Removing Vinyl Stripes Help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Removing Vinyl Stripes Help

Hey people. I have a Torch Red 2010 GT with 15,000 miles. The car was previously owned by a 50yo wife and husband, it was their weekend car. The husband put on the stripes, and it's not the best job, so I want them removed.

By peeling up one of the pinstripes, I don't see any color difference (i.e. fading) and I also see swirl marks under as well (meaning the stripes must of been added a while after the car was bought).

My vinyl guy (he's been in the business for 20+ years and is one of my buddies) said he could remove them for $40 and believes there wouldn't be any issues with faded paint from the look of my current paint's condition.

What do you guys think, do it or don't?
-
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 01:45 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
if that's what ya wana do remove em! I'll back you saying take them off!
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
Hey people. I have a Torch Red 2010 GT with 15,000 miles. The car was previously owned by a 50yo wife and husband, it was their weekend car. The husband put on the stripes, and it's not the best job, so I want them removed.

By peeling up one of the pinstripes, I don't see any color difference (i.e. fading) and I also see swirl marks under as well (meaning the stripes must of been added a while after the car was bought).

My vinyl guy (he's been in the business for 20+ years and is one of my buddies) said he could remove them for $40 and believes there wouldn't be any issues with faded paint from the look of my current paint's condition.

What do you guys think, do it or don't?
-
If it isnt right you will be bugged by it forever. If it were garaged kept shouldn't be any fading issues. You can buy new ones any color and have them installed for around $450 if that's the route or just leave them off.
3.31 gears
On order
Starsky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
if you take off the stripes under the front bumper and it's faded there you'll know, but no one will notice they are gone. my .02 (guess only) you'll be fine but idk. I didn't see where you are, I bet AZ will have fading. Maine not so much. If you don't like them try it if he's a buddy he'll hook you up if he's wrong about the fading.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
if you take off the stripes under the front bumper and it's faded there you'll know, but no one will notice they are gone. my .02 (guess only) you'll be fine but idk. I didn't see where you are, I bet AZ will have fading. Maine not so much. If you don't like them try it if he's a buddy he'll hook you up if he's wrong about the fading.
His profile says Louisiana.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Why pay someone 40 to remove them when you can do it youreself. Confused?
Old 09-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Normally, I do all of my mods myself. I just don't have the money right now incase something goes wrong. $40 to a buddy who knows what he's doing makes me feel comfortable with removing them and is all I can afford.

Starysky007, you are right. If worse comes to worst, I'll get some matte black stripes put on top.

Any more feedback would be appreciated before I pull the trigger. Also, what are the average cost to have an entire car's paint buffed to get swirl marks out?
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion