...except the crap Perrelli tires. I got mine from the local Ford Dealer, it came with 7 year 120k warranty. It had 9k miles and I paid $25k...If this helps
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I got mine out the door for 31 and its a 12 gt premium auto.... Manual (dont know if yours is) is 1500 cheaper so now your looking at 29500 and then premium (don't know if yours is) drops it atleast 2-3000 so we will say your looking at 26500-27500 and as I said out the door. So minus tax title and registration ~ which I really have no clue say atleast 1500 so now 25500-26500. And mine was brand new on the lot with the 13's sitting beside it. Soooooo. 25000 I would not be buyin, being owned by 2 people already and not know who the 1st owner was. That car seems like its travel a lot. But to answer your one question. These car enjoy being drove hard. But you can tell how hard by the rear tires compared to the mileage on the car. Deals are out there. I drove 2 hours to get mine off a lot. You can get a brand new 13 gt with rebates for pretty cheap. 13 gt base manual starts at 3100. Minus the ford rebate of 3000 your looking at 28000 and its newer.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the insight. ha. im looking to prolly go more towards a 2012, i dont know if i can justify ~29000 right now.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenervemann View Post
Thanks for the insight. ha. im looking to prolly go more towards a 2012, i dont know if i can justify ~29000 right now.
Get the 12, they don't have those fugly taillights.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #9

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenervemann View Post
Thats why I got my 12. I honestly had trouble deciding to spend the 32K plus tax on the new premium I wanted, plus tint, plus remote start, plus.....

Not that the car doesn't seem worth it..... but I was more looking to spend in the middle teens on an 05-09 with low miles, then decided I'd take a look at the cheap end of the 11 and newers with the coyote which was really enticing.

plus... gotta weigh the sweet HIDs and a few more standard features against that ugly tail and vented hood......
Chrisk327 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
2012 mustang