13-14 gt, flowmaster outlaw vs magnaflow competition catback - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kurt_5ohh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: long island New york/south west florida
Region: Florida
Posts: 56
Exclamation 13-14 gt, flowmaster outlaw vs magnaflow competition catback

i have a 2014 mustang gt and i cand decide which catback to go with, the two im looking at are the flowmaster outlaw catback or the magnaflow competition catback...... i wanna know some opinions,
which is louder, which one adds more power, which fits better under the car etc....my car is stock right now
Kurt_5ohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Power is negligibly the same for all catbacks. I still say you really should seek out someone with the exhausts you are considering because videos don't reproduce the sound 100% very well.

Local meets. Local shops (the guys there prob all have mustangs and with diff exhausts).

Ask forum members if they're close to you and meet up somewhere.

Don't go too loud. I'm sick of my exhaust sometimes cause its so friggin loud.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kurt_5ohh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: long island New york/south west florida
Region: Florida
Posts: 56
whoever has either of the two your opinion and input is greatly appreciated
Kurt_5ohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Power is negligibly the same for all catbacks. I still say you really should seek out someone with the exhausts you are considering because videos don't reproduce the sound 100% very well. Local meets. Local shops (the guys there prob all have mustangs and with diff exhausts). Ask forum members if they're close to you and meet up somewhere. Don't go too loud. I'm sick of my exhaust sometimes cause its so friggin loud.
amen to the last part lol.
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Sorry didnt post my exhaust setup.

Flowmaster Hushpower catback with car delete pipes

Loud. Great sound. Deep throaty base rumble.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Sorry didnt post my exhaust setup. Flowmaster Hushpower catback with car delete pipes Loud. Great sound. Deep throaty base rumble.
I have the S-Types / JBA O/R H / Stock headers and my car is by far one of the loudest in my city. I will get random text daily saying I hear you hahaha
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
I have the S-Types / JBA O/R H / Stock headers and my car is by far one of the loudest in my city. I will get random text daily saying I hear you hahaha
Haha, damn. Looks like it's time for me to at least remove my resonators then, because my S-Types aren't nearly that loud.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
acornsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Haha, damn. Looks like it's time for me to at least remove my resonators then, because my S-Types aren't nearly that loud.
still have the resonators. just o/r midpipe with the styles
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nasty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katy
Region: Texas
Posts: 145
I have the outlaws on my 2014 and love them they are very deep I sold my roush to get the outlaws and I am very happy!
Nasty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Hbjatt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty5.0 View Post
I have the outlaws on my 2014 and love them they are very deep I sold my roush to get the outlaws and I am very happy!
Aren't the oulaws louder with less rasp compared to the roush? I can't tell on youtube. I'm selling the roush cuz they were too loud with the off road H.
Hbjatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nasty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katy
Region: Texas
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbjatt13 View Post

Aren't the oulaws louder with less rasp compared to the roush? I can't tell on youtube. I'm selling the roush cuz they were too loud with the off road H.
Yes they are louder and deeper with less rasp but they have some drone at 2,000 rpm where the roush have no drone
Nasty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kurt_5ohh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: long island New york/south west florida
Region: Florida
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty5.0 View Post
I have the outlaws on my 2014 and love them they are very deep I sold my roush to get the outlaws and I am very happy!

do you have the catback or axleback? and iv heard really good things about the outlaws im swaying more towards them
Kurt_5ohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nasty5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katy
Region: Texas
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_5ohh View Post

do you have the catback or axleback? and iv heard really good things about the outlaws im swaying more towards them
Axle back they are great!!
Nasty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:55 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.