Should i sell for a 2015 GT!? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #1

Region: New York
Should i sell for a 2015 GT!?

Hey guys just wanted to get some opinions if you were in my shoes.

I currently have a 2000 GT with a new (4.6 stock) engine with 10k miles. New transmission, and 3.55 gears.

I have seen a few covered pics of the 2015 and figured it will look amazing. I'm torn between keeping my 2000 or trading it in.

I don't need 800hp but the new gt should have at least 400 N\A. I would need to slap a kenne bell and hope to hit 400 with my gt.

What would you guys do, sell or keep the 2000 ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-37441541.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	653.0 KB
ID:	128216  
Patrickandberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickandberry View Post
Hey guys just wanted to get some opinions if you were in my shoes.

I currently have a 2000 GT with a new (4.6 stock) engine with 10k miles. New transmission, and 3.55 gears.

I have seen a few covered pics of the 2015 and figured it will look amazing. I'm torn between keeping my 2000 or trading it in.

I don't need 800hp but the new gt should have at least 400 N\A. I would need to slap a kenne bell and hope to hit 400 with my gt.

What would you guys do, sell or keep the 2000 ?
Sell your 2000
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #3

What reasons would you sell. I'm trying to convince myself to sell it. I even though ford would have some great deals on the 2014 after the 2015 is released. Do you think this will happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What reasons would you sell. I'm trying to convince myself to sell it. I even though ford would have some great deals on the 2014 after the 2015 is released. Do you think this will happen?
I think you will see people sell there practically new 13 and 2014 just to buy and say they had the first next generation stang. I think you will get a freaking steal of a 2014 because some dude out there will be willing to take a bath just to buy the 2015 model.

I think the reason is look at the power your gonna get with a stock 5.0. You would have to supercharge and mod the ball snot out of your 2000 to match the power of the 5.0. You get a 2014 5.0 and tune. You will be over 400 HP to wheels. That's sweet.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #5

I mean I really do like the 2011-2014 a lot, I could live with one of them. I'm going to see what deals I can search up
Old 09-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I mean I really do like the 2011-2014 a lot, I could live with one of them. I'm going to see what deals I can search up
You can buy the 2015 but I wouldn't expect any great deals at first. I don't think dealerships will screw customers like Chevy did when the Camaro first came out but not sure how much off MSRP the dealerships will be first going on the 15 models.

People will be listing there 13 and 14 models like crazy.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #7

What did Chevy do?
Old 09-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
What did Chevy do?
Depending on the area you lived in, they added an additional $3,500 over the sticker price in my area. There reasoning was they only got a limitied amount of cars, so they price f*cked everyone.

Sorry but it's not that nice of a car and I am pretty sure I can live without one!

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I think you will see people sell there practically new 13 and 2014 just to buy and say they had the first next generation stang. I think you will get a freaking steal of a 2014 because some dude out there will be willing to take a bath just to buy the 2015 model.

I think the reason is look at the power your gonna get with a stock 5.0. You would have to supercharge and mod the ball snot out of your 2000 to match the power of the 5.0. You get a 2014 5.0 and tune. You will be over 400 HP to wheels. That's sweet.
Kona, would you buy a 2015 or wait two years to see if they have any problems in the design area?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Depending on the area you lived in, they added an additional $3,500 over the sticker price in my area. There reasoning was they only got a limitied amount of cars, so they price f*cked everyone.

Sorry but it's not that nice of a car and I am pretty sure I can live without one!

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Kona, would you buy a 2015 or wait two years to see if they have any problems in the design area?
That's quite dirty, I never liked the Campari anyways. Even the new ones I could go without. I will say the challenge caught my eye.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I just traded in my 99gt for a 2014 last week. A I know how you feel. My engine had about 55k miles on it, comp cams, ported polished heads, cai, 75mm throttle body , bbk shorty headers, magnaflow cat back, short shifter, loads of interior mods and a tune to wrap it up. I miss it for some things, but man ... 420 hp bone stock in my new gt is something hard to wrap your head around. It's hilariously quick. I just get all giggly when I get to open up the throttle and lay down some rubber. It's your call, but yeah if ever you got some more questions.., don't be shy
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What did Chevy do?
Back in 2009 when the new 2010 Camaro first came out many dealerships were charging thousands of dollars above MSRP for the Camaro. I'm talking anywhere from 2 to 4 thousand dollars over MSRP. This on top was the time GM had gone bankrupted, taken billions of bail out money and GM was trying to rebuild there reputation. So what does Chevy (GM) do, they go and jam the consumer thousands of dollars over MSRP for the Camaro.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Back in 2009 when the new 2010 Camaro first came out many dealerships were charging thousands of dollars above MSRP for the Camaro. I'm talking anywhere from 2 to 4 thousand dollars over MSRP. This on top was the time GM had gone bankrupted, taken billions of bail out money and GM was trying to rebuild there reputation. So what does Chevy (GM) do, they go and jam the consumer thousands of dollars over MSRP for the Camaro.
All brands do that, it's called supply & demand.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
I just traded in my 99gt for a 2014 last week. A I know how you feel. My engine had about 55k miles on it, comp cams, ported polished heads, cai, 75mm throttle body , bbk shorty headers, magnaflow cat back, short shifter, loads of interior mods and a tune to wrap it up. I miss it for some things, but man ... 420 hp bone stock in my new gt is something hard to wrap your head around. It's hilariously quick. I just get all giggly when I get to open up the throttle and lay down some rubber. It's your call, but yeah if ever you got some more questions.., don't be shy
How did it affect your insurance. My gt is paided off so insurance is cheap I would guess it would go up quite a bit with a 2014? Also if you don't mind me asking, what did they give you for your 99gt?
Old 09-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Figures. And it's an ugly car too. Would never buy one. Big catfish....
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How did it affect your insurance. My gt is paided off so insurance is cheap I would guess it would go up quite a bit with a 2014? Also if you don't mind me asking, what did they give you for your 99gt?
Well. Obviously my insurance went up a bit, but not as bad as you'd think. I pay 220 a month for it. Which is not bad considering all factors. I got about 5k for my mustang. Now I could've gotten more on the streets for it, but it was more than any other dealership had offered me for it (they don't usually offer top dollar for used wheels) and I really wanted that new 2014 hehe.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #16

That insurance seems high, I only pay 98 dollars for full coverage on a 2010 honda insight and 2000 gt. the honda is leased and mustang is paid off. I can't afford that hike in insurance
Old 09-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I pay $71 a month for full coverage on my 2012 5.0. I'm mid 20s with a CDL and zero accidents or tickets.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
I pay $71 a month for full coverage on my 2012 5.0. I'm mid 20s with a CDL and zero accidents or tickets.
Well that sounds better, I'm 25 with no accidents nor tickets since I was 18, hope to keep it that way
Old 09-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Well that sounds better, I'm 25 with no accidents nor tickets since I was 18, hope to keep it that way
Set the cruise on speed limit is pretty much all I do. Save the speeding for the track! Accidents can happen either way, just don't let them be your fault! I have usaa and they have great coverage for the price I pay.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Car payments suck. A modded sn95/edge pushing 400whp will be just as fun, you get the sleeper factor and you own the car. Great deals are already out there on 2011s too.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I live in Canada, so don't rely too much on my insurance quote lol. You should call your insurance and ask what they would charge you.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Set the cruise on speed limit is pretty much all I do. Save the speeding for the track! Accidents can happen either way, just don't let them be your fault! I have usaa and they have great coverage for the price I pay.
I had usaa for 5 years and finally decided to call them and ask why my insurance was 210 a month for 2 cars. They said its the rate in my area. I went online got quotes from geico, Liberty mutual, Progressive, and a few more. They all were around 100 bucks but geico was 98 a month, full coverage for 2 cars. I thought they helped service members but in my case charged me double. Also I have no tickets or anything negative on my record

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote:

I live in Canada, so don't rely too much on my insurance quote lol. You should call your insurance and ask what they would charge you.
How can you afford to drive. My aunt (lives in Ontario) said gas was nearly 6 dollars a gallon. It's 3.80 in NY and I Cringe at the pump
Old 09-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I had usaa for 5 years and finally decided to call them and ask why my insurance was 210 a month for 2 cars. They said its the rate in my area. I went online got quotes from geico, Liberty mutual, Progressive, and a few more. They all were around 100 bucks but geico was 98 a month, full coverage for 2 cars. I thought they helped service members but in my case charged me double. Also I have no tickets or anything negative on my record

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

How can you afford to drive. My aunt (lives in Ontario) said gas was nearly 6 dollars a gallon. It's 3.80 in NY and I Cringe at the pump
Lol it's not that bad. Is about 4.95 a gallon in British Columbia. Ontario has the lowest prices in all of Canada. I was in Ottawa last month and it was roughly 4.50. So not that bad. If we can afford to drive, you guys shouldn't whine . I love driving in the us, it's hella cheap. A buddy of mine just took a posting in Washington state, so every once in a while ,il drive down there. The gas and alcohol prices are just so cheap compared to BC lol.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #24

Quote:

Lol it's not that bad. Is about 4.95 a gallon in British Columbia. Ontario has the lowest prices in all of Canada. I was in Ottawa last month and it was roughly 4.50. So not that bad. If we can afford to drive, you guys shouldn't whine . I love driving in the us, it's hella cheap. A buddy of mine just took a posting in Washington state, so every once in a while ,il drive down there. The gas and alcohol prices are just so cheap compared to BC lol.
What do you expect, we Americans complain about everything haha. I bought a Honda insight and it gets 42 mpg.
, my daily driver. Then I drive the mustang and blow through a tank of gas in a weekend.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What do you expect, we Americans complain about everything haha. I bought a Honda insight and it gets 42 mpg.
, my daily driver. Then I drive the mustang and blow through a tank of gas in a weekend.
Ya we complain about no job's, but we buy foreign products like there's no tomorrow.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Ya we complain about no job's, but we buy foreign products like there's no tomorrow.
Your right, I try to by American as much as possible but in our economy it's tough.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion