Cost of Dyno? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Recently I have been contemplating having my car Dyno to get its HP and Torque numbers. Currently I have a handful of bolt on mods that would effect the Dyno HP and torque numbers. I'm guessing based upon my current mods I would be either hair over or very close to having 300 HP to wheels. Only one way to find out for sure is to have it Dyno.

I was recommended a place in my area and contact was made with the owner. The cost for a Dyno by this business is 100 dollars. For the 100 dollars I would get there separate pulls. It would be great to have three separate pulls because I would love to see the different HP and torque numbers between my 91 performance tune, 91 hybrid tune and 91 MPT tune.

My MPT feels a good bit more aggressive than my hybrid tune but how much more power, I don't know. I would love to see my exact numbers to really show which is a more powerful tune based upon the same octane level, same vehicle and same mods. Is 100.00 dollars a fair price for three Dyno pulls? Thanks for any advice or assistance.

My current mods that would effect the HP and torque numbers and have a 2011 V6 as some may or may not be aware of

91 MPT tune
91 Hybrid tune
AIRRAID CAI
BBK ceramic headers
Off road x pipe.
Flowmaster II axle back exhaust

If one was to take an educated guess based upon my mods do you think I would be at the 300 HP too wheels?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
If you have a 2011 V6 as you just stated, you'r already over 300 HP, it gets 305 HP, with that,and the tunes, you'r probably close to 330 HP depending on the tune.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The price is not that bad, no he won't have 330 to the wheels... Lol. Are you auto or manual? I believe manual they dyno stock at 260 with tune intake and full exhaust I'm going to say 285
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Recently I have been contemplating having my car Dyno to get its HP and Torque numbers. Currently I have a handful of bolt on mods that would effect the Dyno HP and torque numbers. I'm guessing based upon my current mods I would be either hair over or very close to having 300 HP to wheels. Only one way to find out for sure is to have it Dyno.

I was recommended a place in my area and contact was made with the owner. The cost for a Dyno by this business is 100 dollars. For the 100 dollars I would get there separate pulls. It would be great to have three separate pulls because I would love to see the different HP and torque numbers between my 91 performance tune, 91 hybrid tune and 91 MPT tune.

My MPT feels a good bit more aggressive than my hybrid tune but how much more power, I don't know. I would love to see my exact numbers to really show which is a more powerful tune based upon the same octane level, same vehicle and same mods. Is 100.00 dollars a fair price for three Dyno pulls? Thanks for any advice or assistance.

My current mods that would effect the HP and torque numbers and have a 2011 V6 as some may or may not be aware of

91 MPT tune
91 Hybrid tune
AIRRAID CAI
BBK ceramic headers
Off road x pipe.
Flowmaster II axle back exhaust

If one was to take an educated guess based upon my mods do you think I would be at the 300 HP too wheels?
How do u like the hybrid tune?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
The price is not that bad, no he won't have 330 to the wheels... Lol. Are you auto or manual? I believe manual they dyno stock at 260 with tune intake and full exhaust I'm going to say 285
I have automatic.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post

How do u like the hybrid tune?
I really like the hybrid tune alot. Its a great aggressive tune. I highly recommend this tune as a DD tune.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

I have automatic.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

I really like the hybrid tune alot. Its a great aggressive tune. I highly recommend this tune as a DD tune.
Do u feel any change in mpg?
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz
If you have a 2011 V6 as you just stated, you'r already over 300 HP, it gets 305 HP, with that,and the tunes, you'r probably close to 330 HP depending on the tune.
That is crank HP, OP is talking to the wheels. Realistically, since your car is a auto, you're probably looking at 265-290 MAX to the wheels. You got to remember the automatic transmission torque converter will rob you of about 10% power from the drivetrain due to resistance. Manual's generally will make more power.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post

Do u feel any change in mpg?
Prior to my hybrid tune, I could get 30 mpg , highway. I could get 28 mpg doing 75 mph with my hybrid tune. Its really good. My MPT tune I'm getting around 26 mpg rolling 75 mph

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

That is crank HP, OP is talking to the wheels. Realistically, since your car is a auto, you're probably looking at 265-290 MAX to the wheels. You got to remember the automatic transmission torque converter will rob you of about 10% power from the drivetrain due to resistance. Manual's generally will make more power.
I like your higher number 290. Lmao. So, 100 dollars is a fair price for 3 dyno pulls? Sounds good.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Auto ima say 275-280 and yes that's a good price
Old 09-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Yeah I'd say 100$ is a good average price.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Auto ima say 275-280 and yes that's a good price
Sounds good! Thanks. Once I get it done I shall share the results.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Yes 100 is a fair number, make sure the data sheets he gives you are SAE Corrected. you want the car to be warmed up when he does the pulls. Make sure the rear tires are at the correct pressures. When and if you do a repeat dyno you want to match those things on the next run.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Make sure they do it in the gear with the ratio closest to 1:1, idk which one it is with you guys though.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
$100 for 3 pulls is fair. Just make sure they give you the printouts for each pull!
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
$100 for 3 pulls is fair. Just make sure they give you the printouts for each pull!
Most definitively to get the print outs. I actually got a deal for my mustang club. $40 for 2 Dyno pulls and sniff test for air fuel ratio. Its set up for Saturday 09/28/13. I'm looking forward to seeing my HP and torque numbers with my 91 hybrid tune compared to my 91 MPT race performance tune.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion