need input deciding on car choice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
need input deciding on car choice

I've narrowed my hunt down to a 14 GT Premium track pack and comfort package for 33,300 out the door or a 14 regular GT with Brembo and 3:73 gear for 29,900 out the door.
Both have 19" tires and 3:73 gear.
Any thoughts ?
Also, is there any down side to an 18" wheel versus 19" on the street if not racing or tracking ?
Thanks.
larietrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by larietrope View Post
I've narrowed my hunt down to a 14 GT Premium track pack and comfort package for 33,300 out the door or a 14 regular GT with Brembo and 3:73 gear for 29,900 out the door.
Both have 19" tires and 3:73 gear.
Any thoughts ?
Also, is there any down side to an 18" wheel versus 19" on the street if not racing or tracking ?
Thanks.
I'd go with premium track pack and comfort package. That's a good deal 33300 for both packages and being a 14. 18's won't feel up the wheel well as much. Tires will be cheaper for 18's and 20's over the 19's. 19's are most uncommon out of the three. But looks like ford is deff trying to put the 19 inch rim on the map.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Are these both in stock? If not in stock, why don't you order the combination? If they don't want to deal with you, go to another Ford Dealership.

I got my V6 for the price I wanted, it was in stock. I told them if they didn't want to sell it to me, order me a new one or I will go to another dealership and have them order it. With $20k down and they had the car in stock for almost 3 months, they backed down.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Depends on what your plans for the car are. Are you planning to do suspension work? Is this going to be a track car, a strip car, or just a really nice street machine?

If you're looking for something with a really nice interior, go for the premium with comfort package. If you're looking to save a little weight (with racing or modding in mind) and some cash, take the base.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Get the Premium and Comfort pack car. You'll like the car longer and resale will be higher at the end. The monetary difference can probably be whittled down a bit. You're spending a lot of money, you deserve better than the Checker-cab base interior.

19" wheels just have very expensive tires on them as really only OEMs use 19" wheels.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Get the Premium and Comfort pack car. You'll like the car longer and resale will be higher at the end. The monetary difference can probably be whittled down a bit. You're spending a lot of money, you deserve better than the Checker-cab base interior.

19" wheels just have very expensive tires on them as really only OEMs use 19" wheels.
^ I agree aswell. The base interior does save some money but the added premium and comfort package makes the car that much better! I was indecisive when i was about to purchase a 13'+ mustang but ended up with a 12' w/ premium since my dealers wouldn't deal on the price much.
PW12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
18s are superior for performance. Just look at track cars, they go with whatever size that can barely fit over their brakes.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Performance Package with Recaro's if you can find one. No question.......
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Damn! Prices on the new Mustangs have really dropped... buyers remorse!!
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Damn! Prices on the new Mustangs have really dropped... buyers remorse!!
+1!!!
I bought the 11 for... More. It's the premium I guess for being the first to have one!

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5.0 View Post
+1!!!
I bought the 11 for... More. It's the premium I guess for being the first to have one!
Mine was 35k out the door.. just premium, 3.73's, scoops and louvers, and the ugly 19's.. Track pack would have put me like at 38k... But I guess location matters.. there are not many 13's left in AZ..
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

It really depends on how much $$ you want to spend but if you can then I would get the track pack with comfort package because of the reason mention above about having a much higher re sale value. Mustangs depreciate quick as hell as it is. And from the looks of it the 15 is going to spike down the price of early models if it is a complete redesign Vehicle.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Moved to general mustang discussion

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion