Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Possibly new GT owner!!!

4K views 91 replies 21 participants last post by  theweekday 
#1 ·
Going to go look at it next Sunday, it's got bbk shorty headers, high flow catted h pipe, and pypes violators. Other than that its stock. He wanted 4500, said he would take 3800. I'm going to offer him 3200 and go from there.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Miles? Looks good for that much. Few mods and it would look real good.

#8 ·
I drove stick one time before I bought my tiburon..taught myself. Right on man it sounds like a good deal if it runs good and all is in tact jump on it if you really want it. But if I were you I'd wait until winter is over and maybe get newer with less miles..but if you need it, I think it'll be worth it.

#12 ·
that's not necessarily a bad thing man... txt him back and say since theres issues with the car that you will give him 2800 cash incase you need to do any major work to it... once he agrees go buy a 60 dollar scanner from napa or walmart or something.. go look at the car, scan the code and if its nothing major buy it for cheap... if its not back out of the deal :)

#14 ·
Check engine light is probably something simple and many little things set them off in these cars. Mine is on due to cats being gone, will shut off for a while with my tuner but comes back on until I run it again. Could get mil eliminators but it has never really bothered me. Many mustangs from 96 up have the abs light thing, mine went on for a couple months with after I had some work done to it, now it's off. It's a sensor that can get a little loose or dirty and come on and off at times. My brakes always worked fine while the light was on. Had it all checked out by the shop that did the work, (very reputable shop I know the owners personally) they couldnt find any issues with the abs System in my case anyway. Now it's off and hasn't come back on. Like suggested earlier I would buy a cheap scanner or borrow one and plug it in yourself when you look at it. Or drive it to the nearest pep boys or oreillys and have them check it for free. Most important thing if it starts, drives, and stops. Sounds like a good deal at 3500-3800 max, otherwise hold out and save up and buy something with less mileage.

#15 ·
That's not bad ask him if he will take it to get scanned to see if there's major problems.

#19 ·
do it, use the check engine light to your advantage... just say listen I like the car but the check engine light is on and im really taking a gamble.. ill give your 2800 cash incase I need to do any major work I wont have screwed myself... he will take it. he might hit u back with 3k and in that case say okay 3k but im guna go get a scanner and figure out whats wrong with the car before I buy it... then hit walmart or ask your dad or someone to use a scanner. there simple to use

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

when I bought my car the coolant light was on ( looks like coolant with a fan in front of it s0 I checked the coolant and saw it just just below the sensor... the girl said she thinks its the fan that doesn't work ... haha electric fan... I told her ok I will give you 4k so I have money left to fix the car... went home added coolant and never saw the light again

#21 ·
do it, use the check engine light to your advantage... just say listen I like the car but the check engine light is on and im really taking a gamble.. ill give your 2800 cash incase I need to do any major work I wont have screwed myself... he will take it. he might hit u back with 3k and in that case say okay 3k but im guna go get a scanner and figure out whats wrong with the car before I buy it... then hit walmart or ask your dad or someone to use a scanner. there simple to use

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

when I bought my car the coolant light was on ( looks like coolant with a fan in front of it s0 I checked the coolant and saw it just just below the sensor... the girl said she thinks its the fan that doesn't work ... haha electric fan... I told her ok I will give you 4k so I have money left to fix the car... went home added coolant and never saw the light again
I know that this week he will shoot me another price

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

For the price it's not bad at all. That driver side seat tho. Damn. Upholstery took a beating. I don't know how seats get torn up that badly. I drove my 99 daily and it over the 6 years I had , not including the years it belonged to the original owner, i never ruined the seats like that. The vinyl in those cars ages nicely and without much attention either! Good luck and hopefully you can get some new wheels!
I might just buy seat covers for now, or find a new seat.

#20 ·
For the price it's not bad at all. That driver side seat tho. Damn. Upholstery took a beating. I don't know how seats get torn up that badly. I drove my 99 daily and it over the 6 years I had , not including the years it belonged to the original owner, i never ruined the seats like that. The vinyl in those cars ages nicely and without much attention either! Good luck and hopefully you can get some new wheels!

#24 ·
I would love to do that or possibly find some mach 1 interior. But that's awhile for me cause my money would be spent on basic mods like Mach 1 chin and lip, new wheels, lowering, cai etc

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Lucky..... I was looking at a 99 GT a month ago for 4500 and ended up needing a piston. Ended up with a 98 GT with half as many miles
I've been looking at alot of 94-98 but there all beat up here, and used as winter dd.

#25 ·
nooooo 99 or newer, the older ones are ugly haha cant stand those tail lights

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

just buy that red gt and go from there... gotta start with something, weather it needs work or not you will own it and that's the first step

#26 ·
nooooo 99 or newer, the older ones are ugly haha cant stand those tail lights

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

just buy that red gt and go from there... gotta start with something, weather it needs work or not you will own it and that's the first step
I hav one week to wait, and I can't stand it. I want to see it now, even tho it's just a basic GT. It's still a GT, cant wait to drive it!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.