To GT or not to GT.. that is the question - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

OP doesn't have a mustang. He is asking whether or not he should get the V6/GT. And it sounds like he has his mind set on the V6. You will be very happy with it. Great looking brand new fast car for a bargain.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------



This is one thing I don't understand. How do you make a huge investment on a car and not be 100% satisfied with what you are receiving? That is a terrible financial decision. When I bought my V6 I knew exactly what I was getting and 2 1/2 years later I am still 100% satisfied. I see a bunch of people on this forum trading in their 3.7 for a 5.0 after a short amount of time. Know what you're getting and if you're not 100% satisfied, don't make the investment.
This is the direct quote from the OP. So after running the numbers I figured I could get away with a V6 premium. I settled on a Grabber Blue Auto Premium with louvers and scoops that I had to order. So I added in 3.31 gears, GT Spoiler and Ford Shelby racing stripes and Shelby spoiler.

The OP is asking if he should trade the v6 premium he purchased for a pre owned 13 GT.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
I can tell you from experience you will be much happier with the GT. I purchased a 2011 V6 knowing well that it had more power than my 04 GT. After six months, I traded that Pony in for a GT...Just go with the GT you won't look back, you will be much happier. More options for modding, etc.
Based on what the OP posted they were not interested in power mods so more modding options for a 5.0 would be irrelevant. The OP wasn't using the 325 HP they had in there 03 Mach 1..
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Durham
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 113
No doubt having a GT would be awesome but you are going to have plenty of performance from the new 6, AND have a new car.
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
xxPIKExx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Region: Florida
Posts: 450
I promised I would never participate in another one of these threads, so I won't. Instead, I'm going to wash my 5.0 again because there are *** prints all over the fender from where people lean against it to take pics of it while its parked at work. Latin girls certainly love a shiny 5.0.
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Starsky007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 108
Just to clear things up a bit.. I ordered the V6 about 10 days ago. I still have time to cancel the order. I never said I never used the 325 HP in the Mach 1, I said not that often. I never took it to the strip and street racing in my opinion, isn't something I want to be doing. Nice feel punching it to pass, or a little tromp off the line up to speed limit is fun.. I made an offer on the V8 today and I'm waiting to hear back. If they accept the offer then it's the V8 if they don't, it's the V6.

As far as a terrible financial decision.. not at all. Financially a 2014 V6 Prem was a better thing for me than a 2014 V8 GT Prem. I was looking at 10K difference. Enter the 2013 used with 7K miles at 28K fully loaded Prem GT and the metrics changed...Seems to me I would be in error not considering it. Doesn't mean I won't be satisfied with either..

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
I promised I would never participate in another one of these threads, so I won't. Instead, I'm going to wash my 5.0 again because there are *** prints all over the fender from where people lean against it to take pics of it while its parked at work. Latin girls certainly love a shiny 5.0.
Can't blame them a bit

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

And I thank all of you for participating in the discussion, Everyone makes good points. Ultimately I know I will be comfortable with either decision but I was certainly on the fence about it. What makes the decision tough is the V6 is a pretty awesome vehicle in and of itself. Had it been under the 300 Hp mark it would have made it a no brainer.
__________________
2014 Grabber Blue V6 Premium Auto
Flat Black Shelby racing stripes
Shelby spoiler
3.31 gears
On order
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky007 View Post
Just to clear things up a bit.. I ordered the V6 about 10 days ago. I still have time to cancel the order. I never said I never used the 325 HP in the Mach 1, I said not that often. I never took it to the strip and street racing in my opinion, isn't something I want to be doing. Nice feel punching it to pass, or a little tromp off the line up to speed limit is fun.. I made an offer on the V8 today and I'm waiting to hear back. If they accept the offer then it's the V8 if they don't, it's the V6.

As far as a terrible financial decision.. not at all. Financially a 2014 V6 Prem was a better thing for me than a 2014 V8 GT Prem. I was looking at 10K difference. Enter the 2013 used with 7K miles at 28K fully loaded Prem GT and the metrics changed...Seems to me I would be in error not considering it. Doesn't mean I won't be satisfied with either..

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------



Can't blame them a bit

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

And I thank all of you for participating in the discussion, Everyone makes good points. Ultimately I know I will be comfortable with either decision but I was certainly on the fence about it. What makes the decision tough is the V6 is a pretty awesome vehicle in and of itself. Had it been under the 300 Hp mark it would have made it a no brainer.
This is what you wrote. I just copied and pasted..

But I didn't use all the 325 HP the Mach 1 had all that much so I doubt I would use the 440 the GT has all that much.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Starsky007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

This is what you wrote. I just copied and pasted..

But I didn't use all the 325 HP the Mach 1 had all that much so I doubt I would use the 440 the GT has all that much.
Agree.. Didn't use it all that much..
__________________
2014 Grabber Blue V6 Premium Auto
Flat Black Shelby racing stripes
Shelby spoiler
3.31 gears
On order
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky007 View Post

Agree.. Didn't use it all that much..
Lol. I hope they accept your V8 offer because at that price and the price difference between the V6 and V8, I would buy the V8. Hands down, I love my V6 but if I could of purchased a 5.0 for the same price as my V6, there is no question or thought about that. 5.0 all the way.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Starsky007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Lol. I hope they accept your V8 offer because at that price and the price difference between the V6 and V8, I would buy the V8. Hands down, I love my V6 but if I could of purchased a 5.0 for the same price as my V6, there is no question or thought about that. 5.0 all the way.
I hope they do too!
__________________
2014 Grabber Blue V6 Premium Auto
Flat Black Shelby racing stripes
Shelby spoiler
3.31 gears
On order
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #44
Registered User
Newbie
 
Jestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Springfield
Region: Illinois
Posts: 8
i had a V6, and totally regretted it. all i ever wanted was the roar of a GT. I now have a 2012 GT V8 finally, and am loving it, no regrets at all. insurance only went up a little bit, and i get one more mile per gallon highway than my V6 did- so i don't see a dilemma lol.
Jestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestang
i had a V6, and totally regretted it. all i ever wanted was the roar of a GT. I now have a 2012 GT V8 finally, and am loving it, no regrets at all. insurance only went up a little bit, and i get one more mile per gallon highway than my V6 did- so i don't see a dilemma lol.
Then why did you get the V6 in the first place? I don't understand how so many people make huge investments on items they aren't 100% completely satisfied with. Poor financial decision. I knew what I was getting when I bought my V6 and 2 1/2 years later I am still 100% satisfied.
__________________
2012 V6 Performance Package
BlackedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Then why did you get the V6 in the first place? I don't understand how so many people make huge investments on items they aren't 100% completely satisfied with. Poor financial decision. I knew what I was getting when I bought my V6 and 2 1/2 years later I am still 100% satisfied.
Totally have to agree. Don't people know what there buying before they invest 25k on something. Its a V6 so if someone only wants the roar of the V8 then go buy a V8 to begin with. Screwy man. People are unique to say the least. I don't have any regrets with my sixer and love it but never cared enough about the roar of the V8.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #47
Registered User
Newbie
 
Jestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Springfield
Region: Illinois
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
Then why did you get the V6 in the first place? I don't understand how so many people make huge investments on items they aren't 100% completely satisfied with. Poor financial decision. I knew what I was getting when I bought my V6 and 2 1/2 years later I am still 100% satisfied.
I had a 2010 V6 & It was basically a matter of doubting my financial status could afford a V8 and also listening to family members telling me it was unnecessary etc. I took their advice & tried to be happy with my decision but after 2 years with the V6 and finding out I actually had equity in my car I decided to trade up because I could actually afford it after all. Just to help u "understand" better.
Jestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestang View Post

I had a 2010 V6 & It was basically a matter of doubting my financial status could afford a V8 and also listening to family members telling me it was unnecessary etc. I took their advice & tried to be happy with my decision but after 2 years with the V6 and finding out I actually had equity in my car I decided to trade up because I could actually afford it after all. Just to help u "understand" better.
Well say no more bro. That's a pony of a different color. You had a 10 v6. Totally different beast than the 11 plus V6 models. No wonder you were really disappointed in the performance of it. I would of never purchased the 10 v6 to begin with because of the tremendous lack of power even with bolt on mods.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
JAC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Lol. I hope they accept your V8 offer because at that price and the price difference between the V6 and V8, I would buy the V8. Hands down, I love my V6 but if I could of purchased a 5.0 for the same price as my V6, there is no question or thought about that. 5.0 all the way.
+1

My 2cents
Since its basically a loaded gt with a few miles vs a nice new v6 I would go gt.

The 8-10k difference is cancelled as the gt is used and then you avoid the depreciation on the v6.

So that's a good deal on the gt.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #50
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
This discussion is so hard cuz no matter what stang your looking they're all sooooo bad ***!!
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Starsky007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 108
At the end of the day I stuck with the V6 and upgraded to 3.31 gears. I'll get either the bama or MPT tuner, and be done with it. Last I heard 2 days ago was it was on a train somewhere in Texas so any day now..
__________________
2014 Grabber Blue V6 Premium Auto
Flat Black Shelby racing stripes
Shelby spoiler
3.31 gears
On order
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Starsky007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Austin, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
Then why did you get the V6 in the first place? I don't understand how so many people make huge investments on items they aren't 100% completely satisfied with. Poor financial decision. I knew what I was getting when I bought my V6 and 2 1/2 years later I am still 100% satisfied.

I missed this response I guess. We're both in the same boat. We don't understand something. You don't understand why I would pick a V6 in the first place and I don't understand your need to be a jerk about it. So I'll do my best to explain the situation as I have a history of making pretty good financial decisions.

I did the usual V6 verses V8 debate prior to ordering the V6. ONE of the factors I considered was the initial price difference between the 2 which would have been roughly 10K. THAT factor changed after the fact when I ran across a slightly used 2013 with 7k miles on it and 8k less than what it would have cost new. Therefore I was reconsidering my decision because of the NEW information. I think most prudent successful people will reconsider a decision when new information is available. I sure hope this helps you understand..
__________________
2014 Grabber Blue V6 Premium Auto
Flat Black Shelby racing stripes
Shelby spoiler
3.31 gears
On order
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:47 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.