Salesperson and the Survey - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Salesperson and the Survey

When I purchased my car, the Salesman pointed to the 3 banners hung up in the showroom about winning awards over the past three years. Then the salesman held up a laminated survey with X's in the completely satisfied box and told me anything less than that would have a huge impact on him. He went so far as to say that even a very satisfied is failing and he would suffer. He spent a good 10 minutes drilling home the point. When I picked up the car he mentioned it again. After they put the wrong spoiler on my car he was very adamant that I still needed to give all perfect scores. A week later he called me to remind me that when I did the survey to mark him perfect even though he knows I had some issues with the process. What is the point of the survey when Ford has to know the survey results are skewed because of the intense pressure the salespeople put on the customers? I find it disgusting frankly. I want to give an honest survey but I know I will be seeing this guy again and he will know what the survey results were from what I have been told. It is not anonymous. Anyone else have that experience?
3.31 gears
On order
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
The hell with him how much dough u shellin out, he's the salesman u r the customer. If he did that crap to me I'd walk out the door, be honest he is supposed to be serving u not the other way around. He's not doin u any favors u don't know him why should u lie for him?
Mystic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Did he go above and beyond to fix the problem you had with the spoiler..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
Did he go above and beyond to fix the problem you had with the spoiler..
Not particularly. Normally I would just be honest in the survey and let the chips fall where they may. In this case, General Salesmanager is a good friend of my son. So I have that angle. The buying of the car was pretty good. The salesman promised to keep me informed of the progress and send build date, VIN and window sticker when available. I waited a month without hearing anyhting and checked on my own and found it was actually being delivered in 2 days. I added the 3.31 upgrade gears to the package a week after ordering and was told it was added but it never was. That part they fixed by adding them for the same cost at the dealership so I'm okay with that. It's the spoiler, stripes and dealer add ons after the sale that is the main problem. they have not only dropped the ball, the kicked it into our own end zone.
3.31 gears
On order
Old 09-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky007 View Post
zone. Not particularly. Normally I would just be honest in the survey and let the chips fall where they may. In this case, General Salesmanager is a good friend of my son. So I have that angle. The buying of the car was pretty good. The salesman promised to keep me informed of the progress and send build date, VIN and window sticker when available. I waited a month without hearing anyhting and checked on my own and found it was actually being delivered in 2 days. I added the 3.31 upgrade gears to the package a week after ordering and was told it was added but it never was. That part they fixed by adding them for the same cost at the dealership so I'm okay with that. It's the spoiler, stripes and dealer add ons after the sale that is the main problem. they have not only dropped the ball, the kicked it into our own end zone.
Well if they don't fix that the give them a 0
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Man I was wondering if I was the only one in this same dilemma, so it's good to know I'm not.

My experience:

I bought the car on a Saturday morning, and I was told it would be ready later that day because they had to transfer it from another dealership. Later that day I get a call telling me it would be ready on Monday instead, so I'm pretty bummed out. Monday morning I get a call and they tell me it won't be ready until the next day, so then I'm starting to get pissed. Later in the afternoon on Monday I get a call and they tell me that they sold me a car THAT WAS ALREADY SOLD TO SOMEONE ELSE! So now I have to resign all the papers and work with my insurance to change my coverage for a new VIN. I get the car on Tuesday and it doesn't have the wheel locks on it, so I have to wait for them to put those on which took forever. On top of that, there were a couple other smaller things that resulted in me making extra trips to and from the dealership.

Anyway, after all that the salesman has the audacity to tell me to give perfect scores on the survey, and that anything less is unacceptable. Yeah, in your dreams pal...
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Brother I'd be sore about the guy payin more attention to a rating than actual service and satisfaction when what $20 $25 $30k will be outta your pocket how much is he puttin in his? If the sales managers a friend of your son you sure aren't doin him any favors by not tellin him about this guys sale practices it's his job and his reputation too. I wouldn't go near that lot judging by what ur sayin deal or no deal also consider actual Ford lots don't usually have the best prices on used cars at least that's been my experience since I started buying cars in the 70s. No offense to any who are salesmen as I was one too but that's what they do is sell however they can makin good bank dependin how persuasive they are. They all have the same tricks they've been pullin since the hard sell came into existence especially at dealerships.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Tell the salesperson that you won't compromise on your honesty and you would hope that he would be the same way.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Oh and blamin crap on the overswamped service department is usually bull**** and parts not comin in blah blah blah. Internet!! We all order n get stuff all the time that tired old excuse just doesn't work anymore for all the dough people put out at dealerships sales n service should be spectacular IMHO!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Where I bought my car, they went over the same things. Basically anything that is not highest score is an automatic failure. They asked that I call them with any concerns that I may have about my experience and let them make it right before dinging them on the survey.

I gave them a good overall score, not perfect because one of the guys was overly pushy with the extended warranty. Sorry, but if I tell you I am not interested five times in one conversation, it would make sense to drop it at that. This guy however repeatedly kept bringing up the damn extended warranty until I finally told him that if he were to mention the warranty once more, I would be walking out and taking my business else where.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I slammed my sales person bad on the survey. I repeatedly told them I was looking for a V8 mustang with leather that was low miles and still well within manufacture warranty and they showed me two v6s and then a 2010 4.6 with 42k on it. It wasn't until I searched the lot on my own that I found the lemon that I bought with only 7k on it. The dealer that I went to was required to send me a survey even though the car was slightly used as I was told by the sales manager and that they wanted to make sure I was satisfied and gave perfect scores. After trying to murder me on my trade, showing me the wrong cars, and the salesman not knowing a damn thing about mustangs.. I brought home those "not satisfied" like they were going out of style.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Same here, I slammed them pretty bad. I wasn't even trying to be a dick, I was just being honest about my rough car-buying experience.
CodyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I paid for a GT500 spoiler and the Shelby racing stripes along with Ceramic tint to all be put on when the car arrived. The body shop manager acted surprised when the car showed up. Then he tells me he was waiting for the vin to get the correct paint code. I asked him how many versions of Grabber Blue are there? So we arrange for me to drop off the car Wed morning. They are to be finished by Thursday afternoon. On thursday they call and tell me to come pick it up but because the paint needs to cure for 5 days on the spoiler, they can't put the stripes on, I'll have to bring it back the following week. I'm pretty damned disappointed at that time because I was driving the car back to my home town for a visit and wanted to show it off to my family all done up. I get there and after the salesman apologizes for not having it done like promised, I see they put on a regular spoiler. I am shocked. I said I paid $758 dollars for a regular spoiler I could have gotten in a $300 package?? He acts like it's a GT500 spoiler until I take him to a GT500 and ask if he can see the difference. Then he is shocked. I call the Body shop manager who is gone for the day and ask him why he installed the wrong spoiler. Turns out he didn't even bother to check what his guys painted and installed over 2 days... So I picked up the car on the 6th, today it still has the wrong spoiler, no stripes and they won't have the right spoiler ready until next Monday... Not impressed...not at all...
3.31 gears
On order
Old 09-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2381160958.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	480.3 KB
ID:	129534
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3448210076.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	503.1 KB
ID:	129535  
3.31 gears
On order
Old 09-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #15
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky007 View Post
That's just the standard GT spoiler. Wtf!

All you guys salesmen are a bunch of armatures. My sales guy was flat out, he said to me, hey buddy, in about a week, you're gonna get a survey in the mail. Fill it out, give me a perfect score and I'll fill your tank up with gas when you turn it in to me.

Granted, that's only about $50 but he did the same thing for me when I bought my F150 and that was about $130. Plus, my sales guy actually did deserve a perfect score. The service I got from him after the deal was done with both vehicles has been great. Any issue I've had with the service department, one call to him and he'll walk over there and straiten it out.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ Exactly what you should expect a salesman earning the good feedback when you're spending thousands!!!!!
Old 09-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I have yet to receive a survey for my '14 purchase in May, like I did for the other 3 new Fords I've bought from an out-of-town dealer. I've never been pressured to give a good report.

Back in '06, I was told by a 29 year Ford salesman, "I treat all customers the same, new vehicles or used. I provide the best purchasing experience possible. If you see something wrong with my salesmanship techniques, your new truck or anything at all, please speak up and I'll make it right. I want your return business." He also told me, "Exceptional survey responses are important to our dealership and we get them regularly. That's why your hometown dealer had a handful of "Plain Jane" work trucks to choose from and we have ten times that amount, with every option Ford offers. Our allotment is not increased solely by exceptional surveys, but it certainly helps us receive larger inventories each model year." He must have been right. The dealership has expanded a lot since then and their inventory is huge.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion