2000 GT Drag Racing To much wheelspin - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #1

Region: Mexico
2000 GT Drag Racing To much wheelspin

Hey fellows,

I need some help here with wheelspin for you drag racers gurus

Most of the time when I take off I have a lot of wheelspin, how could I reduce it I was thinking in some tires like this:

Llantas De Pista Slicks 27.5x10.0-15 Hoosier - $ 650.00 en MercadoLibre

I will only have to buy some used 15" for the back.

It is in Mexico since I live down here.

I also have Subframe connectors which I haven't installed yet.

My 1/8 Mile is 9.458 Reaction times from .514 to .645 sometimes.

Besides the Slicks and subframe is there any trick to help have less spinning?
exceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
What's your current mods? And suspension plays a big role..any suspension mods? How much power do you have?
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GTvert View Post
What's your current mods? And suspension plays a big role..any suspension mods? How much power do you have?
to be honest don't know how much power I have, mods are bolt ons and probably gears dont know for sure.

CAI, TB, Plenum, mid pipe and catback, 93r Bama tune.

No suspension mods, just the subframe sitting around waiting to be installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Ok not too much then..some wider tires, control arms, and those subframes will do a ton to get power to the ground. But if you have enough money you can get drag springs which will help. Control your launch...
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GTvert View Post
Ok not too much then..some wider tires, control arms, and those subframes will do a ton to get power to the ground. But if you have enough money you can get drag springs which will help. Control your launch...
Yeah its not that much power but need to have better launch.

Ive heard that with the slicks you can damage the differential.

I guess drag springs won't be very effective for daily driver, I think i will go right now with control arm, and don't know yet if slicks or just normal tires but a bit wider.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by exceso View Post
Yeah its not that much power but need to have better launch. Ive heard that with the slicks you can damage the differential. I guess drag springs won't be very effective for daily driver, I think i will go right now with control arm, and don't know yet if slicks or just normal tires but a bit wider.
You won't have to control your launch with slicks you can rev it up too 6k and launch it and not spin any. If you can't afford it get some 275 Faulken tires they are (street tires) but they are better than nittos I think. Way more sticky. With slicks you can break your axles, and diff, torque boxes, control arms, shocks, clutch, drive shaft. But usually you can get away with a built rearend for about 150+ 6k launches then you'll probably need sub frame, rear shocks, torque box reinforcers, and all that junk.
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by exceso View Post
Hey fellows, I need some help here with wheelspin for you drag racers gurus Most of the time when I take off I have a lot of wheelspin, how could I reduce it I was thinking in some tires like this: Llantas De Pista Slicks 27.5x10.0-15 Hoosier - $ 650.00 en MercadoLibre I will only have to buy some used 15" for the back. It is in Mexico since I live down here. I also have Subframe connectors which I haven't installed yet. My 1/8 Mile is 9.458 Reaction times from .514 to .645 sometimes. Besides the Slicks and subframe is there any trick to help have less spinning?
Reaction doesn't mean Anything
Your 60ft means the most if you want a better time
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
+1 60ft times needed...with the mods you have you do not need a slick....you should install your subframes no matter if your racing or not...what tires are you running now??? For your power range you can dead hook with a good drag radial...any brand with under 300hp or you need time and practice....
jduckz5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jduckz5.0 View Post
+1 60ft times needed...with the mods you have you do not need a slick....you should install your subframes no matter if your racing or not...what tires are you running now??? For your power range you can dead hook with a good drag radial...any brand with under 300hp or you need time and practice....
We'll if he's spinning then slicks will completely stop the wheel spin... So just cause he doesn't have that much horsepower or mods doesn't mean he doesn't need slicks launching at higher rpms and hooking is going to lower your times.... invest in getting the car built for slicks while your at it get 4.30 or 4.10 gears in and launch at redline. You won't spin any any you'll see almost half a second off your 1/4.
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Mister View Post
We'll if he's spinning then slicks will completely stop the wheel spin... So just cause he doesn't have that much horsepower or mods doesn't mean he doesn't need slicks launching at higher rpms and hooking is going to lower your times.... invest in getting the car built for slicks while your at it get 4.30 or 4.10 gears in and launch at redline. You won't spin any any you'll see almost half a second off your 1/4.
I am installing the subframe connector motorsport , I am getting the upper and lower control arms SR performance.

I was looking at some guy with slicks:

I cant launch at red line I am auto, the only way to do that is by going from N to 1st or buy a torque converter for higher revs launchings, I THINK
Old 10-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Id practice before going to a slick and gears...especially a slick without skinnies up front...sorry but I don't think its safe for a new dragracer to just jump into slicks on the track...car gets very loose and 1 slight over correction and your crashing...recommend mt et 2 drag for your car....just my .02
jduckz5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Just get mickey thompson et street radials. 5 second burnout and it will dead hook everytime.

With an auto on stock convertor there is absolutely no need for a bias ply tire.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion