Some people need to not drive. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Some people need to not drive.

Hi there, my father got in a wreck this afternoon. A girl in a pos S-10 pulled out in front of him and got him. She had a baby in the truck too. Her license has been expired for 6 months. Luckily she had insurance. So after insurance how much do you guys think it would take to fix this? Needs a new quarter panel a hood headlights fog lights front bumper, that steel bar behind the bumper, the impact isolator(styrofoam behind bumper) Nose panel.. So after everything paint and labor how much do you think this will run?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2675263171.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	125067  
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96 View Post
Hi there, my father got in a wreck this afternoon. A girl in a pos S-10 pulled out in front of him and got him. She had a baby in the truck too. Her license has been expired for 6 months. Luckily she had insurance. So after insurance how much do you guys think it would take to fix this? Needs a new quarter panel a hood headlights fog lights front bumper, that steel bar behind the bumper, the impact isolator(styrofoam behind bumper) Nose panel.. So after everything paint and labor how much do you think this will run?
That outta buff right out..........

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Haha just kidding.. sorry to hear, glad your dad is safe. well if insurance will be covering it, proably cost you your deductible. If you do it yourself, go to a junkyard and get your parts there. A good paint gob will be at least a grand though

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguestang View Post

That outta buff right out..........
When ever someone posts this comment, I laugh my *** off. Every damn time.

To the OP. i figure you are looking at Zero expense to you. She has insurance, they'll be taking care of it. If they don't i would lawyer up. That's what insurance companies are there to do. Make them do it.

Edit** as stated above. I forgot Insurance deductible. They'll most likely make you pay that.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Lol I'm surprised I was the first to say it.......

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Glad everyone is ok....if she was at fault...her insurance will pay for everything. NO DEDUCTIBLE. If neither company will admit fault then a deductible will have to be paid after repairs. Just at first look, not knowing if air bags deployed, I would guess 3000ish.
UDBigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDBigJim View Post
Glad everyone is ok....if she was at fault...her insurance will pay for everything. NO DEDUCTIBLE. If neither company will admit fault then a deductible will have to be paid after repairs. Just at first look, not knowing if air bags deployed, I would guess 3000ish.
No air bags wernt deployed.. She was at fault. My fathers just afraid that they will total it. And the baby had to be ambulanced to the er.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Most insurance companies total after repairs take 80% of the value of the car. You can ask for aftermarket parts or LKQ to keep costs down (like kind quality...basically used and or aftermarket)
Old 08-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It sounds like the girl will be found to be completely at fault. If that's the case then you should have ZERO out of pocket expenses. That's the way it works here in CA anyway. As far as a guess on the repair bill, I'm going to go with right around 4 grand.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

The bodyshop u choose doesn't want it to be totalled either because they wont get paid for repairs if totalled.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
I don't know about other states but in Texas, if the insurance totals the car you can buy it from them. My boss did that with a Toyota pickup. They paid him the value of the truck and some personal damage amount, then he bought it back at the scrap rate. He had a buddy who was a retired body man who fixed it at a reduced rate. In the end, he managed to get away with a new truck and $7k in his pocket.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Hate to ruin a good party but her insurance may not pay. She after all was operating a motor vehicle without a VALID driver's license. Has her insurance company contacted you yet? If they don't cover it, your insurance company might pay for it as she is an Uninsured Motorist. Don't know any LEOs in Illinois.

GOOD LUCK!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Honestly I don't mean to bust your bubble but I would say it's totaled.

Name:	ForumRunner_20130821_233007.png
Views:	105
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	125096

This totaled my 2004, 3 years ago :/
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
my '04 was totaled with less damage then that picture had in it op...i'd say it's time to find a new pony

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

For him..I hope not, but your whole front end is destroyed both head lights bumper grill both quarter panels .possibly radiator etc. Yours looks much more extensive, but of course I can't see his drivers side.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For him..I hope not, but your whole front end is destroyed both head lights bumper grill both quarter panels .possibly radiator etc. Yours looks much more extensive, but of course I can't see his drivers side.
His drivers side is un touched. His driver side quarter panel is fine. Just needs a new hood, passenger quarter panel, front bumper, front bumper isolator and support and headlights, nose thingy the grill aint broke either. It needs foglights too.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

More pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4239997653.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	524.9 KB
ID:	125231   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2743946535.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	508.8 KB
ID:	125232  

Name:	image-3091285422.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	511.7 KB
ID:	125233  
Old 08-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

How many miles on it?
Old 08-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Im still saying around 4 thousand. When is he going to take it in for the estimate so that we can find out who had the closest guess?
Old 08-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96 View Post
More pics.
It looks like it may have gotten into the frame, if that's so then it'll get expensive
Old 08-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

If the frame is bent...it will be totalled.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How many miles on it?

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Im still saying around 4 thousand. When is he going to take it in for the estimate so that we can find out who had the closest guess?
Idk. We havnt gotten ahold of her insurance company. We will find out tomorrow.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If the frame is bent...it will be totalled.
Yup
Old 08-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

It looks like it may have gotten into the frame, if that's so then it'll get expensive
No the frames fine. Just the front bumper support is bent so well have to replace that. Im not sure if this means anything but the lines between each individual panel are straight. Unlike my car where the bottem of the door the lines are wide then on the top they are tight
Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

What year? Where do you live...also by law the cannot tell you where to have your car repaired. You may also get a second estimate from another shop.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I had mine in the body shop the very next day after getting rear ended. I didn't want to look at it. Lol.
What's up with the insurance company? Usually they are very easy to get ahold off.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What year? Where do you live...also by law the cannot tell you where to have your car repaired. You may also get a second estimate from another shop.
Its a 99. I live in central illinois.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I had mine in the body shop the very next day after getting rear ended. I didn't want to look at it. Lol.
What's up with the insurance company? Usually they are very easy to get ahold off.
This is very hard to look at for me. Ever since he bought it ive wanted it. Badly. But now its really hard to look at without crying. And we just havnt gotten a hold of them. It just happend yesterday. Lol
Old 08-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Using nada guidelines the car is worth about 6000-6500. 80% of that would be 4800 or so. If repairs are greater than that it would be totalled. Ins co use nada pricing. I think you should be fine. Let me know what the shop quotes you....my guess is 3k or a tad more
Old 08-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Using nada guidelines the car is worth about 6000-6500. 80% of that would be 4800 or so. If repairs are greater than that it would be totalled. Ins co use nada pricing. I think you should be fine. Let me know what the shop quotes you....my guess is 3k or a tad more
My dad paid 8 grand for the car.. I believe... So 99 Gt verts are only worth 6500 bucks?!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Might be around 7200, Illinois has a higher price for GT's than other places, but with that high mileage, it'd be tough to fetch that price. So 6500 is about right. I bought an 02 GT with a bodykit. Light mods, and expensive "rims". I got that for 8200 bucks i believe, and it had 65k on the odometer. Any reason why he doesn't want it totaled? It's a nice car, and if they do try to total it, i'd try to swap the saleens off of there.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Might be around 7200, Illinois has a higher price for GT's than other places, but with that high mileage, it'd be tough to fetch that price. So 6500 is about right. I bought an 02 GT with a bodykit. Light mods, and expensive "rims". I got that for 8200 bucks i believe, and it had 65k on the odometer. Any reason why he doesn't want it totaled? It's a nice car, and if they do try to total it, i'd try to swap the saleens off of there.
If they do say its too expensive to fix the insurance company will give him some money and let him fix it him self. Which is an option. I think the reason why he doesnt want it totaled is because i think he might give it to me for one of my birthdays. Im not sure if its gonna be my 17th or 18th. I turn 17 in may. The saleens came with the car. Annd if things dont go right im ripping those things off. Thats for damn sure lol.. He loves that car. Its a 5 speed. With 3:73s i think and a cai and it wooped a brand new 392 challenger..
Old 08-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Nice car. Mines got the same mods sounds like. 3.73 gear, CAI, off road X pipe, and Bassani catback. I've got 18" saleens on there too, sounds like your dads got a sweet car. Hopefully all goes well for you guys.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice car. Mines got the same mods sounds like. 3.73 gear, CAI, off road X pipe, and Bassani catback. I've got 18" saleens on there too, sounds like your dads got a sweet car. Hopefully all goes well for you guys.
I have no idea what exhaust he has on it. it has a deep rumble at idle but sounds awesome when its reved
it has pretty big exhaust tips on it too.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have no idea what exhaust he has on it. it has a deep rumble at idle but sounds awesome when its reved
it has pretty big exhaust tips on it too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion