New power - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
New power

Does it not bother anyone else for a kid to go buy a new car with over 300 hp and you have people building a car to get hp that takes them many years to do?would it hurt your pride to pull up next to some young punk in your muscle car and get smokes?just doesn't seem fair
Liebert91stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
You choose your way they choose theirs. It does suck; but if you were 16 and your mommy and daddy bought you a "fast" car you'd take it. I just hope that the kid in question isn't a huge d-bag.

Also, maybe the kid could afford it? I bought a 2004 where my friend has a 1996. Stock for stock it's faster (obvously) but he is building his. Just remember that you put, and probably still putting, a LOT of blood, sweat, and tears into making your car what you want it to be.
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
And 99% are

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

I wouldnt really call him a friend but kid I use to hang out with occasionally with other friends got a brand new 2010 gt from his dad whos a doctor and he never sees him just gets money from him. He trashed it from drinking and driving and got into drugs and all sorts of junk. It was a beauty of a stang and one night he left the windows down and it rained. Just countless things of bein spoiled and non appreciative.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Thought i'd chime in... I'm 18 and bought a 2001 Bullitt 3 days after my birthday in february. 270hp, 315lb of torque. I bought the car and all of the mods ($2600 in mods so far) with my own money.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

What happened to spending time with your pops building a car?you never hear of anyone doing this anymore.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

To me it's an accomplishment to be able to work on cars and change brakes or change oil not to mention how much money you save doing it yourself
Old 08-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liebert91stang View Post
What happened to spending time with your pops building a car?you never hear of anyone doing this anymore.
I wish.. my dad didn't even teach me how to drive stick so I was basically worthless until about a few months ago when I bought my Mustang and learned
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I wish my dad was into building/restoring cars.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote:
To me it's an accomplishment to be able to work on cars and change brakes or change oil not to mention how much money you save doing it yourself
No one has really taught me a lot about cars, But when i need to do something i usually try to figure it out and do it myself.

HID end all thread
Old 08-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

No one has really taught me a lot about cars, But when i need to do something i usually try to figure it out and do it myself.
+1. Everything i learned is from personal experience and forums lol
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
My dad not so much. He'll help me a little and show me stuff but My grandpa though has always taught me stuff and showed me. Like fishing, hunting and now cars. He just bought a 89 5.0. And now we sit there and talk about mustangs for hours. Talk about what we wanna do with our cars and just talk about everything.
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post

My dad has helped me with most of the things I've done but it's not the same as restoring an entire car.

HID end all thread
Old 08-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
I would love that. My dad had a 67 a code 390 fb blue mustang 4 speed and traded it for a 69 428 cj Mach 1. He died when I was 13 so ill never have the experience of building a car or memories with cars with him. I'll just have to build my own cars and memories now :/
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
I'm building/ built 3 cars within the last 2 year's with my pops and he built a shop in his back yard so we no longer had to rent a space to build cars. To count we've built his 92 gt, 73 mach1, my 88 saleen clone droptop, his 67 fairlane gt(in progress),my 88 gt hatch ( in progress)and my old drag car together, would not trade that time for anything, ever !!!!!
Krazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

That's awesome.seems like its not common to bond and build.my dad has helped me a lot with minor things like oil,brakes,ball joints.havent done any motor work yet.im 34 and he is 60.would like to build the stang with him.its almost like a tradition
Old 08-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
hah, I wish it was still like that. I learned nothing from my father but how not to be a terrible person and abandon your kids, so I take every oppurtunity I have to try and pass on some of the things I've learned to my boys. I have two sons, one five years old and one 10 months old, the oldest helps me work on the mustang whenever I'm out working on it. The look on his face when I first let him handle the jack to lift and lower the mustang was priceless!

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post

same here haha.... plus youtube. gotta love some instructional youtube videos!
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

It's good to hear that you guys take what your fathers didnt do for you and change it.maybe you will pass down your stang to them when they get older.my daughter may get mine.still haven't decided ; )
Old 08-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #17
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Region: Texas
Quote:
im 21 and times are just different. everything moves so fast now. don't get me wrong, I go to my dads every chance I get to work on cars & id love to get dirty and greasy building a car with dad but no time!!
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I am 21 as well and bought my 06GT when I was 20 only 8 months ago, with my own money of course, having a steady job while in college makes it possible. Most kids that live around me have their parents go buy them something new and run around like the d-bags they are. Does it bother me? no, because ever since I can remember I have been working in the machine shop we own, learning to weld now having it mastered (arc, mig, tig), rebuild motors for my karts and late models when we raced, and being able to complete just about any task someone throws at me in the shop. To me that means more than just buying a car that has all that HP and some punk kid driving it believing he's on top of the world.

Working on something and improving on it over time should mean more to anyone than just buying something already finished to an extent of course. But silverskoundrel has nailed it, times have changed, no one values the small things I learned to value when growing up.
2006 Mustang GT Premium Satin Silver Metallic | 5 Speed Manual | Hurst Short Shifter | K&N CAI | JSR Strut Brace, FLCA Brace, Rear Shock Tower Brace | Flowmaster Axle Backs | Ford K Springs | JM Trackbar | 93 Bama Performance Tune

BeachMonkey100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Yea everyone is caught up in that routine thing.i am same way

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

My complaint is you spend all the time sweat and bruises to build it and majority of the kids that drive stangs around here are spoiled little boys with mummy's money.just aggravating
Old 08-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #20
Lord NoMoney
Staff

I like how when I holler at dad. I always say "hey can we fix this on whatever?" his answer is always like "ill drink beer while I tell you what to do" I love it
Old 08-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I'm 16 and things with my dad are just kinda weird. Him and my grandpa bought me my car but I have to pay for gas and stuff. I just hope all you guys in here take time to do stuff with your kids. Cause that's what I missed and it sucks. Hell I taught myself how to shave cause my dad wasn't around lol. It might not seem like a lot but it is to your kids. I'm not trying to preach haha. I'm just saying
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #22
Lord NoMoney
Staff

I wish I had to shave
Old 08-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to brandonveiga Send a message via Skype™ to brandonveiga
My first car was a 94 v6. the previous owner had blown the engine. my dad bought the car for 800 bucks and we drove to a garage to build a new engine from the block up every day after school for a few months until it was done. best feeling ever dad taught me to build my own engine and it was a great feeling the first time we started the engine. Then i worked my butt off for aftermarket parts for it. Even though it was a horribly slow car performance-wise, everyone at school loved it because i put time and work into it.

As Jeremy Clarkson would say: POWEEERRRRR
brandonveiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Thought i'd chime in... I'm 18 and bought a 2001 Bullitt 3 days after my birthday in february. 270hp, 315lb of torque. I bought the car and all of the mods ($2600 in mods so far) with my own money.
An I bet you appreciate it too.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote:

Like myself. My dad isn't interested in cars it seems. My uncle on the other hand owns his own body shop, manages another one, has loads of experience and IS interested in cars. He is the reason I will not buy a new car. Lol. I can keep my foxes in mint shape as long as he's around and I spend enough time learning what he knows. I love working on the foxes more than anything.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Quote:
It's good to hear that you guys take what your fathers didnt do for you and change it.maybe you will pass down your stang to them when they get older.my daughter may get mine.still haven't decided ; )
If that's the case I have to buy another 3 cars.... I have 2 now.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMonkey100 View Post
I am 21 as well and bought my 06GT when I was 20 only 8 months ago, with my own money of course, having a steady job while in college makes it possible. Most kids that live around me have their parents go buy them something new and run around like the d-bags they are. Does it bother me? no, because ever since I can remember I have been working in the machine shop we own, learning to weld now having it mastered (arc, mig, tig), rebuild motors for my karts and late models when we raced, and being able to complete just about any task someone throws at me in the shop. To me that means more than just buying a car that has all that HP and some punk kid driving it believing he's on top of the world.

Working on something and improving on it over time should mean more to anyone than just buying something already finished to an extent of course. But silverskoundrel has nailed it, times have changed, no one values the small things I learned to value when growing up.
+1

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
I wish I had to shave
No u dont
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #25
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351stroker View Post

No u dont
youre probably right
Old 08-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post

youre probably right
Lol. Trust me. I am. I wanted to so bad when I was younger. Couldn't grow anything till I was about 25.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Dang, I was a werewolf at 25
Krazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion