Mustang got door checked - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Mustang got door checked

So I had to drive the Mustang to work last week, because my taillight was out on the motorcycle. I have driven it to work before and everyone is very careful around it, so I park in my normal spot thinking it would be safe. I was wrong. I came out to get in her to head home an noticed a 2013 Dart was parked rather close. So as I always do when someone parks that close to me I do a walk around to check her out. Low an behold what do I see 1st thing, a freaking white mark on my rear quarter with a ding an a paint chip. I take down the license # and head back inside to have the sob paged to the parking lot. Before I get inside I figured I better call the misses to let her know. Good thing I did because she calmed me down an told me to call the police so I wouldn't get myself into trouble. Any way cops show up run the tag, get the sob to the parking lot an he says he will take care of it. He said he had no idea he done that. I think he is a liar. If you bump the car the alarm chirps at you. Freaking ppl. Just thought I would share that with everyone.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
The car is 10 years old and you baby it like its new? I commend you for that!

I can't believe the police showed up for a door ding! I commend your local PD or Sheriffs department for that!

I hope the guy in the dart is true to his word. I wonder how his tone would have been if the cop wasn't there?

I watched a lady's kid kick her door open into my truck and I walked up to her mother and told her, that was my truck and she's responsible for the damage. She literally walked into the Walmart laughing at me. I then called the police and told them what had happened. The dispatchers reply was, "You want me to send an officer out there for that? ...ok but it's gonna be awhile."

I didn't wait around but I did rip her driver side mirror off before I left. It was kinda petty but I did feel a little better.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Cool story man. Glad it worked out for you.
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustumb View Post
Old 08-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post

Lol I'm being honest here!

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Quote:

You're car is getting tons of attention btw
Kustumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

I can't believe the police showed up for a door ding! I commend your local PD or Sheriffs department for that!

I hope the guy in the dart is true to his word. I wonder how his tone would have been if the cop wasn't there?

I watched a lady's kid kick her door open into my truck and I walked up to her mother and told her, that was my truck and she's responsible for the damage. She literally walked into the Walmart laughing at me. I then called the police and told them what had happened. The dispatchers reply was, "You want me to send an officer out there for that? ...ok but it's gonna be awhile."

I didn't wait around but I did rip her driver side mirror off before I left. It was kinda petty but I did feel a little better.
I hope he honors his word too. I also had his supervisor come out an the HR department. Then I got his insurance info an told him if he didn't pay for damages I would turn it in to his insurance. He wanted to quotes. I have 1 so far. Going to get another today an give them to him. We will see what he says.

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote:
I am lucky he left his car there. It looked like he tried to wipe the evidence off his door. But I still seen it
Old 08-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RedfireGt View Post
So I had to drive the Mustang to work last week, because my taillight was out on the motorcycle. I have driven it to work before and everyone is very careful around it, so I park in my normal spot thinking it would be safe. I was wrong. I came out to get in her to head home an noticed a 2013 Dart was parked rather close. So as I always do when someone parks that close to me I do a walk around to check her out. Low an behold what do I see 1st thing, a freaking white mark on my rear quarter with a ding an a paint chip. I take down the license # and head back inside to have the sob paged to the parking lot. Before I get inside I figured I better call the misses to let her know. Good thing I did because she calmed me down an told me to call the police so I wouldn't get myself into trouble. Any way cops show up run the tag, get the sob to the parking lot an he says he will take care of it. He said he had no idea he done that. I think he is a liar. If you bump the car the alarm chirps at you. Freaking ppl. Just thought I would share that with everyone.
I know that feeling. Painted my f-150, parked in a parking lot the next day for 10 mins. Come back to my driver side fender caved it and the front bumper rolled downward and black rubber all over it. Turns out a bigger truck parked next to me and when they left they just turned out and hit my truck and drove away. Thank god for security cameras. Need less to say, traded the truck off and a couple months later flattened the tires (permanently) on the other truck.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote:

*thumb*.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
You Dreamed About......

Quote:

You mean in case anyone is reading this, YOU DREAMED ABOUT RIPPING HER MIRROR OFF IN YOUR SLEEP?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RedfireGt View Post
I have killed people for less...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #10
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

You mean in case anyone is reading this, YOU DREAMED ABOUT RIPPING HER MIRROR OFF IN YOUR SLEEP?
Lol
Old 08-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #11
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Lol I'm being honest here!

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

You're car is getting tons of attention btw
Awesome! I've gotta check it out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion