Advice on next mod - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luna1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Region: Utah
Posts: 805
Advice on next mod

Ok so I have an 05 gt and iv got a good amount of mods

Cold air intake
Pro chamber mid pipe
Slp axelbacks
Throttle body spacer
Zex 100 shot
Bmr control arms
4.10 gears
Bama tune
Under drive pulleys

I'm looking for the next performce mod to accel harder and just be over all faster I want cams but that a little expenseve and advice?
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Lower control arms will help you launch better... Aluminum driveshaft will free up some rotational weight... Cams will add power.

There isn't really much you can do aside from actual engine work.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luna1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Region: Utah
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Lower control arms will help you launch better... Aluminum driveshaft will free up some rotational weight... Cams will add power. There isn't really much you can do aside from actual engine work.
cams are what I wanna do next I'm thinking about it but install cost is what scares me
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna1994 View Post
cams are what I wanna do next I'm thinking about it but install cost is what scares me
Install it yourself, it's not that hard..
Terminator literally just finished installing cams himself a week ago.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luna1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Region: Utah
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Install it yourself, it's not that hard.. Terminator literally just finished installing cams himself a week ago.
oh really? Maby I'll do that then
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
There is a tool you will need to do it, but you can rent it from this place called Freedom Racing tools... Otherwise if you buy it, it will be a couple hundred $.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luna1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Region: Utah
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
There is a tool you will need to do it, but you can rent it from this place called Freedom Racing tools... Otherwise if you buy it, it will be a couple hundred $.
what tool?
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
You will also need to degree any cams you buy, regardless of what you hear about keeping the sprockets aligned or "line up the dots" or whatever. If you don't degree them they WILL be off. If you buy cams from MHS they have the option for a degree service where they're done for you. But at any rate, prepare thy anus for the cost of 4 modular cams.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna1994 View Post
Ok so I have an 05 gt and iv got a good amount of mods

Cold air intake
Pro chamber mid pipe
Slp axelbacks
Throttle body spacer
Zex 100 shot
Bmr control arms
4.10 gears
Bama tune
Under drive pulleys

I'm looking for the next performce mod to accel harder and just be over all faster I want cams but that a little expenseve and advice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna1994 View Post
cams are what I wanna do next I'm thinking about it but install cost is what scares me
It sounds like you have a great build so far! How much power are you making on Spray and have you taken your Mustang to the track? I'd love to hear the results!

You definitely have all the basic bolts on done and then some! It looks like you've decided to do cams next, that's a great mod on the 3V's. The install on a Mustang is pretty difficult and I would recommend professional installation if you haven't attempted a job to this extent before! Cams will pick up a ton of power up top on your car.

You may also want to look into a 1-Piece driveshaft. Saving weight is always important, especially off of rotating mass! You'll pick up 3 tenths in the quarter mile from switching out the driveshaft and it's much stronger.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Luna1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Salt Lake City
Region: Utah
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
It sounds like you have a great build so far! How much power are you making on Spray and have you taken your Mustang to the track? I'd love to hear the results! You definitely have all the basic bolts on done and then some! It looks like you've decided to do cams next, that's a great mod on the 3V's. The install on a Mustang is pretty difficult and I would recommend professional installation if you haven't attempted a job to this extent before! Cams will pick up a ton of power up top on your car. You may also want to look into a 1-Piece driveshaft. Saving weight is always important, especially off of rotating mass! You'll pick up 3 tenths in the quarter mile from switching out the driveshaft and it's much stronger. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance! -Dan
what cams are ganna give me the best hp gains I heard the Detroit rockers are great
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
MMR NA cams have good reviews and even the Ford Hot cams are good. A guy around the corner from me has cams in his 05-09 and it sounds badass. Problem is he drives like a complete ******-canoe and has woken me up multiple times at 3 in the morning doing like 65mph through the 25mph zone in our neighborhood so I don't really want to flag him down and talk to him except to tell him to slow the ufck down.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:23 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.