Trade-in? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Oh god no, i honestly would not have a mustang if I had to drive that every day. Id have a sport bike.
I was gonna say.. How do you keep your stang if you have to do that.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #72
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post
I was gonna say.. How do you keep your stang if you have to do that.
I actually didn't have to pay for gas in high school either. But if I did then I would have gotten a bike also. I was getting 13mpg max in the city/suburbs where I live.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I actually didn't have to pay for gas in high school either. But if I did then I would have gotten a bike also. I was getting 13mpg max in the city/suburbs where I live.
Yeah my mom lives in Denver and my dad lives in Parker (45min drive).. So driving back and forth between houses and paying my way on gas sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #74
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Yeah my mom lives in Denver and my dad lives in Parker (45min drive).. So driving back and forth between houses and paying my way on gas sucks.
I bet it does. I could probably get better mpg if I did a tune up. I'm getting lower mpg than I should be getting.

HID end all thread
Old 10-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I bet it does. I could probably get better mpg if I did a tune up. I'm getting lower mpg than I should be getting.
Yeah I really need a tune and 4.10 gears since I drive all city
Old 10-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #76
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Yeah I really need a tune and 4.10 gears since I drive all city
I really want 4.10s. But after seeing the student loans start to pile up I realized I should start saving instead of buying mods.

HID end all thread
Old 10-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I really want 4.10s. But after seeing the student loans start to pile up I realized I should start saving instead of buying mods.
Haha yeah I've gotten low on money so I've been saving up the last couple months. Need to conserve some of it
Old 10-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #78
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Haha yeah I've gotten low on money so I've been saving up the last couple months. Need to conserve some of it
These loans are legitimately scaring me. I go to a private college in the Bay Area if California. This *****s expensive AF

HID end all thread
Old 10-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I'm low on money right now now also, we have had to delay the window tinting we had planned, probably will get it soon, won't get the quarter windows tinted though, eventually louvers are going on those( any color suggestions, body color, or black?). Also saving up for FRPP black wheels, and a GT500 Axle-Back, and making the tips black.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #80
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I'm low on money right now now also, we have had to delay the window tinting we had planned, probably will get it soon, won't get the quarter windows tinted though, eventually louvers are going on those( any color suggestions, body color, or black?). Also saving up for FRPP black wheels, and a GT500 Axle-Back, and making the tips black.
Body color for the window louvers

HID end all thread
Old 10-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
that's what I was leaning towards, but every other appearance mod is going to be black, including making the exhaust tips black at some point.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Quote:
These loans are legitimately scaring me. I go to a private college in the Bay Area if California. This *****s expensive AF
I bet man! I'm not ready for that part of college!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #83
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
+1 ---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ---------- I bet man! I'm not ready for that part of college!
I'll just say this, when looking for a good job/ career during/ after college it's all about who you know and what your connections are. Build up the connections.

HID end all thread
Old 10-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'll just say this, when looking for a good job/ career during/ after college it's all about who you know and what your connections are. Build up the connections.
I've heard that a lot. I'm currently gonna go to a community college for my fire science degree, and I'm already in the junior fire academy.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:00 AM   #85
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I've heard that a lot. I'm currently gonna go to a community college for my fire science degree, and I'm already in the junior fire academy.
That's good. Target reps are coming to our school tomorrow and will be accepting resumes for possible internships... I eventually want to do something in the car field some how. But I'll see if I can do some internships first.

HID end all thread
Old 10-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
I'm thinking I may try to trade in my 2013 GT Premium for the 2015 GT( possibly premium, depending on base price and dealer markup)know it's not even close to being out yet, but from what I have heard, it sounds like it is going to be great. Obviously I will wait to see what the production version of the 2015 looks like, because the renders look OK, it's growing on me, but I'm not sold(no pun intended) on it yet.
Listen Kiddo. In all seriousness. Don't listen to the hate comments about you being spoiled and need to appreciate your 2013 5.0. If your parents are willing to help you out with the 2015 model then rock out. If you are a spoiled rich kid who mommy and daddy have money, good for you bro. Its their money and if it brings joy to them by help purchasing things for you that make you happy, I say good for you.

Many people just get envious because they and their family were and are not in a position of financial wealth. I don't come from parents who had funds to help purchase me a 36k car but if you do, that's sweet kid. Enjoy your financial privileges and just take me for a ride in your new 2015 mustang.

If you have a trust fund waiting for you, that's sweet. Enjoy because you can't take it with you and you don't live forever. Go get that 2015 bro.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's good. Target reps are coming to our school tomorrow and will be accepting resumes for possible internships... I eventually want to do something in the car field some how. But I'll see if I can do some internships first.
Internships are always good. Good luck with all of that
Old 10-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Listen Kiddo. In all seriousness. Don't listen to the hate comments about you being spoiled and need to appreciate your 2013 5.0. If your parents are willing to help you out with the 2015 model then rock out. If you are a spoiled rich kid who mommy and daddy have money, good for you bro. Its their money and if it brings joy to them by help purchasing things for you that make you happy, I say good for you. Many people just get envious because they and their family were and are not in a position of financial wealth. I don't come from parents who had funds to help purchase me a 36k car but if you do, that's sweet kid. Enjoy your financial privileges and just take me for a ride in your new 2015 mustang. If you have a trust fund waiting for you, that's sweet. Enjoy because you can't take it with you and you don't live forever. Go get that 2015 bro.
thanks, but actually, I am going to wait a few years, until about the 17/18 model year.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thanks, but actually, I am going to wait a few years, until about the 17/18 model year.
Sounds good to me bro. Wait for what ever model years you want. Lol.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Sounds good to me bro. Wait for what ever model years you want. Lol.
I'm probably gonna wait until then because of the new 8 speed, and any problems with the new gen will probably be worked out by then...
Old 10-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm probably gonna wait until then because of the new 8 speed, and any problems with the new gen will probably be worked out by then...
Smart decision sounds like. Let them work the bugs out.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #92

Region: Florida
Mustangz: Be proud of that 2013 GT, it's the last of a dying breed, the American Muscle car. I not a huge fan of what we are seeing from the 2015, it is being built with a lot of Euro styling but you never know what it will end up being. Ford is notorious for making huge changes after a few years.

As for the spoiled issue or whatever, I never had a dime from my family and my first Mustang was a 14 year old beater but it was still a Mustang! That being said if I was a kid and my family wanted to help me I sure as hell would have jumped on it!

I love my 2013, favorite Stang I have had since my 03 Mach 1. I think you need to start doing small things that you can afford to the car. You will notice when you have done the work and customized the car to you it's very hard to get rid of it. There will always be something newer but you can make yours something nobody else has!
morepowerplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerplease View Post
Mustangz: Be proud of that 2013 GT, it's the last of a dying breed, the American Muscle car. I not a huge fan of what we are seeing from the 2015, it is being built with a lot of Euro styling but you never know what it will end up being. Ford is notorious for making huge changes after a few years. As for the spoiled issue or whatever, I never had a dime from my family and my first Mustang was a 14 year old beater but it was still a Mustang! That being said if I was a kid and my family wanted to help me I sure as hell would have jumped on it! I love my 2013, favorite Stang I have had since my 03 Mach 1. I think you need to start doing small things that you can afford to the car. You will notice when you have done the work and customized the car to you it's very hard to get rid of it. There will always be something newer but you can make yours something nobody else has!
I do like my GT, just would have been better with IRS, but as far as I'm concerned, my only handling issue is body roll, and that's when a**hole drivers cut me off from merging. I'm not sure how good the bolt on IRS is, and I agree about the Euro styling. I think that the car should be sold in 2 desperate styles, a sleeker euro style( what it will probably look like) and then a more American, rugged style. I want to put tint, window louvers, a GT500 exhaust, FRPP Black track pack rims( will those fit non upgraded brakes?) black 5.0 fender badges, and a black gas cap, also, about the big changes, that's why I'm going to wait a few years and see if I want to then.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I do like my GT, just would have been better with IRS, but as far as I'm concerned, my only handling issue is body roll, and that's when a**hole drivers cut me off from merging. I'm not sure how good the bolt on IRS is.
New Edge FTW. I love my IRS
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
New Edge FTW. I love my IRS
w

Well, only the new edge cobras had IRS. The gt's had solid rears
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
w Well, only the new edge cobras had IRS. The gt's had solid rears
I know that only the new edge's have IRS, but I think there are aftermarket bolt on IRS kits for the GT.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
w

Well, only the new edge cobras had IRS. The gt's had solid rears
I swapped mine

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Quote:
I know that only the new edge's have IRS, but I think there are aftermarket bolt on IRS kits for the GT.
I've never heard of an aftermarket one for the new GTs but it's probably a bad design just like mine.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I swapped mine ---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ---------- I've never heard of an aftermarket one for the new GTs but it's probably a bad design just like mine.
go an Shelby American, they have bolt on link designs, although, you have to send it off to Shelby for a GTS, GT350, etc, conversion, not worth it.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
I swapped mine ---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ---------- I've never heard of an aftermarket one for the new GTs but it's probably a bad design just like mine.
Maybe so, but it's still gives the car a dramatic increase in handling. My buddies 2001 gt was swapped with a cobra. The extra power was nice, but the irs was really cool. Totally different feel.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Maybe so, but it's still gives the car a dramatic increase in handling. My buddies 2001 gt was swapped with a cobra. The extra power was nice, but the irs was really cool. Totally different feel.
Very true. I love the way mine feels.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Very true. I love the way mine feels.
^ And looks
Old 10-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #102
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868

Take it from someone who ditched the botched irs for a built solid...ford's irs is junk and might work on something with far less power.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Take it from someone who ditched the botched irs for a built solid...ford's irs is junk and might work on something with far less power.
I wonder how their new IRS system is going to work, from the detailed reports on mustang6G.com, the new IRS seems like it will do very well in the Mustang.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #104
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz
I wonder how their new IRS system is going to work, from the detailed reports on mustang6G.com, the new IRS seems like it will do very well in the Mustang.
If they design the car for it it will work much better.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

They did have that IRS system in mind wen they designed it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion