Steeda, MPT, Bama, Dyno results in - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Let me say , I was very pleased with all three results and certainly no land slide killing. The weather here is 73 degrees and sunny. Key factors for my dyno results:

Automatic
Dyno in 3rd gear for all three tests.

First Dyno run , which is the Run File tune on the Dyno Jet. Dyno run 1 was 91 Steeda Tune. Results: 289.56 rwhp, 274 rwtq.

Second Dyno tune are run files 2 & 3 which was my 91 MPT tune. Results: 297.16 rwhp, 276.02 rwtq.

Third Dyno tune is run file 4 which was my 91 bama hybrid tune. Results: 293.62 rwhp and 268.52 rwtq.

So in conclusion on HP numbers
MPT
Bama
Steeda

So in conclusion on Torque numbers
MPT
Steeda
Bama

Keep in mind I would of been over 300 rwhp had my car been a manual.

So not bad for a car that produces around 257 rwhp stock form. That's a gain of 40 rwhp with nothing more than a tune, CAI, Long Tube headers and off road x pipe.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Finally...

Are these the mail order tunes or have any of them been data logged and revised?

Also, I would like to see the dyno graphs if you could post them. With A/F ratio if possible.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Finally...

Are these the mail order tunes or have any of them been data logged and revised?

Also, I would like to see the dyno graphs if you could post them. With A/F ratio if possible.
All email tunes. Bama has been recently data logged. MPT was data logged and Steeda just got last night so no data log on Steeda. Sorry , here is the graph. Now interesting my MPT tune was running lean according to the dyno run. The air fuel ratio was 12.5 to 1 part. The dyno/tuner operator said it should be 12 to 1 parts.
In the end all tunes made very similar numbers and can't go wrong with any of them.

Even when inquiring about a custom dyno tune the tuner advised my tunes were great and really could not do much more for me based on just bolt on mods.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130928_132352.png
Views:	287
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	130623
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
very nice!
we finally found someone who did all 3 XD
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Awesome comparisons!!!

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
very nice!
we finally found someone who did all 3 XD
Thanks bro. I'm glad I did it. I would say that based upon my hybrid tune 293.62 rwhp this particular tune was not conservative compared to the other tunes. Being that it was data logged that may of helped. I will use all three and do a data log for Steeda to dial in anything that may of been missed originally.

So the hybrid was only rated 3 less HP than MPT and 2 less on torque. Perhaps the hybrid data logged tune was made more powerful than at first.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Awesome! Thanks for all of the info!

How do I got about datalogging if I'm with Bama?
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
Awesome! Thanks for all of the info!

How do I got about datalogging if I'm with Bama?
If you provide me your email address I will provide you the paperwork on how to datalog. Its from A.M. just p.m. me bro.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Great day. Lots of fun!

Name:	ForumRunner_20130928_183859.png
Views:	194
Size:	527.6 KB
ID:	130695

Name:	ForumRunner_20130928_183922.png
Views:	177
Size:	541.0 KB
ID:	130696

Name:	ForumRunner_20130928_183944.png
Views:	189
Size:	694.4 KB
ID:	130697

Name:	ForumRunner_20130928_184006.png
Views:	187
Size:	579.6 KB
ID:	130698
Old 09-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Great day. Lots of fun!
No pics of your car on dyno?
Old 09-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

I actually didnt take any still pictures but took video. Lmao. I'm a dork.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Nice dyno run kona, i always wanted to get a tune for my new stang but my warranty would void it and the dealer does not allow me to do it. I know how it feels when u have a tune car since i have it on my old baby that i traded in and i got the MPT and it was awesome. My question is, is there a way to hide the tune when i go to my dealer for service? Or there is no other way other than putting it back to stock but they would still know that it was flashed.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Nice dyno run kona, i always wanted to get a tune for my new stang but my warranty would void it and the dealer does not allow me to do it. I know how it feels when u have a tune car since i have it on my old baby that i traded in and i got the MPT and it was awesome. My question is, is there a way to hide the tune when i go to my dealer for service? Or there is no other way other than putting it back to stock but they would still know that it was flashed.
To the best of my knowledge from research , communicating with forum members and even American Muscle personnel, there is no way to hide the tune. Even if you revert your car back to stock mode the dealerships can still see the ECU was tuned.

The other issue with returning your car back to stock mode is, will it run proper? I have many bolt on mods that my car would not run well and would have all check engine lights on and speed would be way off. Plus shifting and gearing issues on stock form..

I was told if you go to the dealership leave the tune on. Don't lie , tell them upfront you have a tune. Tell them even before there is any issues even if your in for an oil change because you don't want them updating your ECU. IT will brick your car.

Steeda and AM stand behind there tunes and Steeda will come on here and can tell you more about there tune guarantee and how they would work with Ford should Ford determine the tune was the cause of your part to fail.

I'm sure Dan from AM can tell you more all about what they guarantee if there tune is deemed to be the cause of a part failure.

To be honest, AM, Steeda have these tunes down to a science and are 99.9% safe. No harm will come to the engine or Transmission because they are tuning well within safe levels. The biggest issue of engine failure or cylinder failure is the car running too lean for a long time or running the car hard while lean. You need a 12 parts to 1 ratio for the air fuel to be dead on. My dyno tune revealed Steeda and Bama tune were spot on 12 parts to 1 air fuel ratio.

Get the tune bro. It makes a huge difference. I am putting down 294 rwhp with my bama tune and mods. Almost 290 rwhp with Steeda tune. 297 rwhp with MPT tune however that would be slightly lower if the air fuel ratio was 12 parts to 1. My MPT tune is running a bit lean. 12.5 parts to 1. Easy fix.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
To the best of my knowledge from research , communicating with forum members and even American Muscle personnel, there is no way to hide the tune. Even if you revert your car back to stock mode the dealerships can still see the ECU was tuned. The other issue with returning your car back to stock mode is, will it run proper? I have many bolt on mods that my car would not run well and would have all check engine lights on and speed would be way off. Plus shifting and gearing issues on stock form.. I was told if you go to the dealership leave the tune on. Don't lie , tell them upfront you have a tune. Tell them even before there is any issues even if your in for an oil change because you don't want them updating your ECU. IT will brick your car. Steeda and AM stand behind there tunes and Steeda will come on here and can tell you more about there tune guarantee and how they would work with Ford should Ford determine the tune was the cause of your part to fail. I'm sure Dan from AM can tell you more all about what they guarantee if there tune is deemed to be the cause of a part failure. To be honest, AM, Steeda have these tunes down to a science and are 99.9% safe. No harm will come to the engine or Transmission because they are tuning well within safe levels. The biggest issue of engine failure or cylinder failure is the car running too lean for a long time or running the car hard while lean. You need a 12 parts to 1 ratio for the air fuel to be dead on. My dyno tune revealed Steeda and Bama tune were spot on 12 parts to 1 air fuel ratio. Get the tune bro. It makes a huge difference. I am putting down 294 rwhp with my bama tune and mods. Almost 290 rwhp with Steeda tune. 297 rwhp with MPT tune however that would be slightly lower if the air fuel ratio was 12 parts to 1. My MPT tune is running a bit lean. 12.5 parts to 1. Easy fix.
thanks bro. For the advice it made my decision and i miss having a tune.. Just debating between MPT OR STEEDA..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
thanks bro. For the advice it made my decision and i miss having a tune.. Just debating between MPT OR STEEDA..
Because I can see your concerned about your warranty which I certainly can't blame you , I would say go Steeda over MPT mainly because of there close working relationship to Ford. Apparently they have close business relationship with Ford motor corp to help resolve any issues you may have should they rule the tune caused the damage. No matter what tuning company you go with I have shown dyno numbers will all be similar and within a few of each other. No way one tune is gonna be 20 plus rwhp or rwtq over the other tune. It really comes down to who you feel comfortable with. Now that Steeda offers free tunes for life that's a huge benefit. But you saw my hybrid tune from bama put down 294 rwhp 4 more HP than Steeda but Steeda was 6 torque numbers up on Bama. Steeda has less HP but more torque.

I'm sure with a data log to Steeda they could easily squeeze out some more HP and maybe torque well within a safe level and keeping that air fuel ratio 12:1 parts.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post

Here you go bro. That my pony. Lol

Name:	ForumRunner_20130928_212411.png
Views:	189
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	130715
Old 09-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #17
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Let me say , I was very pleased with all three results and certainly no land slide killing. The weather here is 73 degrees and sunny. Key factors for my dyno results:

Automatic
Dyno in 3rd gear for all three tests.

First Dyno run , which is the Run File tune on the Dyno Jet. Dyno run 1 was 91 Steeda Tune. Results: 289.56 rwhp, 274 rwtq.

Second Dyno tune are run files 2 & 3 which was my 91 MPT tune. Results: 297.16 rwhp, 276.02 rwtq.

Third Dyno tune is run file 4 which was my 91 bama hybrid tune. Results: 293.62 rwhp and 268.52 rwtq.

So in conclusion on HP numbers
MPT
Bama
Steeda

So in conclusion on Torque numbers
MPT
Steeda
Bama

Keep in mind I would of been over 300 rwhp had my car been a manual.

So not bad for a car that produces around 257 rwhp stock form. That's a gain of 40 rwhp with nothing more than a tune, CAI, Long Tube headers and off road x pipe.
Wow, that's a really close comparison! I knew all of the tunes were going to be pretty similar to each other when it comes to power and torque. We also focus on drive ability, gas mileage, throttle response and much more but I'm glad to see your car is running great with all three custom tunes you have.

Your Power numbers look great but I think we could squeeze out a little more torque. If you'd like to just hit up the Bama team and they'll help you out!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Dan, that's great. Some more torque would be great. Who can I ask to speak with to make that happen?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
So who would for the day?? Was it a 5.0 or that beast blue pony?
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittlePwny View Post
So who would for the day?? Was it a 5.0 or that beast blue pony?
Actually, a built Turbo Pontiac GTO that day took the high HP. Lmao. Like 600 rwhp
Old 09-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
I'm sure with a data log to Steeda they could easily squeeze out some more HP and maybe torque well within a safe level and keeping that air fuel ratio 12:1 parts.
Yes, Gus would be able to get a little bit more out of the tune while keeping it safe.

We generally write our tunes on the safer side and that is why we have had 0 issues when it comes to warranty claims when our tune is installed on a consumer's car. These are also the same tunes that are on our Serialized Vehicles at Ford Dealers.

The more HP you try and squeeze out ... you reduce the safety of the tune.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post

Yes, Gus would be able to get a little bit more out of the tune while keeping it safe.

We generally write our tunes on the safer side and that is why we have had 0 issues when it comes to warranty claims when our tune is installed on a consumer's car. These are also the same tunes that are on our Serialized Vehicles at Ford Dealers.

The more HP you try and squeeze out ... you reduce the safety of the tune.

Best Regards,

TJ
TJ, I hear ya on that and definitely want the power to be safe. Nobody wants to blow an engine by having the tune provide extra HP but run lean and cause engine failure later on. Certainly there is only so much safe HP one can get from a factory motor or a motor that has bolt on mods. No safe tune is gonna give someone with a 3.7 motor, automatic transmission with bolt on mods, 350 plus rwhp. Not gonna happen with bolt on mods.

Perhaps with a throttle body aftermarket one may hit the 300 rwhp mark but that's really it with every bolt on power mod. Any higher you would either need nitrous , supercharger or turbo.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #23
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Dan, that's great. Some more torque would be great. Who can I ask to speak with to make that happen?
Shoot me a PM with your latest order number and I'll get you squared away with Mike Wilson!

-Dan
Old 10-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Shoot me a PM with your latest order number and I'll get you squared away with Mike Wilson!

-Dan
Dan, your quick but too slow. Lmao. I called yesterday, sent in my order for a retune and no joke within 45 minutes AM had my new tune back to me.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #25
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Dan, your quick but too slow. Lmao. I called yesterday, sent in my order for a retune and no joke within 45 minutes AM had my new tune back to me.
Aww man! You beat me to it haha. I'm glad to hear you're all squared away ! Let me know how that tune works out for you.

-Dan
Old 10-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Aww man! You beat me to it haha. I'm glad to hear you're all squared away ! Let me know how that tune works out for you.

-Dan
Dan, the tune feels great. Steeda feels great and MPT feels great. You called it, the numbers were all so close. It wasn't like there was a 15 plus rwhp difference in any tunes. It all comes down to who one feels more comfortable with which tuning company. I have not gone to the track yet but guessing the fastest time may be only 1 tenth second faster than the slowest time. Maybe 1tenth and not sure if that much but only one way to find out.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #27
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Dan, the tune feels great. Steeda feels great and MPT feels great. You called it, the numbers were all so close. It wasn't like there was a 15 plus rwhp difference in any tunes. It all comes down to who one feels more comfortable with which tuning company. I have not gone to the track yet but guessing the fastest time may be only 1 tenth second faster than the slowest time. Maybe 1tenth and not sure if that much but only one way to find out.
Awesome! I'm glad to hear you're really happy with all of your tunes. We really appreciate your feedback and doing this testing, it was really cool to see!

Let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Old 10-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Awesome! I'm glad to hear you're really happy with all of your tunes. We really appreciate your feedback and doing this testing, it was really cool to see!

Let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Sure will Dan.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion