no more 5.0 : ( - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #36
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Yess 600 hp and get walked by a less powerful coyote. Dont get me wrong its a bad *** car. But needs a blower swap
Might be just me, but I dont see any n/a coyotes beating this. Blower? I'm sure they would, but its nice to know my motor can handle the boost and I have 5 years left on the powertrain warranty. Its for sure, enough power for me.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
More pics to come. The shelby is mine. Still learning how to drive it. Ive never owned a manual car.
Can you get a Shelby with an automatic transmission?
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Thats good then. At least you know it was taken care of. Bring it back ton dealer and have them check it out

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------



Bc it would. It needs a blower swap.
So you're telling me that a stock coyote is gonna beat a 12 Shelby? That's a less powerful coyote. You're crazy, I like you but you're crazy! Lol

People need to remember that you don't hav to have the fastest car to have an awesome car. I'm tired of everyone always saying "this ca will best that car." "That car isn't as fast as this car." So what! It's a badass Shelby. There's always going to be a faster car.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

So you're telling me that a stock coyote is gonna beat a 12 Shelby? That's a less powerful coyote. You're crazy, I like you but you're crazy! Lol
Never said a stock coyote did I?
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Never said a stock coyote did I?
You said less powerful you nincompoop lol you didn't specify. Good grief, just be happy for the guy. Doesn't have to be the fastest to be a badass car. Again,...there's always going to be a faster car. I'd take a 12 Shelby with 3k miles over my 5.0 with 2k miles and its blown.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,252
Fastest stock blower 07-12 gt500 is a 10.3 something. Fastest NA 5.0 is a 10.7

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

You said less powerful you nincompoop lol you didn't specify. Good grief, be happy for the guy. Doesn't have to be the fastest to be a badass car. Again,...there's always going to be a faster car.
Told the guy it was a bad *** car bud. Just said he needs to do a blower swap
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Fastest stock blower 07-12 gt500 is a 10.3 something. Fastest NA 5.0 is a 10.7
Cool story, tell it again. Lol I've said it already but one more time. A car doesn't have to be the fastest to be an awesome car. Be happy for the guy and congratulate him since it was something he really wanted and was able to make it happen.

You're one of the guys who walks car meets going "that cars slow" "I'd take that car all day"probably with your chest out and nose high, am I right? A srt8 challenger is slow as micheal Moore running a mile but its still a nice car. THERE IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE A FASTE CAR.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,252


---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

Cool story, tell it again. Lol I've said it already but one more time. A car doesn't have to be the fastest to be an awesome car. Be happy for the guy and congratulate him since it was something he really wanted and was able to make it happen.

You're one of the guys who walks car meets going "that cars slow" "I'd take that car all day"probably with your chest out and nose high, am I right? A srt8 challenger is slow as micheal Moore running a mile but its still a nice car. THERE IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE A FASTE CAR.
Im one of those guys really? Lol I dont have time for car meets for 1.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Anyways, congratulations again OP! You have a great ride. Got any more pics to share?
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Love the car and the little stripes are my favorite in a shelby!! Good job
Once you go red you never go back lol

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Last weekend I when to a car meet and there where 6 5.0s there wtf!!! It made me want to trade in for a shelby or 08 z06. 5.0 are played out
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Congrats OP while the 13+ to me look more awesome, a 12 Shelby is not bad at all!! Awesome ride that comes with all the goodies and more... So how many miles did u have in the 13 when u traded it??
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
TooSlow4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Love the car and the little stripes are my favorite in a shelby!! Good job
Once you go red you never go back lol

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Last weekend I when to a car meet and there where 6 5.0s there wtf!!! It made me want to trade in for a shelby or 08 z06. 5.0 are played out
I almost traded for a 09 z06 but got cold feet when I went to sign papers.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

I almost traded for a 09 z06 but got cold feet when I went to sign papers.
Z06 at the road course with just slicks r6 Hoosier are Embarrassing gtr and Porsches lol awesome machines
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #49
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
My 5.0 had 20k miles on it, and I was having a major suspension crisis. I was either going to buy this car or replace my entire suspension lol. Im glad I got the car. Now I just have to explain this to the wife : /
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
McQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
My 5.0 had 20k miles on it, and I was having a major suspension crisis. I was either going to buy this car or replace my entire suspension lol. Im glad I got the car. Now I just have to explain this to the wife : /
Just say it is the same car but u just put white stripes lol
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #51
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Just say it is the same car but u just put white stripes lol
Lets hope she isn't very good with cars if he is going to do that lol.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
3k rpm then dump the clutch
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #53
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Well...my boost gauge works! It turns out I wasnt in the rpm where boost kicks in lol. Still trying to learn how to drive it. Still getting some squeaking around corners though. Im seriously done with buying cars and mods though This stuff has really taken over my life. Not healthy at all.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

What is clutch dumping?
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Well...my boost gauge works! It turns out I wasnt in the rpm where boost kicks in lol. Still trying to learn how to drive it. Still getting some squeaking around corners though. Im seriously done with buying cars and mods though This stuff has really taken over my life. Not healthy at all.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

What is clutch dumping?
Push gas and violently let off of the clutch it will make you smile from ear to ear
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Robbiemustang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Well...my boost gauge works! It turns out I wasnt in the rpm where boost kicks in lol. Still trying to learn how to drive it. Still getting some squeaking around corners though. Im seriously done with buying cars and mods though This stuff has really taken over my life. Not healthy at all.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

What is clutch dumping?
When you dump the clutch lol you push the gas till about 3k and you let go of the clutch fast. Not like easing out of it. You just let it go. Its not great on your clutch thoe. It will spin your tires.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Push gas and violently let off of the clutch it will make you smile from ear to ear
What he said.
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #56
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
So how can I do a spirited take off without dumping it? I feel like a Grannie taking off. im getting smooth niw, just takes me a bit to get going
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
So how can I do a spirited take off without dumping it? I feel like a Grannie taking off. im getting smooth niw, just takes me a bit to get going
Best thing you can do is go to an abandoned parking lot or some rarely used backroad and practice. I feel sorry for that Shelby's clutch lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:11 PM   #58
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Ive been letting off the clutch just enough to start going and then keep my foot on the brake until the light turns green. Seems to work for me as far as getting moving ect... I hope I get better quick. I want to see what this thing can do.

And...the wife found out. Couch for me tonight and maybe the rest of the week. I feel awful actually. I am never ever doing this again.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Can you get a Shelby with an automatic transmission?
No you can't and that's the way it should be the boss only came in manual as well

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Ive been letting off the clutch just enough to start going and then keep my foot on the brake until the light turns green. Seems to work for me as far as getting moving ect... I hope I get better quick. I want to see what this thing can do.

And...the wife found out. Couch for me tonight and maybe the rest of the week. I feel awful actually. I am never ever doing this again.
Well you have a Shelby now so no need to do it again

A better method for lights or hills is using the e brake. Use your feet like normal but pull up slightly on the e brake to hold you until you want to move and let out of the clutch slightly before you release the e brake.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #60
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
I can't believe u bought that car without telling ur wife. Lmao.

Because MUSTANG!!

U know u drive a mustang when u go trade ur 5.0 in on a Shelby and try to keep it a secret from ur wife! BahahAhaha.

Don't ever let anybody tell u ur car is not wicked. The world of modding comes down to money. At the end of the day a ridiculously modded 5.0 is just that. A Shelby, will always be a Shelby and rumor has it, no more after this year. Which will increase in value more over time?
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #61
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Honestly, I would not push that car much at all until you get a lot better at manual. So much can go wrong with so much power.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
I can believe it if he would've asked his wife, she would've said no. It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #63
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
I can believe it if he would've asked his wife, she would've said no. It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
I'm not married but +10000000
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #64
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Honestly, I would not push that car much at all until you get a lot better at manual. So much can go wrong with so much power.
Yep. I agree. im going to taje my time.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #65
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
Just keep it easy for now. Keep if to empty parking lots. Practice everyday for a couple weeks and I promise, u will be shifting on hills in no time.
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #66
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Just DD that **** lol. I only practiced 3 times in my parents corvette, each like 30 minutes each and like 3 months apart from each other each time. Those were the only 3 times. I went, test drove the Mustang and brought her home, i was driving around town the next day like i've been doing it forever. Should not take long at all to pick it up, and if you drive it every day for less than a week you will be solid.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_fiveoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Spanaway
Region: Washington
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
3,000 miles. I tried to the 13 but I had some neg equity that I rolled over. The 13 would have been like a mortgage payment. I got this for 46k but I negotiated hard after I was approved for the loan amount. So I got it for 42. Got 28k for my trade and I owed like 32. Its still a big payment. But this is a car im giing to drive until its dead. On a side... im noticing some issues. The boost gauge doesn't seem to work, and im getting some squeaking from the rear only when I turn left and right.
What was wrong with the 5.0 that you'd want to trade it in?

Are you just a huge Shelby fan?

If I ever had the money to buy a fast stang, i'd get the super snake, but i'll probably never see that kind of money in my lifetime, lol.
__________________
DJ
'12 Mustang GT(M6)
'99 Audi A4 Quattro(A5)
SOLD: '06 Pontiac GTO(M6)
"I cheated on GM with Ford... Don't tell Dodge!"
dj_fiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:22 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Tpost08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_fiveoh View Post

What was wrong with the 5.0 that you'd want to trade it in?

Are you just a huge Shelby fan?

If I ever had the money to buy a fast stang, i'd get the super snake, but i'll probably never see that kind of money in my lifetime, lol.
He was having problems with his suspension.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:51 AM   #69
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
TommyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: La Mesa, Ca
Region: California
Posts: 559
Hi honey. I just traded in our car and spent $10,000 more on this used car. I'm sorry for not asking you first.......honey?
__________________
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:20 AM   #70
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
Hi honey. I just traded in our car and spent $10,000 more on this used car. I'm sorry for not asking you first.......honey?
Yeah seriously! Didnt go well.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:42 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.