Some people shouldnt own mustangs.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Some people shouldnt own mustangs..

Obviously everyone here has a devotion to mustangs, and so naturally you tend to feel bad for the car when they have poor owners. It's almost daily you'll see a mustang with 22s, chrome hood vents, or old English on the back window next to Virgin Mary. All of those are common but the story I'm getting ready to tell just threw me for a loop! Lol

Rewind in time about two weeks... I had been taking notice of a super clean 05-09 blue GT always parked at the back of the lot at work. This car looked factory fresh every day, and so naturally I had to figure out who drove this car. I always park in the back myself in the lightning or my stang so one day I sat around at work an extra 10 minutes to finally see who drives this 05-09 that's just as clean as my 2012.

I confronted the guy solely to ask about his car and he was eager to spill the beans about it lol. He said it was his baby and all his money went right to his car.. Blah blah blah. I say "what's under the hood of this bad boy?" And he promptly popped the hood open to show me. He immediately began spewing out all of these aftermarket parts he had installed on his very clean STOCK engine. This is where it's funny! He stated that his stock intake tube was actually a ford racing/roush intake and that his drop in K&N filter picked up 20 extra HP! He said his stock throttle body which had "FORD" in big letters across it was actually a accufab throttle body ford had designed and that in combination with his intake his car was a beast. I inquired about his exhaust which he stated was "fully custom" which I could tell from his tips with "pypes" written clearly across was totally custom. He said he removed "insulation" from his exhaust himself and that he used a saws-all to cut out the resonators. He started her up an boy was I disappointed. It had this nasty, rattly, tin can sound to it that I can not easily describe with more popping than I could count out when he let off. He then went on to say his car was the perfect sleeper and that he has walked many a camaro in his time. In my mind i figured it had to be because it was bone stock exterior all the way down to its 245-17 tires. He said usually his car is show only but he is focused on performance now more than ever because he had set a date for a dyno!

I excitedly ask him what his hopes were for his car and he confidently stated he planned on making 400rwhp! Trying not to be rude or laugh, I ask him how he planned on netting those numbers when he didn't even have a tune for his "custom full exhaust and intake", only for him to reply that his car came with 350 horses from the factory and he had easily put in 50HP worth of mods! I had lost it at that point and we made a bet that $50 said his car wouldn't make it within 15HP of 300rwhp.

Fast foreword, and here we are now and I'm $50 dollars richer! His dyno date was Thursday and I saw him again yesterday with much regret in his eyes. He pulled out his dyno sheet to reveal he had made a whopping 258rwhp! So much for 400rwhp I guess? Guess his 3v is a slacker... I mean sleeper after all!

Does anyone else know people like this? Guess it doesn't pay to make stuff up about cars haha
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Haha that's funny as hell. Did he know u had a 12? I'm at the point where if I tell some oft I have something I better damn well have it . Some kids isn't 258 really low or a gt of that year? Lol congrats tell him double or nothing u make over a 100 more then him lop
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Now that's hilarious. With my mods on my 12 V6, would probably make him cry and I haven't put mine on a dyno yet. LOL
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I've had someone tell me a non pi 4.6 was actually a "cobra motor" that was a 32V.

It didnt sound like a 4V and low and behold, pop the hood sits a really small head and then I instantly knew it was a 2V. I had tried them explaining to this "girl" that she was lied to and then provided picture evidence to support my facts.

Needless to say, she stopped answering my texts

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #5

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Obviously everyone here has a devotion to mustangs, and so naturally you tend to feel bad for the car when they have poor owners. It's almost daily you'll see a mustang with 22s, chrome hood vents, or old English on the back window next to Virgin Mary. All of those are common but the story I'm getting ready to tell just threw me for a loop! Lol

Rewind in time about two weeks... I had been taking notice of a super clean 05-09 blue GT always parked at the back of the lot at work. This car looked factory fresh every day, and so naturally I had to figure out who drove this car. I always park in the back myself in the lightning or my stang so one day I sat around at work an extra 10 minutes to finally see who drives this 05-09 that's just as clean as my 2012.

I confronted the guy solely to ask about his car and he was eager to spill the beans about it lol. He said it was his baby and all his money went right to his car.. Blah blah blah. I say "what's under the hood of this bad boy?" And he promptly popped the hood open to show me. He immediately began spewing out all of these aftermarket parts he had installed on his very clean STOCK engine. This is where it's funny! He stated that his stock intake tube was actually a ford racing/roush intake and that his drop in K&N filter picked up 20 extra HP! He said his stock throttle body which had "FORD" in big letters across it was actually a accufab throttle body ford had designed and that in combination with his intake his car was a beast. I inquired about his exhaust which he stated was "fully custom" which I could tell from his tips with "pypes" written clearly across was totally custom. He said he removed "insulation" from his exhaust himself and that he used a saws-all to cut out the resonators. He started her up an boy was I disappointed. It had this nasty, rattly, tin can sound to it that I can not easily describe with more popping than I could count out when he let off. He then went on to say his car was the perfect sleeper and that he has walked many a camaro in his time. In my mind i figured it had to be because it was bone stock exterior all the way down to its 245-17 tires. He said usually his car is show only but he is focused on performance now more than ever because he had set a date for a dyno!

I excitedly ask him what his hopes were for his car and he confidently stated he planned on making 400rwhp! Trying not to be rude or laugh, I ask him how he planned on netting those numbers when he didn't even have a tune for his "custom full exhaust and intake", only for him to reply that his car came with 350 horses from the factory and he had easily put in 50HP worth of mods! I had lost it at that point and we made a bet that $50 said his car wouldn't make it within 15HP of 300rwhp.

Fast foreword, and here we are now and I'm $50 dollars richer! His dyno date was Thursday and I saw him again yesterday with much regret in his eyes. He pulled out his dyno sheet to reveal he had made a whopping 258rwhp! So much for 400rwhp I guess? Guess his 3v is a slacker... I mean sleeper after all!

Does anyone else know people like this? Guess it doesn't pay to make stuff up about cars haha
Not to criticize, but why?

guy was happy with his car, was going to get a letdown at the dyno... you need to bet this guy, basically a stanger, that he was going to be super disappointed?

I'm more of a live and let live kind of guy. people on here and in the real world do stupid stuff all the time. They make changes that make their car look like crap, drive like crap etc. I don't feel its my duty to bring everyone down to reality
Chrisk327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisk327 View Post

guy was happy with his car, was going to get a letdown at the dyno... you need to bet this guy, basically a stanger, that he was going to be super disappointed?

I'm more of a live and let live kind of guy. people on here and in the real world do stupid stuff all the time. They make changes that make their car look like crap, drive like crap etc. I don't feel its my duty to bring everyone down to reality
Hey, sometime the reality check on the front end save a lot of embarrassment in the long run. And why not get a good laugh in the process
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
Sad Panda
Staff

its not brad's fault for this guy being naive.
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Sad, he had been telling that lie so long he believed it himself....
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Haha that's funny as hell. Did he know u had a 12? I'm at the point where if I tell some oft I have something I better damn well have it . Some kids isn't 258 really low or a gt of that year? Lol congrats tell him double or nothing u make over a 100 more then him lop
Haha no he didn't know I have a 12 but he does now! My car dynoed at 364rwhp bone stock and I could just show him that sheet haha. I'm not going to take anymore of his money but Atleast he followed through with the bet! 250-270rwhp is about average for a stock 3v 4.6.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
Now that's hilarious. With my mods on my 12 V6, would probably make him cry and I haven't put mine on a dyno yet. LOL
I'm pretty positive your v6 would out dyno his 4.6 from the showroom floor. Not to mention, your 3.7 is probably lighter also.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post
I've had someone tell me a non pi 4.6 was actually a "cobra motor" that was a 32V.

It didnt sound like a 4V and low and behold, pop the hood sits a really small head and then I instantly knew it was a 2V. I had tried them explaining to this "girl" that she was lied to and then provided picture evidence to support my facts.

Needless to say, she stopped answering my texts
Sounds like she wasn't worth it anyways... Just my opinion.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisk327 View Post

Well it wasn't just as cut and dry as I say it.. But I was trying not to make a longer story longer. I didn't make the bet with him the very first time I saw him but rather on the third or fourth after much of him talking up his car. Come to find out, I see this guy nearly every day and never knew he was the owner of this car. Maybe, if he is willing I can teach him a thing or two and he can break 300hp lol!

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post

Hey, sometime the reality check on the front end save a lot of embarrassment in the long run. And why not get a good laugh in the process
That's exactly what happened! Gotta get your stuff together before making bets
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion