condensation - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luke02GTmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Charlestown
Region: Indiana
Posts: 278
condensation

I have water slowly drilling out of my left exhaust pipe only, is it normal?
Luke02GTmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mlarv5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kent Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke02GTmustang View Post
I have water slowly drilling out of my left exhaust pipe only, is it normal?
Might be I did not look to see were you lived but if has been humid like it has been here in OH and you are only running it short distances then yes. The reason I think is because the exhaust does not complete heat up to dry it out. Of course this is a SWAG. Mine does it also as well as the rest of the cars in my stable.
__________________
1968 Coupe <53000 miles on her 289 came off the line Jan 21st 1968. I bought it in 1983

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luke02GTmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Charlestown
Region: Indiana
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlarv5 View Post

Might be I did not look to see were you lived but if has been humid like it has been here in OH and you are only running it short distances then yes. The reason I think is because the exhaust does not complete heat up to dry it out. Of course this is a SWAG. Mine does it also as well as the rest of the cars in my stable.
yea man I live in indiana and it's been hotter than hell
Luke02GTmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Water is a bi product of the chemical reaction in the combustion chambers... The reason some people don't see it is because it evaporates when the exhaust is hot. It's completely natural to have water come out...
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luke02GTmustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Charlestown
Region: Indiana
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Water is a bi product of the chemical reaction in the combustion chambers... The reason some people don't see it is because it evaporates when the exhaust is hot. It's completely natural to have water come out...
awesome, thanks!!
Luke02GTmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:53 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.