About to go loco at ford tomorrow! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
About to go loco at ford tomorrow!

I bought my car back in 2011 and since I got it I have had it at ford almost more than I've been driving it it seems. I have taken it in 6 times for the service advancetrac system and just tonight the light came back on! I also had 3 tpms sensors go out and an issue with the ignition switch fuses blowing all the time. Taking it back tomorrow and I plan on making a scene about it. I bought the car with 7k miles on it and its still covered under factory warranty for another year and 10k miles. I also bought an extended 7yr/100k warranty and I feel like it's a damn good thing I did. What should I expect out of them? They obviously don't care to fix it the right way.. Otherwise I wouldn't have to keep going back?
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Uh oh
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Lemon law in Texas covers used cars under a factory warranty if you can prove the condition existed while under factory warranty and that after numerous attempts the condition still exist. It must either affect resale value noticeably or be considered a safety risk. My car has no traction control when it's doing this so "safety" and I couldn't sell it with that light on knowing its going to keep coming on "resale value".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Gotta stick it to the man
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
If contact ford. Put them in the know. If they dnt do anything, keep pushing the issue.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
If contact ford. Put them in the know. If they dnt do anything, keep pushing the issue.
Well what's funny is that they have had to contact ford more than once to figure out why my fuel pump/ignition switch wire is going out. Also, I've made them give me a loaner car every time and every time they have to apply for an loaner approval from ford.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
I bought my car back in 2011 and since I got it I have had it at ford almost more than I've been driving it it seems. I have taken it in 6 times for the service advancetrac system and just tonight the light came back on! I also had 3 tpms sensors go out and an issue with the ignition switch fuses blowing all the time. Taking it back tomorrow and I plan on making a scene about it. I bought the car with 7k miles on it and its still covered under factory warranty for another year and 10k miles. I also bought an extended 7yr/100k warranty and I feel like it's a damn good thing I did. What should I expect out of them? They obviously don't care to fix it the right way.. Otherwise I wouldn't have to keep going back?
Maybe you should have bought a Camaro instead?
(Poke with a sharp stick)
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I dont know...
The only "brand new" Ford that I have ever bought, was, like your car, seemingly a lemon for the first five years I owned it. Everything went wrong.
I too, bought the extended warranty and was glad that I did.
Between them and I, we got all the kinks worked out and it has been an extremely reliable vehicle until just recently.
That was 23 years ago.
It's still a good enough truck that, I just freshened it up one last time and am going to keep driving it.
My point is: Dont give up. I have switched dealerships, if I thought that one wasn't "cutting the mustard".
They will live up to their end of the warranty, but it is up to YOU, to make sure that the dealerships that are performing the work on your car, are technically capable of doing so. The skill levels of the technicians can vary. I know it's a pain in the ***, but, you may have to try another service dept. if they can't seem to fix your problem.
Anyway, try to be nice when you go in there and, Good Luck!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I dont know...
The only "brand new" Ford that I have ever bought, was, like your car, seemingly a lemon for the first five years I owned it. Everything went wrong.
I too, bought the extended warranty and was glad that I did.
Between them and I, we got all the kinks worked out and it has been an extremely reliable vehicle until just recently.
That was 23 years ago.
It's still a good enough truck that, I just freshened it up one last time and am going to keep driving it.
My point is: Dont give up. I have switched dealerships, if I thought that one wasn't "cutting the mustard".
They will live up to their end of the warranty, but it is up to YOU, to make sure that the dealerships that are performing the work on your car, are technically capable of doing so. The skill levels of the technicians can vary. I know it's a pain in the ***, but, you may have to try another service dept. if they can't seem to fix your problem.
Anyway, try to be nice when you go in there and, Good Luck!
I hear you on that one. I am just tired of it always being at ford and always driving loaner cars. I would rather start over with a different car that doesn't have issues. It seems like everytime I think I'm in the clear it happens again. I think I'm going to go in tomorrow and tell them I am consulting a lemon law lawyer in regard to the issue and see what they say.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I hear you on that one. I am just tired of it always being at ford and always driving loaner cars. I would rather start over with a different car that doesn't have issues. It seems like everytime I think I'm in the clear it happens again. I think I'm going to go in tomorrow and tell them I am consulting a lemon law lawyer in regard to the issue and see what they say.
Google Lemon Law before you go in. It may only apply to the original purchaser...

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Edit: Sorry. Just saw your previous post. Lol.

Go gettum KILLER!!!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Well just a little update:

Ford has made a case and have sent an engineer to search over the car. The car was deemed a safety hazard and I'm unable to drive it until issues are resolved. They gave me a 2014 Taurus SHO rental car though which is awesome! I actually really like it. They told me that they have no word for me until higher ups at ford get to hear my case on my car. The current issues with the car are as follows:

3x tire pressure warning system malfunction
4x service advancetrac system failure
2x ignition switch fuse failure

The car is up to date for all servicing and oil changes at every 4k miles. Currently still under factory warranty and has been declared a lemon under Texas law. The only issue resolved as of now is the tire pressure warning and all of these issues have occurred within the first year of me owning the vehicle. Currently looking into getting into a race red 2014 or having the car bought back and trying to buy a z06 but I'm not sure yet. I'm a die-hard ford guy but these new mustangs are scarin me off lol.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Well just a little update:

Ford has made a case and have sent an engineer to search over the car. The car was deemed a safety hazard and I'm unable to drive it until issues are resolved. They gave me a 2014 Taurus SHO rental car though which is awesome! I actually really like it. They told me that they have no word for me until higher ups at ford get to hear my case on my car. The current issues with the car are as follows:

3x tire pressure warning system malfunction
4x service advancetrac system failure
2x ignition switch fuse failure

The car is up to date for all servicing and oil changes at every 4k miles. Currently still under factory warranty and has been declared a lemon under Texas law. The only issue resolved as of now is the tire pressure warning and all of these issues have occurred within the first year of me owning the vehicle. Currently looking into getting into a race red 2014 or having the car bought back and trying to buy a z06 but I'm not sure yet. I'm a die-hard ford guy but these new mustangs are scarin me off lol.
I love Mustangs... With that said, go for the Z06 lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

I love Mustangs... With that said, go for the Z06 lol
I would like to. I'm really diggin this 2014 they have though. I just see them trying to make a deal out of it and giving me the run around on my 2012. Used z06s are $$$$
Old 09-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Hmm.. I have the tire pressure warning, but I'll just have them look at it next time I take it in..
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Hmm.. I have the tire pressure warning, but I'll just have them look at it next time I take it in..
They had to replace 3 of my sensors to fix the issue.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

New ride... For now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2483821181.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	487.4 KB
ID:	129340  
Old 09-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I like that Taurus. It's a limited right. They are so comfortable
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
I like that Taurus. It's a limited right. They are so comfortable
Yeah it's a SHO! It's deceivingly fast for a huge car. It's also like riding in a Cadillac.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah it's a SHO! It's deceivingly fast for a huge car. It's also like riding in a Cadillac.

My Police Dept started buying the Taurus "Police Interceptor" package for unmarked vehicles. We've used the Tauras for years as unmarked and detective cars and they were pieces of junk after a few years. The new Taurus is an amazing improvement over the older style. I was going to get one as a take home vehicle but my boss pulled rank and grabbed it. I'm driving his 2011 Crown Vic..
3.31 gears
On order
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky007 View Post

My Police Dept started buying the Taurus "Police Interceptor" package for unmarked vehicles. We've used the Tauras for years as unmarked and detective cars and they were pieces of junk after a few years. The new Taurus is an amazing improvement over the older style. I was going to get one as a take home vehicle but my boss pulled rank and grabbed it. I'm driving his 2011 Crown Vic..
That sucks! I really like this Taurus I'm driving and the only comparison I have for it is a 2001 Taurus with a bad misfire my grandpa used to drive. Crazy difference!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky007 View Post

Bummer. What PD do you work for?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
SHO = TT LOL
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
SHO = TT LOL
What?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Taurus SHO has a twin turbo lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Taurus SHO has a twin turbo lol
Good drugs eh??
Old 09-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Good drugs eh??
Pop the hood!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Good drugs eh??
The Taurus SHO is a 365hp, direct injected twin turbo v6. It's made by the svt ppl at Ford.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:07 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

The Taurus SHO is a 365hp, direct injected twin turbo v6. It's made by the svt ppl at Ford.
I know that my man, I'm driving one.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post

Pop the hood!
Too much plastic IMO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-537148297.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	129597  
Old 09-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Too much plastic IMO
Hmm.. yeah, doesn't look cool or anything..
Old 09-26-2013, 01:09 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

easier to clean lmfao
Autobadges.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:29 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
That sucks about the Stang. My wife has the Limited Taurus, wish I could of talked her into the SHO (why do I need twin turbos? Lol) Good luck
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterzinyou View Post
That sucks about the Stang. My wife has the Limited Taurus, wish I could of talked her into the SHO (why do I need twin turbos? Lol) Good luck
Yeah well I just got the stang back actually. I'm waiting on a verdict from ford but they replaced the whole abs system and couldn't figure anything out as far as the car blowing fuses

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion