Mustang pride - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Mustang pride

I just replied to a post regarding the lack of ownership pride held by the majority of Mustang owners. In the Harley and Corvette world an owner will kill themselves to wave at like owners they pass on the road. I have been studying this situation and have come up with the following observations.

First, one has to realize that about 50% of Mustangs are driven by females whose daddies bought them for graduating high school. "They are such cute cars, don't I look great behind the wheel?"

Then the next 30% are their counterparts, the young boys with six-bangers they all think can set Nurburgring records. These drivers are too busy looking at themselves in the rearview mirror checking for zits to realize that anyone else even has a Mustang.

These predominate two groups are followed by adults of both sexes who want a "sporty car" (whatever that means) simply to get them from point A to point B. "Hey, it was fairly cheap and gets good gas mileage to and from work". This bunch has about another 10% of the total Mustang population.

Finally there are final 10%, us, the true Mustang lovers. We live, die, and breathe Mustang. We are constantly scratching our heads as to why anyone would own anything else. Come on, you know who you are. We take great pride in owning and modding our machines and love everyone that we see, waving like crazy in hopes that we can get a return.

Come on people, regardless of who you are or why you drive a Mustang, pay attention to the other cars on the road, show some pride and wave. You'll find it makes you feel good.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
That's exactly how I feel. Being 16 most people think I'm that majority but I try and wave to other fellow mustangs and I've only gotten 3 waves back. It's kinda sad. I even have gotten flipped off after waving once.
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
I'd have to say in my town there's 5% of us, and 5% of old lady's/guys who bought because there old and couldn't afford a corvette
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
The trippy part for me is that there's a mustang club here in my town that's members only. If outsiders come around they try to get over on you.

I'm on my forth Mustang and didn't even know much about modding until I join this site. The same **** that begged me to join the club sold me a grille for my previous 2008 V6 that was for a GT bumper cover. This guy modded the heck out of his Mustang so I know he knows. Same guy who tried to charge me $500 for my gear install. What kind of pride is that.

It's sad that I trust people on here more than my own city. Hell, 2 of my mods I bought off of a ME guy and I even sat down and had a beer with him.

Maybe I'm alone in this feeling, but in my city the only people I talk to about Mustang are people who likes mine and don't have one.

Sad but true
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I'm 17 and take pride in my car. I waved at a red roush the other day and he didn't wave back. I wave all the time and hardly get waves back. I try to make it obvious just incase they aren't paying attention.
Depack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depack21 View Post
...I try to make it obvious just incase they aren't paying attention.
Keep it up, we'll convert them eventually, LOL!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Theres an old man with a Shelby down the road from where I live, I used to wave at him whenever I'd see him but he literally ignores me, I quit waving and he still ignores he doesn't even look at me. I got him back tho for being such a douch e
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
Theres an old man with a Shelby down the road from where I live, I used to wave at him whenever I'd see him but he literally ignores me, I quit waving and he still ignores he doesn't even look at me. I got him back tho for being such a douch e
How'd you get him back for it haha?
Old 09-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonhess View Post
How'd you get him back for it haha?
If you rev loudmouths a curtain way. You can make it a loud sharp piercing sound, well I saw him in the McDonald's drive through and did just that lol, I scared the **** out of him he actually jumped lmao
Old 09-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
...there's a mustang club here in my town that's members only...
We have a formal club here that is a chapter of the Mustang Club of America. They welcome all Mustang/Ford owners and get everyone involved. There is also an "exclusive" club to which you have to apply for membership after being nominated by another member and a whole slew of qualifications are met. A bit too uppity for me. Plenty of various "meet" groups around. Unfortunately these people are the only ones that see the cars as more than a mode of transportation.

The town where I live has a population of 30,000 and I know I've seen 200 Mustangs around. A friend and myself drove around to several store parking lots and stuck well over 100 cards under wipers to promote a meet. 3 showed up. Maybe we need to provide free beer.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #11
Sad Panda
Staff

im probably the 30% of sixxers that set records cause my v6 is sooo fast
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
Maybe we need to provide free beer.
Beer would make me be front and center.....lol
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
If you rev loudmouths a curtain way. You can make it a loud sharp piercing sound, well I saw him in the McDonald's drive through and did just that lol, I scared the **** out of him he actually jumped lmao
That's hilarious haha. If only he spilled his drink or something.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I'm old and can barley raise my hand out the window!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #15
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I try and give recognition of ALL nice cars, there is even a bright red Camaro SS that I pass more often than not on the way home (going the other way-not that type of pass) that we exchange signs of respect often.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Dude with a sick gtr near me waves at me more than stangs do! But maybe because I use to go to the same gym as the dude for a year. ---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
Lol age is just a number bud! Only as old as you let yourself feel.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #17
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I've only gotten acknowledgement a few times on the road in the mustang. Once my a 94-98 cobra, another time in a 99-04 GT, and another by an 03 cobra. I've almost stopped trying to wave at other mustangs I see on the road.

Weird though because there is a huge mustang car club in the area, but I never see any of their cars on the road, just at shows lol.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I see my Mustang as one of my best friends and I give a Mickey Mouse wave which people probably think is weird
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

"These predominate two groups are followed by adults of both sexes who want a "sporty car" (whatever that means) simply to get them from point A to point B. "Hey, it was fairly cheap and gets good gas mileage to and from work". This bunch has about another 10% of the total Mustang population.

Finally there are final 10%, us, the true Mustang lovers. We live, die, and breathe Mustang. We are constantly scratching our heads as to why anyone would own anything else. Come on, you know who you are. We take great pride in owning and modding our machines and love everyone that we see, waving like crazy in hopes that we can get a return."

I would say that I fit into both of those categories. Then again, in my town Mustangs are a dime a dozen. On my way to work last night there were literally 9 Mustangs at the same intersection... and that's just at that intersection, don't even get me started with the college parking lot!
PureInstinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
That's my excuse, I bet I'm older.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I did get a wave from a very nice looking convertible Fox (Red body with a white top). It cought me off guard and I didn't wave back. I kind of felt like an assh0le for not waving back.
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #22
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezmer View Post
...I kind of felt like an a$$h0le for not waving back.
Good, that means you will try harder.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Wi always wave however I have only gotten one wave back and the rest just ignored me, flipped me off, or others honked aggressively at me.

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:58 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I was on way to work today in my Jeep. Saw a nice fox at gas station and yelled at him. Midnight blue black rims looked clean
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:06 AM   #25

I'm somewhat of a new owner (1 year), but here are my observations in my suburban town in California. I do get a lot of thumbs up, nods, and compliments with my Mustang. That either can be on the road or parked somewhere. I learned right away that Mustang owners are a mini subculture where I'm at. Then there are the challengers. This group just wants to challenge any Mustang or pony car owner. As they pass by in front of me (when I'm working on my car), they immediately rev their engines or burn their tires...like I'm going to be impressed. Or if I'm in my car and they drive up next to me they will rev their engines because they think I want to race in a residential district or on El Camino Real. There is no "hi," a thumbs up, or any type of greeting. They don't know what's underneath my hood, they just want a challenge. Any type of challenge so they can go back to their friends and tell an overinflated story how they gave someone a run for their money.
MrGeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I'm 18 and I have to say I have a huge appreciation of mustangs. I'm part of the local mca chapter as well. I do drive a V6 mustang but I've modified it. I try and give appreciation for any nice or rare cars. My favorite was the time I struck up a conversation with a gentleman at the movies about his Taurus SHO and my mustang. The other thing is 98% of my clothes are mustang related. The rest are school uniforms lol
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #27
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGeek1 View Post
I'm somewhat of a new owner (1 year), but here are my observations in my suburban town in California. I do get a lot of thumbs up, nods, and compliments with my Mustang. That either can be on the road or parked somewhere. I learned right away that Mustang owners are a mini subculture where I'm at. Then there are the challengers. This group just wants to challenge any Mustang or pony car owner. As they pass by in front of me (when I'm working on my car), they immediately rev their engines or burn their tires...like I'm going to be impressed. Or if I'm in my car and they drive up next to me they will rev their engines because they think I want to race in a residential district or on El Camino Real. There is no "hi," a thumbs up, or any type of greeting. They don't know what's underneath my hood, they just want a challenge. Any type of challenge so they can go back to their friends and tell an overinflated story how they gave someone a run for their money.
What part of Cali are you in?

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #28
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Blah ba dee blah blah blah.........
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

i can't really agree to anything in the initial post...i don't see many female mustang drivers in my area...those that do know their stuff. As for younger drivers in v6's....hell i wish when i was younger i had a v6. Absolutely love my v6, and took it over my GT without hesitation. Would love the chance to drive on some of the larger road courses in it .

Am i a true mustang fan...i think so. moreso then i see alot of v8 elitist on most mustang sites and clubs. i don't care if it's a 4 banger, v6, or v8...gen 1, fox, mustang II, sn95, or newer...a mustang is a mustang. i've owned 3 so far and plan to own many more throughout the years. However i don't wave....i don't nod...i don't really care. if i see a nice mustang i'll look...i'll say to myself that's sweet...but i'm not going to wave unless i either know the person or they make a gesture first.

If anyone feels i don't love mustangs or the brotherhood blah blah blah that's cool..doesn't bother me one bit at the end of the day

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:21 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGeek1 View Post
they think I want to race in a residential district or on El Camino Real. There is no "hi," a thumbs up, or any type of greeting.
California? El Camino Real? Dude... I think we might be from the same city!
PureInstinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:24 AM   #31
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
...i don't wave....i don't nod...i don't really care...
Why do I get the feeling that you are really saying, "FU, you're lame, I don't have time for your sh*t."

Crappy attitude for a staff member supposing to promote the "Mustang Evolution".
Old 09-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post

Why do I get the feeling that you are really saying, "FU, you're lame, I don't have time for your sh*t."

Crappy attitude for a staff member supposing to promote the "Mustang Evolution".
Old 09-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Blah ba dee blah blah blah.........
Are you trying to make a point? Oh, I forgot, your "STAFF" you can act like a Dick.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Saw this guy in an older Corvette pulling out of his driveway today so I slowed down and let him out and waved as I passed and he waved back. After waving to 100s of mustangs and only getting 3 waves back the first guy in a corvette I ever waved at waved back haha. Kinda bums me out that the mustang community's like that
Old 09-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
The town that I live in has a lot of mustangs and i wave to every 1 I see if possible and 90% of the time they wave back
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion