I need your opinion. - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mayfield
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post

I haven't decided yet whether im gonna get stock or stock colored 2010 styles or haven't checked out what ebay holds
You mean smoked or stock 2010 style break lights or headlights?? Get them smoked ! It would be sweet with your silver stang
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #72
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestang23 View Post
You mean smoked or stock 2010 style break lights or headlights?? Get them smoked ! It would be sweet with your silver stang
I already have smoked taillights I might change it up. I want the smoked 2010 style headlights though!!
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mayfield
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post

I already have smoked taillights I might change it up. I want the smoked 2010 style headlights though!!
Those are sweet those are on my list, I want to get them and the 2010 style break lights smoked!!
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #74
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
I had some but traded them for another set then bought our normal style smoked now looking for something new!!
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mayfield
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 109
This sucks ill probably have to hold back on installing my exhaust seems like ill have to get a new tranny
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #76
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
if its auto you might try to check fluid? whats wrong with it?
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mayfield
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
if its auto you might try to check fluid? whats wrong with it?
I can't reverse, when its on park it feels like it wants to go forward, when shifter is on reverse it doesn't move, when on neutral it goes forwards and drive is still drive but no reverse and everything ****ed up
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #78
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestang23 View Post
I can't reverse, when its on park it feels like it wants to go forward, when shifter is on reverse it doesn't move, when on neutral it goes forwards and drive is still drive but no reverse and everything ****ed up
sounds like the shifter has shifted completely forward or backwards somehow? That odd I haven't heard of it before
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mayfield
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 109
I think so yea but if that was the case would It cause it to shift hard when driving?? The shift points are all messed up
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #80
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
question. when you park do you park on a hill or flat surface? question 2 do you pull the parking/e brake when you park?
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mayfield
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 109
My driveway is like a hill so when I park I press the break put it on park then with my foot still on the break put the e-break on
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #82
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
I noticed in my gfs car (06 ford five hundred) that if its on a hill and she parks it W/0 parking brake when she puts it back into reverse later when moving it it does a loud thud noise but that is all after the noise is no issues. I told/made her start setting the parking brake on hills before she puts it into park. im thinking maybe when you put it into reverse that maybe it hit(thud) so hard that it could've shifted that shift assembly
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mayfield
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
I noticed in my gfs car (06 ford five hundred) that if its on a hill and she parks it W/0 parking brake when she puts it back into reverse later when moving it it does a loud thud noise but that is all after the noise is no issues. I told/made her start setting the parking brake on hills before she puts it into park. im thinking maybe when you put it into reverse that maybe it hit(thud) so hard that it could've shifted that shift assembly
That happened to mine too that's why I started putting the e-brake on. Even if is the shift assembly that has completely been shifted would it cause all the shift points to be all messed up??
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #84
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestang23 View Post
That happened to mine too that's why I started putting the e-brake on. Even if is the shift assembly that has completely been shifted would it cause all the shift points to be all messed up??
im sure its possible. how? I have no idea but if its all shifted like that when it acts like its In drive it could be in 1, 2, or 3 if it has those "manual" shift points? sounds possible to me
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mayfield
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post

im sure its possible. how? I have no idea but if its all shifted like that when it acts like its In drive it could be in 1, 2, or 3 if it has those "manual" shift points? sounds possible to me
Yes it has the "manual" shift points but I didn't try on that
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #86
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
no but if its shifted you could've been in one of those and not even known it right?
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mayfield
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
no but if its shifted you could've been in one of those and not even known it right?
I'm not sure of what you mean
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #88
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestang23 View Post
I'm not sure of what you mean
since we think that the shift assembly piece is out of place then when you thought you where in drive I was thinking that maybe you could've been in 1, 2, or 3 instead. that would make it feel weird shifting I think but its just a odd thought that I was throwing out there
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mayfield
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post

since we think that the shift assembly piece is out of place then when you thought you where in drive I was thinking that maybe you could've been in 1, 2, or 3 instead. that would make it feel weird shifting I think but its just a odd thought that I was throwing out there
That could be it but when it's on drive it doesn't shift till 3500 rpm if the shift assembly did shift and as you say maybe I was in the 1, 2, or 3 then the rpms would go to redline until I shifted manually. It doesn't do that it still shifts like an auto just the rpms at which it shifts are really high and doesn't go into reverse. Transmission fluid is ok
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #90
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestang23 View Post
That could be it but when it's on drive it doesn't shift till 3500 rpm if the shift assembly did shift and as you say maybe I was in the 1, 2, or 3 then the rpms would go to redline until I shifted manually. It doesn't do that it still shifts like an auto just the rpms at which it shifts are really high and doesn't go into reverse. Transmission fluid is ok
my knowledge only goes as far as checking fluids unfortunately lol id be having to take it to a shop or my dad. I wish I knew more. im surprised nobody has suggested anything else on your transmission thread
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mayfield
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 109
So I finally was able to take her to the shop and get my exhaust out it, but then turns out americanmuscle.com sent me the wrong muffler and I've tried calling them about 10 times now and I have no answer. This sucks!!
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:48 PM   #92
Sad Panda
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,630
wrong mufflers???
__________________
@silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base (the silverskoundrel) - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mayfield
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
wrong mufflers???
Yes wrong mufflers they sent me the correct size piping which is 2.5 in wide and the muffles have a 3 in diameter
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #94
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
What mufflers were you supposed to get? And what did they give you?
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whitestang23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mayfield
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 109
I was suppose to get m-80 bullet style mufflers for the "pypes mid muffler set up" with 2.5 inch piping, but instead I got the m-80 mufflers in 3 inch, all the rest of the pipes are all 2.5 so I have half inch gap
Whitestang23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:27 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.