Build the 2v or get a new 5.0?? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #71
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Turbo's more expensive and harder to install. Unless its on3 and I dont trust on3, to many horror stories. To much $$$ to spend on something that might work and fit
The horror stories half the time are installation error. There are PLENTY of cars making big power with them. I can refer you over to the corral for a huge power On3 2V Bullitt build that just got featured in MMFF. That car will assrape 99.9999999% of the cars it comes across which is what the owner built it for lol. Dude has vids of him putting bus lengths on a built LS2 stroker.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The horror stories half the time are installation error. There are PLENTY of cars making big power with them. I can refer you over to the corral for a huge power On3 2V Bullitt build that just got featured in MMFF. That car will assrape 99.9999999% of the cars it comes across which is what the owner built it for lol. Dude has vids of him putting bus lengths on a built LS2 stroker.
I read Idk if it was on here or not but that for my model the on3 kmember still has clearance and fitment issues...true or false?
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #73
Staff
Regular
Staff

Whoever told you that was full of ****. Probably some information recycler posting some nonsense he/she read on some other forum where someone was crying because they aren't capable of reading directions or researching that its a good idea to add gasket maker to the v bands and upgrade the clamps.

On3 Install on a modular

Dudes are making upwards and over 700whp on these kits with built 2Vs. The ppl who have issues are the dip****s who don't mock it all up first, adjust and use gasket maker on the v bands with $100 of better v band clamps. As far as the fit/finish of the piping its just fine.

The tubo Bullitt I mentioned made 680whp and has a lot more in it. IIRC dude is at 10.60 and still hasn't completely gotten it dialed in as far as his launches.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the link man, ill look more into it in a little bit
Old 09-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #75
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah I mean I'm not saying definitely get a Turbo but it's something to look at. Actually what a LOT of ppl are doing is just getting the headers/piping/intercooler and sourcing their own turbo/bov/wg. That'll push it up to more like $2500-$3k but still half the price of a Hellion and everything is stainless minus the headers which you can just ceramic coat and they'll last forever.

With all that said its no $1500 S trim as far as price and it might not be the best choice if you're staying stick shift. Might also want to look into the Tork Tech or a Kenne Bell setup of some sort. Lots of options out there nowadays. Not like the early 2000s...

Old 10-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Been looking piecing together a vortech. But I do want intercooled and cannot seem to find an intercooler/aftercooler that will fit without fabbing and full kits seem to cost 1800+ so itll be around $3500, should I just get a full kit instead? Just trying to find my best option and other opinions/experiences.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #77
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Been looking piecing together a vortech. But I do want intercooled and cannot seem to find an intercooler/aftercooler that will fit without fabbing and full kits seem to cost 1800+ so itll be around $3500, should I just get a full kit instead? Just trying to find my best option and other opinions/experiences.
You could get a meth kit and use that instead of an intercooler.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

I thought about it but dont want to have to refill it.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #79
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I thought about it but dont want to have to refill it.
You can set it to a certain rpm, because you won't really need it if you stay out of boost or in low boost. That way it only uses it when your romping on it.

HID end all thread
Old 10-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #80
Staff
Regular
Staff

There's an intercooler kit on the evilbays that fits the front of our cars great. Most guys use it for the cheap S trim builds. I can't seem to remember it off the top of my head though, I'll have to dig it up later. Or you can just run non-intercooled. A good tune on these cars and you can run without one just fine.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone know the best intercooler kit for the build your own vortech kits?
Old 10-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #82
Road Trip!

Quote:
Anyone know the best intercooler kit for the build your own vortech kits?
I've heard of people using eBay intercoolers but who knows
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Decided to boost (intercooled) the 2v around 400hp simply because I don't want car payments...not 100% on what supercharger but id like the 2.1 kenne bell, instead of making a new thread figured id ask here since couldn't find any answer from good ol' google. I like my 78mm bbk tb, but it wouldn't fit with the kb would it? Couldn't find any setups with it. I think they were made for centri setups. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:34 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Decided to boost (intercooled) the 2v around 400hp simply because I don't want car payments...not 100% on what supercharger but id like the 2.1 kenne bell, instead of making a new thread figured id ask here since couldn't find any answer from good ol' google. I like my 78mm bbk tb, but it wouldn't fit with the kb would it? Couldn't find any setups with it. I think they were made for centri setups. Thanks!
The accufab throttle body is best with that set-up. And honestly id be looking for a 2.3 whipple. I don't know much about the 2.1kbs. I have a 3.6LC KB on my lightning and it's awesome, but I've had to replace the seals on the snout twice in 20k miles. A older style whipple should be perfect for that HP level and roots style blowers are FUN!
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:05 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

They dont make whipple's for my model. Or at least I dont think they do.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:08 AM   #86
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
You would need the Tork Tech adaptor.

HID end all thread
Old 10-31-2013, 01:27 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wasn't aware of that! I've seen plenty of whipple cobras and so i figured they made one for the 2v. Either way they have adapters
Old 10-31-2013, 02:05 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Eh, heard of tork tech but never seen anyone actually use them. Probably wont go with that, so is the only way my 78mm tb will fit is with a centri? Im fine either way I just would rather go roots/twinscrew.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #89
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Eh, heard of tork tech but never seen anyone actually use them. Probably wont go with that, so is the only way my 78mm tb will fit is with a centri? Im fine either way I just would rather go roots/twinscrew.
I have, they are pretty sick. Just a little pricey when you can sometimes find a used KB 2.1 kit for not a lot more money. You'd need to find someone with a used kit selling the whole shebang with the fuel system for $2000-$2500 to make it really cost effective IMO. Although $2k for the kit itself, $500 for a fuel system if you know what you are doing and then another $300-$500 for at take off M112. Throw in $500 for the nickel/dime stuff and you are in business. This is before a tune but the tune is the same price with anything. Yeah, this stuff is not cheap.

I forget if I mentioned it in this thread but, again, the real beauty of the TT kit is you can mount ANY positive displacement style blower designed to work with the Terminator onto it. This would include the TVS blowers and the big Whipples.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

I emailed am about their procharger kit and asked why there was no fuel pump. Said the oem pump is good until you get 500+ range with the 39lb injectors provided. Is the oem pump actually safe to run on a dd if I tune conservatively for around say 400-425hp??
Old 10-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I emailed am about their procharger kit and asked why there was no fuel pump. Said the oem pump is good until you get 500+ range with the 39lb injectors provided. Is the oem pump actually safe to run on a dd if I tune conservatively for around say 400-425hp??
I don't know that for sure but fuel pumps aren't expensive. Throw a 255 Walbro in there and call it a day. I had a 255 Walbro in my 4.6 f150 all the way up to 12psi an it was fine. I had 42# injectors as well.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #92
Staff
Regular
Staff

Can't do the cheap Walbro pumps in anything after 1997 without changing to a 97-below tank and going to a return style fuel system.

Most ppl with newer stangs just do the SVT Focus pump and call it a day. That will be more than fine on the stock motor. I personally would not trust the stock pump on a FI application with #39 injectors but that's just me.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Found a procharger intercooled kit about an hour an a half from me on cl. Says it comes with everything never been used for $3200.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Nevermind...only email contact and every "deal" ive seen with only email is a scam. Welp, time to continue browsing.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #94
Staff
Regular
Staff

Build your own Vortech, do it. $2k or less will get you a perfectly good running setup with most stuff being new.

Superchargersonline for the brackets, corral classifieds for the headunit, wherever for the fuel stuffs.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Cant find any used headunits cheap. Cheapest in my area is 2k for a v2 and it's just the unit not even rebuilt.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Plus I want to run intercooled since I want to be around 400hp.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #96
Staff
Regular
Staff

Wtmfh, that person is smoking a crack pipe for that money. They go for $600-$800 on the Corral pretty regularly. Just get it shipped, use paypal and use a credit card so if it comes not as described you can just charge it back and not deal with Paypal being a bunch of *** spelunkers.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:19 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Can't do the cheap Walbro pumps in anything after 1997 without changing to a 97-below tank and going to a return style fuel system.

Most ppl with newer stangs just do the SVT Focus pump and call it a day. That will be more than fine on the stock motor. I personally would not trust the stock pump on a FI application with #39 injectors but that's just me.
Was looking at the svt focus pumps, read on another forum that they're only good for up to 425hp...I don't want to really risk that since I wanted to be in the 425 range. Anyone know much about this direct replacement pump from AM, and how much hp it's safe around. Since it's 300lph also I'm guessing about the same? BBK Direct Replacement Fuel Pump 1863 (01-04 GT, V6; 01 Cobra) - Free Shipping 1863 I just want a safe and reliable setup in the 400 range...
Old 11-03-2013, 02:38 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

http://www.americanmuscle.com/procha...e2-9904gt.html so basically if you were to get this kit what would you do? I plan on using this kit, seeing if I can find a better fuel pump, 90mm maf sensor, gauges to monitor everything and of course dyno tuning afterwards. Also waiting to see if they'll price match since I saw this same kit going cheaper in a couple other places.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:47 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Never mind, after looking it over I probably wont go with that kit. The vortech kit is cheaper and comes with a pump and injectors. Just going to see if I can find that cxracing intercooler kit made for this model. Thanks anyway.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #100
Staff
Regular
Staff

CX Racing kit

Just be aware it drops your pressure by a good 3 or 4 psi so pulley the blower accordingly. Will not be an issue at all with a S trim on a stock longblock.

Tork Tech/KB are out of the running then?

Old 11-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Yes lol for the simple fact that I dont think the tb I bought and installed will fit a ts/roots. Which I wanted the kb but im fine with a centri since its makes me more comfortable reliability wise as a dd since its not in constant full boost so puts less strain on my drivetrain. Is it exactly 3 or 4? So I would have to boost for 13/14 to actually get 10 intercooled?? Im wanting the v3 si trim which max boost and hp are 22/775.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

I called kenne bell and surprisingly the guy in tech told me my 78mm tb should fit? I asked twice to make sure because I dont think it will but he said it will so I guess 2.1 kb it is if someone else can just reassure me it will fit.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #103
Staff
Regular
Staff

Not sure why you are holding your blower decision hostage to a throttle body... If it fits great, if not, sell it and buy the right one.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

I mean i like both options and if it eliminated a choice so be it, and this one was made for a supercharger application and dont want it to have been a waste of money! Lol
Old 11-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

He said it will but doesn't look like it. I like the kb but the centri is easier to install and like how it wont put as much strain on the motor and drivetrain
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-39488787.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	135256   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2736243445.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	481.8 KB
ID:	135257  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion