Fuel Cell Idea - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman705 View Post
hahaa u said if I want more power then I have now buy a v6 hahhaha
Not quite sure why that's funny? A new v6 rapes 2vs with bolt ons. Like he said, get a v6, if you want better mileage and more power. His statement was every bit of what you want. Just saying.

EDIT: Maybe not rape, but will walk. Bolt on vs bolt on.
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
How large of a fuel cell would you be looking for? I don't believe a 30 gallon tank would even fit in the trunk.

Also no need for weight over the rear unless you are making 1000+ to the tires.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
hahaa u said if I want more power then I have now buy a v6 hahhaha
I don't see how that's funny ...a bolt on s197 v6 can run with you...a new v6 would smoke you. im sure the new v6 will be even faster

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix

I don't see how that's funny ...a bolt on s197 v6 can run with you...a new v6 would smoke you. im sure the new v6 will be even faster
Sh...v8 is always faster. Just look at the 305ci camaro's. Talk about a fast car.
Our's:
Old 10-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It's a pretty good idea a lot of the 90's f150-f350 had dual fuel cells
TylerJanocha21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
first of all I had a 99 mustang v6 and it would not walk my 2000 gt lol theres no f ing way haha and any mod I would do to the v6 if I did it to the gt I would still be way ahead. you sixxers are in denial... yah ofc a brand new v6 would smoke my car, hell a brand new mini van probably would lol but a 99-04 v6 mod for mod wont touch my gt. get real
Mustangman705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Be careful, if you don't agree with their ideologies they will make you feel like a pariah
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #43
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty View Post
Be careful, if you don't agree with their ideologies they will make you feel like a pariah
Lmfao!
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:

haha they sound like Honda drivers...

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

who the hell buys a 6cyl mustang vs a v8... hahah
Old 10-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #45
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
haha they sound like Honda drivers... ---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ---------- who the hell buys a 6cyl mustang vs a v8... hahah
A lot of people on this form and there's a hand full that would blow you away one running 260 hp n/a and one 370 hp s/c watch what you say.. It will bite you in the a** some day and you'll feel like and idiot

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

I've had 3 v6 and still have one.. Love that car and wouldn't trade it straight across for a GT.. Js

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Reasons why...

Insurance
Gas milage
Drivability (IMO)
Cost

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
honestly you should be getting decent mileage. as for the idea... to me it's pointless..adding extra weight for little increase. if this was a track car with no fuel tank I'd be all for it.. but a DD doesn't need it. if you want more power then you have now and better mileage bug a new v6
Also as you see here he did say buy a NEW v6 no one said anything about a 99-04 but you..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
first of all I had a 99 mustang v6 and it would not walk my 2000 gt lol theres no f ing way haha and any mod I would do to the v6 if I did it to the gt I would still be way ahead. you sixxers are in denial... yah ofc a brand new v6 would smoke my car, hell a brand new mini van probably would lol but a 99-04 v6 mod for mod wont touch my gt. get real
Now you've done it... had to go and piss off the V6 owners. Even though they're right about the outcome and nobody but you mentioned a new edge V6...
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #47
Road Trip!

if I was going to spend that much money I would never buy a v6 mustang. ahhaha your reasons were
Insurance
Gas milage
Cost
haha non of witch concern me. and for the "cost" there are much better options out there. yeah I said new edge because that's what I have.
still don't see how a new v6 is faster then a new gt... you guys are confused.
I repeat I would never buy a 6cyl mustang haha I would buy something other then a mustang if that was my only option. ill stick with my GT and add a fuel cell. was looking for ideas and sh it on how I should install one and you guys say buy a 6 cyl lol

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

oh and if you say that I am concerned with gas milage I am not, I just want to carry more fuel. ugggh nevermind haha fack
Old 10-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
if I was going to spend that much money I would never buy a v6 mustang. ahhaha your reasons were
Insurance
Gas milage
Cost
haha non of witch concern me. and for the "cost" there are much better options out there. yeah I said new edge because that's what I have.
still don't see how a new v6 is faster then a new gt... you guys are confused.
I repeat I would never buy a 6cyl mustang haha I would buy something other then a mustang if that was my only option. ill stick with my GT and add a fuel cell. was looking for ideas and sh it on how I should install one and you guys say buy a 6 cyl lol

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

oh and if you say that I am concerned with gas milage I am not, I just want to carry more fuel. ugggh nevermind haha fack
Nobody said a new V6 is faster than a new GT, they said it's faster than YOUR GT.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #49
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
if I was going to spend that much money I would never buy a v6 mustang. ahhaha your reasons were Insurance Gas milage Cost haha non of witch concern me. and for the "cost" there are much better options out there. yeah I said new edge because that's what I have. still don't see how a new v6 is faster then a new gt... you guys are confused. I repeat I would never buy a 6cyl mustang haha I would buy something other then a mustang if that was my only option. ill stick with my GT and add a fuel cell. was looking for ideas and sh it on how I should install one and you guys say buy a 6 cyl lol ---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ---------- oh and if you say that I am concerned with gas milage I am not, I just want to carry more fuel. ugggh nevermind haha fack
Wow sit back and take a second to read. Can you focus.. I was giving you reasons why some people buy v6s.. You are a peace of work.. He never told you to buy a v6 he said IF you we're worried about gass milage get a new v6 300hp and 30 mpg ware your v8 is 260 and 20mpg...
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 10-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman705
If I was going to spend that much money I would never buy a V6 Mustang. Hahaha your reasons were:
Insurance
Gas mileage
Cost
Haha none of which concern me. As for the "cost" there are much better options out there. Yes I said new edge because that's what I have.
I still don't see how a new V6 is faster then a new GT, you guys are confused.
I repeat, I would never buy a 6cyl Mustang, Haha, I would buy something other than a Mustang if that was my only option. I'll stick with my GT and add a fuel cell. I was looking for ideas and **** on how I should install one and you guys say buy a 6 cyl. Laughing out loud.

Oh and if you say that I am concerned with gas mileage I am not, I just want to carry more fuel. Ugh, nevermind. Haha, ****
There, fixed
Our's:
Old 10-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

wow this kid.... just : facepalm

btw op...I sold my 04 GT for my 04 v6 lol and wouldn't go back to a 2v 4.6 for any reason. good luck with the fuel cell idea since ya know cost means nothing to you.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

You guys are so ridiculous with your backhanded insults and one of you are a moderator, real classy guys. He asked for ideas and instead of ideas you tell him his idea is dumb and to buy a different car and insult his 2v, why can't you be constructive and give ideas for the topic or take your own advice and stay out of threads that you aren't interested in giving helpful advice
Old 10-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

weren't you logging out for a real forum? op got answers.. then decided to toss great ideas back with attitude. if he decides to fill his trunk with a cell that's cool as long as it's what he wants. please keep that in mind. to me it's a ridiculous idea when a newer model car would get him the power he wants and mileage he so avidly craves.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
weren't you logging out for a real forum? op got answers.. then decided to toss great ideas back with attitude. if he decides to fill his trunk with a cell that's cool as long as it's what he wants. please keep that in mind. to me it's a ridiculous idea when a newer model car would get him the power he wants and mileage he so avidly craves.
would he start a thread asking for advice if that wasn't what he wanted? He didn't ask for options of other cars that get better mileage. He seems happy with his car but he wants to be able to road trip without needing to stop for gas so much. You guys like to freak out when a V8 guy comes into your V6 forums and tells you to buy a GT but you can't recognize that your doing the same thing. Just derailing a thread with needless stuff
Old 10-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #55
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
would he start a thread asking for advice if that wasn't what he wanted? He didn't ask for options of other cars that get better mileage. He seems happy with his car but he wants to be able to road trip without needing to stop for gas so much. You guys like to freak out when a V8 guy comes into your V6 forums and tells you to buy a GT but you can't recognize that your doing the same thing. Just derailing a thread with needless stuff
We never told him to buy a v6 read things again............. We said -->"IF "<-- he was looking for gass milage and power to buy answer v6 then he blew up.. He wanted ideas that's an idea
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 10-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I don't recall that way of thinking in the v6 section but you seem to know it all lol so you win mcnasty . have a good night good sir. btw you seemed to stop posting in your thread... swing by the opinions of the forum seem to disagree with you a bit, but surely they are wrong since you know everything.

op if you go with a fuel cell let us know. I'd just get an economy tune though..

Old 10-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

I had a 2v gt lol. I sold it for my v6... please know what you're talking about before you make assumptions.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I had a 2v gt lol. I sold it for my v6... please know what you're talking about before you make assumptions.
What assumptions? I have noticed that you owned a 2V GT, you like to throw that out there every time someone points out that you own a V6
Old 10-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What assumptions? I have noticed that you owned a 2V GT, you like to throw that out there every time someone points out that you own a V6
only when they mention that i should have bought a GT . Its good to know what a person has owned when posting. Knowing now that the OP use to own a v6 i can understand for his style driving why he likes his 2v GT. to him it's a massive upgrade in power. however due to what he wants i reccomended looking into a newer v6 due to the power / mileage. If somehow that idea is crazy to him i can no longer help so it is what it is.

--------------

for a back on topic post...

OP have you considered an economy tune?

Old 10-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...2B13%2B1147708
Old 10-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

OP also remember a gallon of gas weighs 6 lbs...so even if it's just a small 5 gallon cell thats 30 lb in just the gas...not including the cell itself..the harness...the install kit...a quick stop at a gas station isn't that bad, plus it gives others a chance to take a break.

although i will ask what mileage are you getting in most cases...i use to get roughly 23-24 mpg in my GT on the stock tune.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:56 AM   #62
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
You guys like to freak out when a V8 guy comes into your V6 forums and tells you to buy a GT but you can't recognize that your doing the same thing. Just derailing a thread with needless stuff
Haha I love when these turn into v6 vs v8.

Never pretty. Always entertaining

Any other benefits to a fuel cell besides.. Fuel?
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:29 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
Haha I love when these turn into v6 vs v8.

Never pretty. Always entertaining

Any other benefits to a fuel cell besides.. Fuel?
well in a track car a fuel cell would save a lot of weight versus a normal tank.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #64
Road Trip!

so just priced them out they are around 22thousand for a new mustang v6... that can apparently smoke me.... for 22 thousand dollars I could build my car into a beast that that v6 wouldn't even come close to keeping up let alone smoke me... of course a brand new car with more hp and torque will probably out run me but for the price I would spend, I would much rather built my car... you all try and tell me fuel millage.. that's not the point. im planning to build this car to be an animal and just don't want to have to stop and fuel as often because like I said its not city driving and they are not gas stations on every corner.. im not concerned about spending a bit of money. lots of other cars have larger gas tanks then my car, not all but there are cars and small trucks that hold more fuel so I wasn't thinking my idea was so crazy.. you make a good point about the weight but I just wanted some ideas on how this could be possible and best way to set it up, cars do it for endurance races.. there's lots of people doing it out there
Old 10-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #65
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
so just priced them out they are around 22thousand for a new mustang v6... that can apparently smoke me.... for 22 thousand dollars I could build my car into a beast that that v6 wouldn't even come close to keeping up let alone smoke me... of course a brand new car with more hp and torque will probably out run me but for the price I would spend, I would much rather built my car... you all try and tell me fuel millage.. that's not the point. im planning to build this car to be an animal and just don't want to have to stop and fuel as often because like I said its not city driving and they are not gas stations on every corner.. im not concerned about spending a bit of money. lots of other cars have larger gas tanks then my car, not all but there are cars and small trucks that hold more fuel so I wasn't thinking my idea was so crazy.. you make a good point about the weight but I just wanted some ideas on how this could be possible and best way to set it up, cars do it for endurance races.. there's lots of people doing it out there
Again he said if.....
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion