What would you think of this? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
What would you think of this?

I was thnking, since Ford will probably put a turbo 4 cylinder(I'm assuming better MPG) in the Mustang next year, what would you think of a Mustang GT Hybrid?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It might be cool if the power can still get up there but not when it doesn't have the mustang sound
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I was thnking, since Ford will probably put a turbo 4 cylinder(I'm assuming better MPG) in the Mustang next year, what would you think of a Mustang GT Hybrid?
My opinion would be, the "Hybrid" should only be offered in a sedan.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
No.... just.... no.....

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I was thinking about it, it would be cool, especially if they kept the power up to at least 412 HP, even better if it gets the HP bump that is rumored to happen with the next gen cars. About the sound, I think they might be able to keep the Mustang sound, because (I hate using this as an example) the Camaro, and Corvette have a different/ripping sound to their V8's(I think the Challenger might have a different sound also), so I think they might be able to keep the sound if a GT Hybrid ever happens... and don't rip this apart because I used those cars engine SOUNDS as an example, the GT beats both of those.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
I was thinking about it, it would be cool, especially if they kept the power up to at least 412 HP, even better if it gets the HP bump that is rumored to happen with the next gen cars. About the sound, I think they might be able to keep the Mustang sound, because (I hate using this as an example) the Camaro, and Corvette have a different/ripping sound to their V8's(I think the Challenger might have a different sound also), so I think they might be able to keep the sound if a GT Hybrid ever happens... and don't rip this apart because I used those cars engine SOUNDS as an example, the GT beats both of those.
Did you own a Ricer in a previous life?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

No, I was just thinking about this, making a GT with 22-25 city, and 35-ish highway would be great.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Mustang = Muscle car
Hybrid = Family/pu$$y car

The 2 should not be mixed.

HID end all thread
Old 09-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I was just trying to think of a way to get better MPG out of something that's not a 4 cylinder, which I think shouldn't be in a Mustang, I know they are doing it because the Fox body mustang had one. but I'd take my fictional GT Hybrid over that, unless the priced is great, as well as MPG, although, the V8 is rumored to be near 30MPG highway on the next gen cars. Granted, turbo makes the 4 cylinder(rumored at 350HP) slightly tolerable. Yeah I know, the V6 is an option.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Most people that buy a Muscle car aren't worried about mpg... My car gets 14mpg city on a good day, but i don't care. Besides, there are people getting mid 30s in the 3.7. Someone on here even broke 40mpg once.

HID end all thread
Old 09-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not that worried about MPG, that's why I got a Muscle car. I was thinking it would be good for people wanting 400+HP and 33+MPG. The new GT looks like it will be near 30 though,so that's great.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Good idea op...don't worry about how hard some of these guys are...nobody on this site seems to understand change lol. I think it could be a great idea of done right. But with the 4 banger getting such a high mpg and the ability to make it much faster then the GTs I don't think ford will consider a hybrid.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
This post is a joke!
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Good idea op...don't worry about how hard some of these guys are...nobody on this site seems to understand change lol. I think it could be a great idea of done right. But with the 4 banger getting such a high mpg and the ability to make it much faster then the GTs I don't think ford will consider a hybrid.
Thanks for the support,yeah, the 4 banger killed that idea. But it probably can't,stock at least, beat a GT(and for the mod money, the GT will always be faster, but get whatever you can afford) . The Turbo 4 banger is rumored to be near 350HP, It'll beat a six banger though
Old 09-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I don't think it's a bad idea. Porsche and Ferrari already have two pretty good hybrid supercars out.... not to mention Aura has the NSX coming out as well.
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...neva/130309928
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Thanks for the support,yeah, the 4 banger killed that idea. But it probably can't,stock at least, beat a GT(and for the mod money, the GT will always be faster, but get whatever you can afford) . The Turbo 4 banger is rumored to be near 350HP, It'll beat a six banger though
i hate to argue that fact but i see this alot with GT guys...and having owned a GT i use to catch myself using the same mentality. However it won't take much to make a turbo'd 4 banger faster then the 5.0 in stock trim. I guess it just depends on how you feel about dealing with boost. With the rumored internals it's going to be a beast of a car. Honestly i'm considering one when they come out because of the power vs weight difference alone.

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:13 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
My Mustang is already a hybrid compared to the 8.5 mpg my truck gets.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
i hate to argue that fact but i see this alot with GT guys...and having owned a GT i use to catch myself using the same mentality. However it won't take much to make a turbo'd 4 banger faster then the 5.0 in stock trim. I guess it just depends on how you feel about dealing with boost. With the rumored internals it's going to be a beast of a car. Honestly i'm considering one when they come out because of the power vs weight difference alone.
I meant the 2 both completely stock, but it would probably be less expensive to make the turbo 4 faster. If you factor in base vehicle cost, cause the 4 banger, even thought it's turbocharged, will probably be less than a GT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion