Trade-in? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamf70
Buying a new car isn't exactly a "good" investment from a financial standpoint. As mentioned earlier you lost several thousand dollars the minute you drove the car off the lot. You are lucky to have some equity in it, trading it now would let you get out of the car, but you would do it at the cost of most of your equity. Your 2013 is probably worth low-mid 20s as a trade in right now....there are still dealers with brand new 2013s they haven't sold yet. I know you are talking about when the 2015s come out, but the situation will be even worse then. You will have the "old" body style and a dealer will not want to give you top dollar for your trade.

The best move you could make would be to use and appreciate the money your parents put into your car by enjoying it for at least 5 years. At that point at least you will have gotten your money's worth and will still have a car worth a fair amount on a trade in. Swapping one car for another is a great way to put yourself in bad financial shape....something you should most definitely avoid if you are only 18. Keep your car, take care of it and enjoy it and don't let yourself get caught up in wanting the next big thing....you have the rest of your life to do that
+1. Trading a car that early is just a stupid decision. You will basically lose the 18k you put into it.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
+1. Trading a car that early is just a stupid decision. You will basically lose the 18k you put into it.
I also just remembered that usually the first year of new generations of cars usually have problems anyways, unless I'm completely surprised by what the new one offers( in a good way, and very unlikely) I'm keeping mine. So basically, I'm keeping mine for a while.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #38
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I also just remembered that usually the first year of new generations of cars usually have problems anyways, unless I'm completely surprised by what the new one offers( in a good way, and very unlikely) I'm keeping mine. So basically, I'm keeping mine for a while.
You also have to remember that as soon as the new generation comes out yours is going to drop even more in value

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
You also have to remember that as soon as the new generation comes out yours is going to drop even more in value
yeah, I'm gonna wait a few years... Also, Ford is rumored to be working on an 8-speed auto transmission due out in either the 16/17 model year (: and is also rumored to be bringing back the Mach 1 in 2017. I'm definitely waiting about 4 years...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
+1 Never buy a 1st gen car . Let them work the kinks out first; there will be plenty on a new platform.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
I'm not. I'm simply wondering what your opinions on it are, I'm almost certain I'm going to keep my GT, Ford would really have to surprise me on the exterior design, on top of what is confirmed, for me to even seriously consider a trade in.
As far as the exterior is concerned, it's gonna be pretty close to what a current ford fusion looks like. Sure it will have more horses in it, but not the look of a muscle car - just as they fcuked up camaro's rear in new 2014s'

Stick with your GT premium, my gut feeling says it will be in huge demand if buyers ain't impressed with the looks of a 2015. At least I won't lol. Rather than putting money down for a newbie, use this extra cash to upgrade your gt. Forged/built engine and a twin turbo setup? You will be kissing 1200 rwhp easily! (Google it for info). Just my 2 cents
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
As far as the exterior is concerned, it's gonna be pretty close to what a current ford fusion looks like. Sure it will have more horses in it, but not the look of a muscle car - just as they fcuked up camaro's rear in new 2014s' Stick with your GT premium, my gut feeling says it will be in huge demand if buyers ain't impressed with the looks of a 2015. At least I won't lol. Rather than putting money down for a newbie, use this extra cash to upgrade your gt. Forged/built engine and a twin turbo setup? You will be kissing 1200 rwhp easily! (Google it for info). Just my 2 cents
I'm gonna wait at least a few years and get a 2016/17 GT, maybe. And my parents won't let me do any upgrades to the car that would void the warranties the 16/17 model year is rumored to have an 8 speed auto transmission, and the return of the Mach 1
Old 10-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that be good! I have a 2014 v6 and let me tell you I always get tempted to buy a new gt..like at least twice a week. Just gotta control that inner animal lol
Old 10-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah that be good! I have a 2014 v6 and let me tell you I always get tempted to buy a new gt..like at least twice a week. Just gotta control that inner animal lol
exactly. I'll have it under control until that 8 speed auto comes out... And a better exterior, looks like a mustang/Aston/fusion all got drunk and combined.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
exactly. I'll have it under control until that 8 speed auto comes out... And a better exterior, looks like a mustang/Aston/fusion all got drunk and combined.
That 8 speed transmission would be sick! Is your gt an auto or manual? Cuz like if you know how to drive with the latter, you're gonna enjoy every bit of power the 2017 will have IMO. Much like the '14 vette with 7 speed manual
Old 10-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That 8 speed transmission would be sick! Is your gt an auto or manual? Cuz like if you know how to drive with the latter, you're gonna enjoy every bit of power the 2017 will have IMO. Much like the '14 vette with 7 speed manual
right now I only know auto, I wanna learn manual though. But a medical condition means my motor skills are slightly slower, so I might have to stick( no pun intended ) with the auto, also have a lot if traffic some places I go.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You have a nice car man. Simmer down. You've had it for about two months and you're already bouncing off the walls taking plans to get another. I wish you could go through a day in most of our lives to see the kind of hard work it takes to afford these cars. You got a good deal out of this. Your parents are making the payments, paying the insurance and let you have a mustang in the first place. Enjoy it man. If you stop to realize where you are in your life and how much more fortunate you are than others, you'll learn to make the best of it and you'll only have good memories about it later down the road. Look at all the other guys your age around here. Most of them spend their time working nights and week ends to pay for their foxes/95's/new edges. Most of them were bought for under 8 k and came with some problems, so on top of having to work to afford them and go to school during the week, these guys come home and wrench on their cars to fix them up. The only wrenching you gotta worry about is how much to tip the garage that's gonna install your cat backs.

You wanted opinions, you got some. No hate at all, but you really need to see it from the other side. Now, go drive your sweet *** car before you start another thread about trading it for a new gt500 lol.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I knew people would say that, I'm very happy with my 13 GT, I just like what's confirmed about the 2015 so far, an IRS, 400 pounds lighter(better gas mileage) and 30 more HP. That's the only reasons why I'm even thinking about it. Think what you guys want to, but I like my car a lot.
I kind of have to agree with this lad. Come on people. Who the heck wants a 2013, 420 HP 5.0. That's certainly not fast enough and its a heavy pig. Every young persons second car should be 400 pounds lighter, 30 more HP over 420 HP and let's not forget the current crappy live rear axle.

I say trade that 13 in and get the new 2015 model. Lmao.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
You have a nice car man. Simmer down. You've had it for about two months and you're already bouncing off the walls taking plans to get another. I wish you could go through a day in most of our lives to see the kind of hard work it takes to afford these cars. You got a good deal out of this. Your parents are making the payments, paying the insurance and let you have a mustang in the first place. Enjoy it man. If you stop to realize where you are in your life and how much more fortunate you are than others, you'll learn to make the best of it and you'll only have good memories about it later down the road. Look at all the other guys your age around here. Most of them spend their time working nights and week ends to pay for their foxes/95's/new edges. Most of them were bought for under 8 k and came with some problems, so on top of having to work to afford them and go to school during the week, these guys come home and wrench on their cars to fix them up. The only wrenching you gotta worry about is how much to tip the garage that's gonna install your cat backs. You wanted opinions, you got some. No hate at all, but you really need to see it from the other side. Now, go drive your sweet *** car before you start another thread about trading it for a new gt500 lol.
I do understand that I'm very fortunate. I'm just contemplating and getting in a discussion. As I've stated, this GT isn't going anywhere for a while. And the only reason I got this instead of an 05 GT is because I rarely ask my parents for anything, have great grades, and am a responsible driver. I know I'm more fortunate than a lot of people, but I am humble, and don't really boast.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
I do understand that I'm very fortunate. I'm just contemplating and getting in a discussion. As I've stated, this GT isn't going anywhere for a while. And the only reason I got this instead of an 05 GT is because I rarely ask my parents for anything, have great grades, and am a responsible driver. I know I'm more fortunate than a lot of people, but I am humble, and don't really boast.
Quick question.. Do you pay for your monthly payments/insurance or gas?
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Tons of people have great grades , drive responsibly and never ask your parents anything, so what's your point? Just accept it kid: you're spoiled. No shame in that or anything. Most people don't see any reward from their hard work at school until later in their life. I'm not saying we all gotta pity each other, but ,consider this, every minute you spend trying to justify why you earned it is an insult to everyone else who is just as deserving but less fortunate. It's a mild form of boasting. Anyways, now is a bad time to have this discussion because almost nothing about this car has been confirmed. We have seen little to nothing of what the 2015's will actually look like. Your question will be much more debatable once we actually have a car to compare it too.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post
Quick question.. Do you pay for your monthly payments/insurance or gas?
gas yes, others no

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Tons of people have great grades , drive responsibly and never ask your parents anything, so what's your point? Just accept it kid: you're spoiled. No shame in that or anything. Most people don't see any reward from their hard work at school until later in their life. I'm not saying we all gotta pity each other, but ,consider this, every minute you spend trying to justify why you earned it is an insult to everyone else who is just as deserving but less fortunate. It's a mild form of boasting. Anyways, now is a bad time to have this discussion because almost nothing about this car has been confirmed. We have seen little to nothing of what the 2015's will actually look like. Your question will be much more debatable once we actually have a car to compare it too.
ok, let's re-visit this in December, because that has been confirmed as the reveal, with Ford releasing teasers starting soon, also confirmed, just check Mustang6G.com for that.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Although I'm pretty confident I made the good choice of buying mine now (with a lull in sales and a refresh, the 13-14 models are a steal), I gotta admit I'm excited for the unveil. I remember when the 2010 was being unveiled. That was really cool.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Less fortunate doesn't apply. People make their own fortune, literally and figuratively. We live in a country where hard work is rewarded. Some people just have a different perception of what hard work is
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Although I'm pretty confident I made the good choice of buying mine now (with a lull in sales and a refresh, the 13-14 models are a steal), I gotta admit I'm excited for the unveil. I remember when the 2010 was being unveiled. That was really cool.
agreed, I just wanna see what the thing actually looks like, NO MORE RENDERS, GIVE US THE ACTUAL CAR FORD!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
gas yes, others no ---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ---------- ok, let's re-visit this in December, because that has been confirmed as the reveal, with Ford releasing teasers starting soon, also confirmed, just check Mustang6G.com for that.
Just wondering.. Don't worry I'm not gonna bash on you. I noticed you're the same age as me, so that's why I ask.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just wondering.. Don't worry I'm not gonna bash on you. I noticed you're the same age as me, so that's why I ask.
ok, and thanks. I pay as long as I get any money in, whether it be by around the neighborhood,or a job, if I don't have one, then they pay for gas also, either 89, or 93 octane.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ok, and thanks. I pay as long as I get any money in, whether it be by around the neighborhood,or a job, if I don't have one, then they pay for gas also, either 89, or 93 octane.
I have a job.. Pay for gas and all payments.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
depends on your age, early 20's? Ouch. 30's shouldn't be too bad. My golf coach is a senior in college, has to pay for tuition, car, and gas.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
depends on your age, early 20's? Ouch. 30's shouldn't be too bad. My golf coach is a senior in college, has to pay for tuition, car, and gas.
I'm 17.. Luckily I don't have to pay tuition yet.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #61
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I would be like that, but my parents want me to really focus on school so I have a deal with them for insurance and occasional gas.

HID end all thread
Old 10-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm 17
dang, car year/type? Also, my golf coach has a 2013 GT, with GT500 AB's
Old 10-17-2013, 12:11 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
dang, car year/type?
2003 GT

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote:
I would be like that, but my parents want me to really focus on school so I have a deal with them for insurance and occasional gas.
Nothing wrong with that. Do you work?
Old 10-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #64
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
2003 GT ---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ---------- Nothing wrong with that. Do you work?
Had a job in High School. Still need to get one in college though. Want to get an on campus job so I can work without having to sacrifice for gas to get to work. But there is a complicated process before you can start applying for on campus jobs.

HID end all thread
Old 10-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Had a job in High School. Still need to get one in college though. Want to get an on campus job so I can work without having to sacrifice for gas to get to work. But there is a complicated process before you can start applying for on campus jobs.
I hear ya. I'm a senior and still have a job, so we'll see where that leads me next year.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #66
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I hear ya. I'm a senior and still have a job, so we'll see where that leads me next year.
I'm going to college an hour and a half away so I couldn't keep my same job.

HID end all thread
Old 10-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm going to college an hour and a half away so I couldn't keep my same job.
Dang! That is pretty rough on the gas money as well.. Good luck with the job man!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #68
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Dang! That is pretty rough on the gas money as well.. Good luck with the job man!
I live on campus so my car only gets driven once every 3 weeks or so. And my parents said whenever I come home for a weekend or such they will buy me a tank of gas. It only takes 1/4 tank to get here so I can get here, drive around a few places and make it back home with the same tank

HID end all thread
Old 10-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I live on campus so my car only gets driven once every 3 weeks or so. And my parents said whenever I come home for a weekend or such they will buy me a tank of gas. It only takes 1/4 tank to get here so I can get here, drive around a few places and make it back home with the same tank
Oh okay, that's not too bad then. I thought you were saying it was that far of a drive that you have to make everyday. Haha
Old 10-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #70
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Oh okay, that's not too bad then. I thought you were saying it was that far of a drive that you have to make everyday. Haha
Oh god no, i honestly would not have a mustang if I had to drive that every day. Id have a sport bike.

HID end all thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion