Might sell Mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Might sell Mustang

I'm considering trading my 2010 GT Mustang. I totally enjoy this car. The problem is Im tired of having to worry about where I go and park all the time. Worry about who might park next to me and ding the doors. Go into town and worry about the rims being on when I get back. Does anyone else think about this. Great deals now on the F150 and Fusion. Maybe this will pass
Martysmustang62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #2

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martysmustang62 View Post
I'm considering trading my 2010 GT Mustang. I totally enjoy this car. The problem is Im tired of having to worry about where I go and park all the time. Worry about who might park next to me and ding the doors. Go into town and worry about the rims being on when I get back. Does anyone else think about this. Great deals now on the F150 and Fusion. Maybe this will pass
Let it pass!
TimGuss09Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
That's a feeling you will get with all your cars, even when I drive our bearer truck around I still park away from everyone else so it doesn't get dinged.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I'm the same way! Lol the reason i have bought a new stang. Ill be scared to drive it for somebody to scratch it and all
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I know the feeling...
That is probably my biggest "pet peeve" when it comes to my Mustang.
I'm unaccustomed to having to be "on guard" all of the time.
I try to do my best and things just keep happening to my car.

Luckily, I also have an old truck that is more likely to give out door dings and such, than recieve them.

But. SWEET MARY, MOTHER OF JESUS!!?!??!!!
Will it ever end? The damn thing has been in the body shop a lot in the short time that I've owned it...

For me, a brand new vehicle wouldn't be the answer.
Maybe you just need another, not-so-nice cosmetically, good running, vehicle to use as a daily driver.
And take a rest from the torture chamber...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Get some wheel locks
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Straybullit You hit the nail on the head. Perfect the way you describe how it is to own a Mustang. I will consider a used F150 for about $5000
Old 09-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
You're obviously not alone man. I take I'd say, 3x longer to park than the normal person who just pulls up and parks. I pull up, back out, straighten up, make sure there's enough room, etc. I'm just used to it.

At least you have a relatively new car, when I bought my 2006 V6 it had 3 owners, the last one being some dumb college kid who scratched and dinged the hell out of the thing (I bought a whole new paint job eventually).

Now I have a 2010 GT as well in mint condition and don't worry nearly as much.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #9

Region: New York
Quote:
I'm not sure I follow here.... you have a 2010 car that cost somewhere in the 20-30K range.... you're worried about dings and such, so you're going to trade this for a 3-4 year newer 20-30K car?

I'm all for parking away from people to keep the dings at bay... I'm just saying, I don't see how your possible car choices are less valuable than what you have currently. if you're going to go out and get a beater, fine. But IMHO if you're looking new, or even a few years old....... you're in the same spot, if not worse, since you will have to bring $$ to the table.

I don't know what rims you have, but if theft is a concern, go get some stock rims and let that be your compromise.

you have a GT, not a GT500, its precious to you, not the world, drive it and have fun.
Chrisk327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Anyone else realize this is pretty much the definition of "First world problems"?
qccoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisk327 View Post
you have a GT, not a GT500, its precious to you, not the world, drive it and have fun.
That's how I see it.. I just have a cheap Mustang GT not a new M3, RS5 etc.. so I don't worry..
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Went to test drive a 2014 Fusion SE. I had $7000 in trade in value, based on what I still owe. I was not happy with the quality of the Fusion. Would have been too big of a step down. So I weathered the trade in storm. Thanks for all the in put
Old 09-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Try to find an old truck that hasn't been too beat on (tall order Ik) and that you can pay cash for, Marty.
It will take away a lot of the stress...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion