Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What would you think of this?

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  mustangz 
#1 ·
I was thnking, since Ford will probably put a turbo 4 cylinder(I'm assuming better MPG) in the Mustang next year, what would you think of a Mustang GT Hybrid?

#5 ·
I was thinking about it, it would be cool, especially if they kept the power up to at least 412 HP, even better if it gets the HP bump that is rumored to happen with the next gen cars. About the sound, I think they might be able to keep the Mustang sound, because (I hate using this as an example) the Camaro, and Corvette have a different/ripping sound to their V8's(I think the Challenger might have a different sound also), so I think they might be able to keep the sound if a GT Hybrid ever happens... and don't rip this apart because I used those cars engine SOUNDS as an example, the GT beats both of those.

#6 ·
Did you own a Ricer in a previous life?

#7 ·
No, I was just thinking about this, making a GT with 22-25 city, and 35-ish highway would be great.

#9 ·
I was just trying to think of a way to get better MPG out of something that's not a 4 cylinder, which I think shouldn't be in a Mustang, I know they are doing it because the Fox body mustang had one. but I'd take my fictional GT Hybrid over that, unless the priced is great, as well as MPG, although, the V8 is rumored to be near 30MPG highway on the next gen cars. Granted, turbo makes the 4 cylinder(rumored at 350HP) slightly tolerable. Yeah I know, the V6 is an option.

#11 ·
I'm not that worried about MPG, that's why I got a Muscle car. I was thinking it would be good for people wanting 400+HP and 33+MPG. The new GT looks like it will be near 30 though,so that's great.

#12 ·
Good idea op...don't worry about how hard some of these guys are...nobody on this site seems to understand change lol. I think it could be a great idea of done right. But with the 4 banger getting such a high mpg and the ability to make it much faster then the GTs I don't think ford will consider a hybrid.

#14 ·
Thanks for the support,yeah, the 4 banger killed that idea. But it probably can't,stock at least, beat a GT(and for the mod money, the GT will always be faster, but get whatever you can afford:thumb:) . The Turbo 4 banger is rumored to be near 350HP, It'll beat a six banger though:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.